2020 Audi Q3 Sportback

Carbon82

9 hours ago, Treestar said:

Well 1.4TSI is a veteran engine so hopefully it has been improved over the yrs. Avoid the 1.5 with hybrid batt...afyer warranty, batt replacement cost is a bomb..

Personally, as a techie, my preference is the new 1.5L mild hybrid engine.  A new engine would have tech improvements, and a bigger engine (same hp and torque) would be less stress on the components.  It also comes with the 7 sp dsg (hopefully wet) and the battery pack (boast power for 10 secs) should be a treat for driving on NSHW.

But I am sure PA studied the option and picked the old 1.4L engine insted - perhaps for costs, VES banding, etc.  In Asia Pacific, only Hong Kong (afaik) has the 1.5L engine.

As for warranty, its not a big issue for me - since we are covered for 5 years.  Anyway, its a done deal for the Q3 in SG - so its idle talk!😊

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Personally, as a techie, my preference is the new 1.5L mild hybrid engine.  A new engine would have tech improvements, and a bigger engine (same hp and torque) would be less stress on the components.  It also comes with the 7 sp dsg (hopefully wet) and the battery pack (boast power for 10 secs) should be a treat for driving on NSHW.

But I am sure PA studied the option and picked the old 1.4L engine insted - perhaps for costs, VES banding, etc.  In Asia Pacific, only Hong Kong (afaik) has the 1.5L engine.

As for warranty, its not a big issue for me - since we are covered for 5 years.  Anyway, its a done deal for the Q3 in SG - so its idle talk!😊

Is the 1-4T the same engine use on the VW Golf?

1 minute ago, Htancl said:

should be ... audi is using vw engine to cut cost

golf vs audi ... the major diff is the dsg vs stronic gearbox

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

should be ... audi is using vw engine to cut cost

golf vs audi ... the major diff is the dsg vs stronic gearbox

Gosh. How can that use on  the much bigger and heavier Q3 and Q3 SB. 

2 minutes ago, Htancl said:

no diff for bmw what

the 1.5L 3cyc is used in 1, 2, 3, X1 and X2 ... 

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

no diff for bmw what

the 1.5L 3cyc is used in 1, 2, 3, X1 and X2 ... 

Ya. I test drove the X1 and don’t like the engine. Very rough. Though I like the 218i Gran coupe. Maybe because it’s lighter 

Edited by Htancl

20 minutes ago, Htancl said:

Going forward

Audi will be in charge of VAG R&D

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Going forward

Audi will be in charge of VAG R&D

VW .... the largest group .... share engine, share techs, share platform

VW = vw, audi, porsche, seat, skoda ... all bao ka liao!

you get similar engine, techs and platform across all these brands

Edited by Wt_know

On 3/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, Treestar said:

Yes there is a general Q3 grp..pm me if u are Q3 owner and i cam refer u to the admin..our Q3SB chat is fr SB related sales n mods talk, so that we dont spam the Q3 community chat

Thank you, will pm u when the day come.

isn’t Q3 and Q3SB share all the same engine and parts except the exterior rear ?
would expect all the mod & sales would apply to both groups.

1 hour ago, Htancl said:

I believe in SG, the 1.4T is also used in the VW Tiguan suv; same 6 sp dsg too. 

36 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I’m not entirely sure the 1.4 is the same as the old one. I believe there is a slightly newer engine to mate with MQB platform (but not brand new). This was mentioned in one of the Aussie reviews I saw. 

https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=116

Edited by Fiat5oo

21 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

vw tiguan is using the 1.4 with active cylinder tech. skoda karoq is using the latest 1.5 with active cylinder tech. audi q3 is still on the previous gen 1.4 with no cylinder activation. it all depends on what AD wants to bring in, in overseas markets they are already delivering with the latest engines. not sure why PA is still not willing to bring them in

5 minutes ago, jadesun said:

not sure why PA is still not willing to bring them in

because uniquely singapore

PAY more for LESS ... because of ARF, COE, VES, DUTY, GST ... song bo!!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, jadesun said:

vw tiguan is using the 1.4 with active cylinder tech. skoda karoq is using the latest 1.5 with active cylinder tech. audi q3 is still on the previous gen 1.4 with no cylinder activation. it all depends on what AD wants to bring in, in overseas markets they are already delivering with the latest engines. not sure why PA is still not willing to bring them in

Maybe PA know that the brand sells. Not many pay attention to the the type of engine and gearbox. Most see the car nice with all the latest tech enough for him to book without even test drive.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Htancl said:

Same engine but different state of tune. Golf has the 123hp/200nm version. The 148hp/250nm engine found in the Q3 can also be found in the VW Tiguan and Skoda Octavia.