2020 Audi Q3 Sportback

Carbon82

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, joshua182 said:

jesus they chose it for one reason and one reason only. cost....

not wrong too. probably just 2 out of 10 customers will want to pay more for it. They are pricing it for margin and what the masses will want. Further, Q3 is meant for upgrader from B&B cars...

5 hours ago, Sopskysalat said:

not wrong too. probably just 2 out of 10 customers will want to pay more for it. They are pricing it for margin and what the masses will want. Further, Q3 is meant for upgrader from B&B cars...

It's a nice car, no doubt, Looks and tech is there. The engine is probably the only short coming. Just acceleration is not smooth which I didn't expect from an Audi. Of course, there is the 2.0l variant which probably on indent basis with additional  20-30K maybe?

Collected my q3 sb mid March. Some initial thoughts:

- beautiful car

- not a fan of its 6 speed wet gearbox. Compared to 7 speed dsg dry, its jerkier at low speeds (compared to dsg 7 speed dry) and it shifts up at higher rpm in comfort mode. Hence, not the most comfy setup unless cruising on highway at gear 6. SE said gearbox is the same as GTI 6 speed dsg wet, hence not as comfy as desired (not sure if I follow his logic though)

- initial pickup is less torquey than the normal Q3. Perhaps it’s because the sb is about 100kg heavier, standing at 1.5 tonnes

- handling is surprisingly better than I expected. Performed well when I took it to 99 bends for a spin in dynamic mode

- oddly, some mild rattling within the cabin when going over harsh/ bumpy surfaces

- amazing tech and practicality, however rear passenger space is just average

for info, still running on stock rims and tires. Bought the car during the exclusive pre launch without a test drive because it’s too beautiful 😛

new owners do share your experiences too! Would be curious if any would corroborate my points :D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Pandaboi said:

- beautiful car

- not a fan of its 6 speed wet gearbox. Compared to 7 speed dsg dry, its jerkier at low speeds (compared to dsg 7 speed dry) and it shifts up at higher rpm in comfort mode. Hence, not the most comfy setup unless cruising on highway at gear 6. SE said gearbox is the same as GTI 6 speed dsg wet, hence not as comfy as desired (not sure if I follow his logic though)

- initial pickup is less torquey than the normal Q3. Perhaps it’s because the sb is about 100kg heavier, standing at 1.5 tonnes

- handling is surprisingly better than I expected. Performed well when I took it to 99 bends for a spin in dynamic mode

- oddly, some mild rattling within the cabin when going over harsh/ bumpy surfaces

for info, still running on stock rims and tires. Bought the car during the exclusive pre launch without a test drive because it’s too beautiful 😛

new owners do share your experiences too! Would be curious if any would corroborate my points :D

Tks bro for the feedback and congrats on your purchase, really good looking car[thumbsup]

The dry DSG was the problematic one (VW) before n so whilst they claim it's been solved, think u shld appreciate the more reliable wet GB though indeed DSG is smoother. 

• Praise 7

Supersonic
42 minutes ago, Pandaboi said:

SE said gearbox is the same as GTI 6 speed dsg wet, hence not as comfy as desired (not sure if I follow his logic though) 

No logic. Wet DSG is smooth and intended for higher end models n can handle higher torque. Going by SE logic, VAG purposely make things worse when one pays more? Lol

• Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Pandaboi said:

Bought the car during the exclusive pre launch without a test drive because it’s too beautiful

every morning gotta go to work ... sibei sian

then walk to the carpark and see a chio car parked there ready for you to ride

that's all it matters

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

that's all it matters

i really agree on this!!! haha

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

that's all it matters

After driving for 5mins, reach home liao

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

After driving for 5mins, reach home liao

that's why i need to go clear carbon at least once a month but lockdown liao [bigcry] 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Pandaboi said:

Congrats!
when you said passenger space, are you referring to head room or leg room.

personally, I find the rear passenger space is quite good rather than average.

however, for SB, the headroom is lower due to the “Sportback” design...lol.

55 minutes ago, Firehorse said:

Congrats!
when you said passenger space, are you referring to head room or leg room.

personally, I find the rear passenger space is quite good rather than average.

however, for SB, the headroom is lower due to the “Sportback” design...lol.

I’m 175cm. I find leg room to be slightly shorter than a Golf. Headroom definitely less than a Golf, but in my view still better than an A3.

I note that the angle of the rear seats also influence the amount of perceived space a passenger has. 

Yes, headroom for Golf is comparable to Q3 and I felt Q3 may be even more generous. However, definitely not for Q3SB as it is design as such for the sportier look and the rear.

legroom also depends on the driver sitting position.

if front and back passengers are both 175cm...may be a little less comfy.

I am 168 cm and at the rear, still have a few inches of headroom.  Still very comfy for me.

I know others have complained of the high brake pedal (vis-a-vis the gas pedal) and it feels odd and cumbersome moving the right foot from gas to brake, and vice-versa.  Would definitely want to have it adjusted.

For a small 1.4T, it feels decently fast given the bulk and weight of the car (I dont think it is much heavier than the Q3 standard); nice torque too.  Didnt feel anything disturbing with the 6 sp DSG gearbox; its shifting smoothly (of course not as fun as in a Gti). Yeah, the steering is too light and little feel!

I share this ride with my wife.  A negative (its an inconvenience) - the powered driver's seat has no memory feature!

For me, its a nice upgrade from a 1.5T X1.😊

• Praise 1

I checked with PA and the brake pedal height can not be adjusted - I think for safety reasons.  So, have to adjust and live with it!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1