2020 Audi Q3 Sportback

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I am 168 cm and at the rear, still have a few inches of headroom.  Still very comfy for me.

I know others have complained of the high brake pedal (vis-a-vis the gas pedal) and it feels odd and cumbersome moving the right foot from gas to brake, and vice-versa.  Would definitely want to have it adjusted.

For a small 1.4T, it feels decently fast given the bulk and weight of the car (I dont think it is much heavier than the Q3 standard); nice torque too.  Didnt feel anything disturbing with the 6 sp DSG gearbox; its shifting smoothly (of course not as fun as in a Gti). Yeah, the steering is too light and little feel!

I share this ride with my wife.  A negative (its an inconvenience) - the powered driver's seat has no memory feature!

For me, its a nice upgrade from a 1.5T X1.😊

Looking at both x1 and q3 sb.. what are the features that make u feel its better than the x1?

↡ Advertisement

I had the X1 for just over 3 years and its a nice compact suv.  Its 1.5T engine is noisy/rough but competent.  The drive is solid even though its FWD.  Very spacious - passenger as well as storage.  I had 2 front suspension noises, and parts were changed under the 5 year warranty.  I actually considered the face lifted X1 but the car design still looks dated.

I initially considered the Q3 standard (#10k cheaper than the Sportback).  I owned the previous generation Q3, 2L and quite liked it.  This 2020 model has the looks (particularly Sportback), is spacious, and very nice interiors.  It is very competitively priced too.

• Praise 3

On 3/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, Firehorse said:

Thank you, will pm u when the day come.

isn’t Q3 and Q3SB share all the same engine and parts except the exterior rear ?
would expect all the mod & sales would apply to both groups.

Grille, bodykit, interior alcantra , seats different

Our Q3 does not come with a spare wheel; it is equipped with a bottle of sealant and 12V battery operated pump.  I have never used one of this kit before and still dont know how to use it.  The present kits must be much easier to use compared to those provided in earlier years (when you get only a pressurised can of sealant!).

Below is a video of how to use this repair kit.  Hopefully you dont have to use one, but just in case - it should be helpful to know how to use it.

Oh, I always feel it is worthwhile to carry a car jack in the boot.  The scissor-type are inexpensive and compact.

Also, install a set of TPMS to monitor your tyre pressure and catch a leak before it goes flat.  They are cheap - less than $50

Edited by Jeffrey
Added TPMS
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
On 3/28/2020 at 9:10 AM, Jeffrey said:

Our Q3 does not come with a spare wheel; it is equipped with a bottle of sealant and 12V battery operated pump.  I have never used one of this kit before and still dont know how to use it.  The present kits must be much easier to use compared to those provided in earlier years (when you get only a pressurised can of sealant!).

Below is a video of how to use this repair kit.  Hopefully you dont have to use one, but just in case - it should be helpful to know how to use it.

Oh, I always feel it is worthwhile to carry a car jack in the boot.  The scissor-type are inexpensive and compact.

Also, install a set of TPMS to monitor your tyre pressure and catch a leak before it goes flat.  They are cheap - less than $50

Unless you are in Malaysia where you need to travel long distances. A typical puncture is a slow leak. Just pump it up enough to bring the car to a tire shop. Very very will one ever experience a catastrophic tire failure. 
that said, you need to be aware of a puncture in the first place, which is why a tyre pressure monitoring system is useful, if the car doesn’t already come with one. 

a jack without a spare is useless. 

Edited by Mkl22

40 minutes ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

Nice! What is the model of these 2 cars? Do you know the colour? Thanks!

both are glacier white q3 sb with brown interior leather

Edited by Pandaboi
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Pandaboi said:

both are glacier white q3 sb with brown interior leather

Thanks Pandaboi, I wonder if it’s with any special pack like ‘black pack’.  I’m thinking of getting the cheapest option and then change the accessories step by step....

Edited by F10_Blackhawk
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Unless you are in Malaysia where you need to travel long distances. A typical puncture is a slow leak. Just pump it up enough to bring the car to a tire shop. Very very will one ever experience a catastrophic tire failure. 
that said, you need to be aware of a puncture in the first place, which is why a tyre pressure monitoring system is useful, if the car doesn’t already come with one. 

a jack without a spare is useless. 

You should prepare your car for most eventualities - travelling up to Msia is one.

When I had my previous Q3, one morning I went to the car park and found one wheel complete flat.  The first thing I did was to inflate the flat with the 12V battery so I could drive to a nearby tyre shop to get it patched.  Tried as I did, the flat would not inflate - I guess the pump could not cope with most of the weight of the car sitting on one flat.  So I used the car jack (good thing I had one!) to raise the car, removed the flat wheel, and took it to the shop for a patch.

That's why I carry a cheap and compact jack!

• Praise 1

Hi Q3SB owners! I will be collecting my Q3SB in a week’s time and will officially be a Q3SB owner too! Was wondering if anyone here traded-in the stock tyres and rims right after collecting the car? I was given a 17” tyres and rims is ugly as hell..

4 hours ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

Thanks Pandaboi, I wonder if it’s with any special pack like ‘black pack’.  I’m thinking of getting the cheapest option and then change the accessories step by step....

Nope. The cars are stock. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Our Q3 does not come with a spare wheel; and TPMS is not activated on MMI (double whammy!).  So I got a TPMS  (internal type) from AliExpress for about $50 and had it installed - the 4 sensors/valves to each wheel.  The remote screen (see pic) is solar powered (can also use usb for charging).  It alerts when any of the tyre pressure is low or high.  Very useful.

Q3 TPMS.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey
  • Praise 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:22 PM, Pandaboi said:

Coincidentally twinning today 🤣

91FC769B-19CC-4B83-9702-EA35FC805D11.jpeg

left car is regular q3? feels taller....or is it the angle? nice cars btw

Neutral Newbie

Can any owner confirm if there is Memory Seat for the driver? The absence of it will be a deal breaker for me.

Neutral Newbie
6 minutes ago, Cyano said:

Can any owner confirm if there is Memory Seat for the driver? The absence of it will be a deal breaker for me.

No memory seat for both sides