2020 Audi Q3 Sportback

Carbon82

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I understand the overtrade deal - for higher loan, and also as a means for the AD to hide extra discounts given to a particular customer.

I guess my question is how is the "base" trade-in price established?  By PA inhouse valuer (A) or a 3rd party used car dealer (B)?  For example, B may value your trade-in at $100k, but A at $92k, a gap of $8k.   That will distort the effective price by $8k.

Easy answer is never trade in. Whatever the SE quote u is usually BS as there's no transparency and probably w a hidden margin there for "freebies" and extra profit.

Go sell it directly or thru Quotz, walk in w bargaining power without being beholden to whatever shitty trade in price that can be manipulated by the SE

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

35 minutes ago, Soya said:

Easy answer is never trade in. Whatever the SE quote u is usually BS as there's no transparency and probably w a hidden margin there for "freebies" and extra profit.

Go sell it directly or thru Quotz, walk in w bargaining power without being beholden to whatever shitty trade in price that can be manipulated by the SE

yes. always argue that with or without trade in, what is the the final price  that’s the price you are willing to pay.

with trade in i will push for another 1-2k because with trade in they make another 8k-10k profit from the resale of your trade in car [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, Sinster said:

I would say every part of the pricing is individually negotiable and usually inflated to hide some margin for the dealer. 

eg a fair market price for your trade in car maybe $40K, but they will quote $36-$39 and then use the over trade of $10K to imply you are getting $46-$49K. 

I look at the net price as without all discounts. 

That's why my calculation of effective price is so far different from that of PA!

Anyway, I use my own calculation to decide whether I got a fair deal before signing.  Problem is most of us are over-eager (excitement of buying a new car) and don't give ourselves sufficient time to review the numbers or the time to cool off and think rationally.  I am definitely guilty!

2 hours ago, Soya said:

From my personal experience, it is a hassle to sell directly.  Usually you end up selling to a used car dealer, and if lucky, get a couple of grand more.  But you subject yourself to all sort of inconveniences with low ballers and also get humiliated by buyers who want to know down your price.  There's also the paperwork to be done.  But the biggest fear is to sell your car and encounter problems getting your money or some other scam.  So as a result, my last few purchases have always been on a trade-in basis.  You lose a few grand but have peace of mind!  

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

From my personal experience, it is a hassle to sell directly.  Usually you end up selling to a used car dealer, and if lucky, get a couple of grand more.  But you subject yourself to all sort of inconveniences with low ballers and also get humiliated by buyers who want to know down your price.  There's also the paperwork to be done.  But the biggest fear is to sell your car and encounter problems getting your money or some other scam.  So as a result, my last few purchases have always been on a trade-in basis.  You lose a few grand but have peace of mind!  

Soya already highlighted to you the route of Quotz as well.

Money is the easiest problem.  No cashier order no talk.

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Soya already highlighted to you the route of Quotz as well.

Money is the easiest problem.  No cashier order no talk.

Hahahaa....nvm lah bro. Guess some don't mind paying tuition fees to get thru a very simple test

• Praise 1

Adding another layer, cuts the $ benefits of selling direct.  Also, not so convenient from a timing standpoint - you cant buy a new car until you have sold your car and funds in hand.  Right?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  Its an option for some

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Adding another layer, cuts the $ benefits of selling direct.  Also, not so convenient from a timing standpoint - you cant buy a new car until you have sold your car and funds in hand.  Right?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  Its an option for some

You can always sell it before booking new car.

Just take cab for a few mths.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Currently hesitant between Pulse Orange and Dew Silver right before signing the contract with PA, I wonder if this choice would affect my car's resale value; would Pulse Orange be too flashy to be commonly accepted?

Many thanks in advance for any insight from you guys here.

Edited by siglap19

Supersonic
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

You can always sell it before booking new car.

Just take cab for a few mths.

I was never without a car when I sell first b4 picking up new car

Not exactly rocket science to know the ETA of the new car vs when to release extg car

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Those who have test drove the Q3 or Q3 SB, do you guys find the engine slightly rough?Power seem to be sufficient but engine is not smooth. Heard it's still using the previous gen 1.4T. This is the only factor that I am still pondering, everything else fit what I'm looking for.

Edited by Htancl

1 minute ago, Htancl said:

Those who have test drove the Q3 or Q3 SB, do you guys find the engine slightly rough?Power seem to be sufficient but engine is not smooth. Heard it's still using the previous gen 1.4T

too bad it's not the latest 1.5L turbo that is in 2020 A3 SB?

Edited by Wt_know

Well 1.4TSI is a veteran engine so hopefully it has been improved over the yrs. Avoid the 1.5 with hybrid batt...afyer warranty, batt replacement cost is a bomb..

2 hours ago, Htancl said:

Those who have test drove the Q3 or Q3 SB, do you guys find the engine slightly rough?Power seem to be sufficient but engine is not smooth. Heard it's still using the previous gen 1.4T. This is the only factor that I am still pondering, everything else fit what I'm looking for.

Yes, I felt the engine is rough.

5 hours ago, siglap19 said:

Hi guys,

Currently hesitant between Pulse Orange and Dew Silver right before signing the contract with PA, I wonder if this choice would affect my car's resale value; would Pulse Orange be too flashy to be commonly accepted?

How much was quoted?

12 hours ago, siglap19 said:

Hi guys,

Yes it will affect your resale value. White/Black/Silver are the best. 

14 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Tried Quotz before, I woule say it's quite hasslefree, just that you need to drive down and spend probably an hr for them to check your car and test-drive. Dealer quoted me $68K but end up I got $75K from Quotz. They gave me the flexibility of handing over my car within 2wks if I rem correctly. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6