2020 Audi Q3 Sportback

Carbon82

On 6/27/2020 at 12:06 AM, mrdonkey said:

Anyone can advise if 19-21 inch rims does any fuel issues to your current Q3? 
any kakis already zhng their rims and tyres?

still contemplating what size rims should I go for? Currently looking at 19 inch rims. But I see some kakis on the road with 20-21 inch rims. 😬

hi, not necessary bigger rims will worsen your fuel consumption. It depends on the weight of the rim. 20'' forged or flow formed rims can be lighter than 18'' cast rims. but of cos forged and flow formed rims cost more

if change from 18'' cast rim to 20'' cast rim then of cos, fc will worsen

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am on 19" since day 1, not forged, but supposedly light weight rims made in Germany. I get average of 13km/l based on the long term trip computer, but based on my own calculation, each tank about 12.7 to 13km/l. I also have the Revo tune, and usually 70% on HW. Long and short is with the tune, tend to be lighter on the pedal, and therefore quite efficient.

1 hour ago, Scouse_7 said:

I am on 19" since day 1, not forged, but supposedly light weight rims made in Germany. I get average of 13km/l based on the long term trip computer, but based on my own calculation, each tank about 12.7 to 13km/l. I also have the Revo tune, and usually 70% on HW. Long and short is with the tune, tend to be lighter on the pedal, and therefore quite efficient.

ya end of day still depends on our driving route and driving style.... weight of rim plays a smaller part

70% HW regardless of any rim, FC should be relatively good

Neutral Newbie

Man, I'm a Singaporean working in Hong Kong and have been year for a few years now. I occasionally visit this this website and despite it occurring almost every time, I still get a shocked at how expensive car prices are back home. I recently upgraded to an Audi RSQ3 Sportback. Took it in the RS specific Nardo Grey paint and went a bit overboard with option ticking. Went for the complete black styling pack, threw in the monstrous 21-inch black rims, upgrade to the premium B&O sound system and since I wanted to balance sportiness and comfort, decided to pay a little extra for the RS Sports Exhaust and Audi Adaptive Dampers. Pretty much my ideal specification and monster of a car, 2.5L 5-cylinder with 400 hp and a 4.5 second sprint. Was dreading the final quotation but goddamn, it came out to HK$954,194 which at today's exchange rate is SG$170,000. That's the same price as a entry level Q3 sport back in Singapore!? Hong Kong is already considered an expensive place to buy cars but Singapore really puts it to shame... Our approach to car taxation is definitely wonky. Understand that they want to maintain low number of cars on the road. This can be achieved through a high barrier of entry, like the COE, but the PARF should not be based on the car value. That's just penalizing owners. Almost like a luxury tax of sorts. 

Audi RSQ3 spec.jpg

Twincharged
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Bryanclr said:

Man, I'm a Singaporean working in Hong Kong and have been year for a few years now. I occasionally visit this this website and despite it occurring almost every time, I still get a shocked at how expensive car prices are back home. I recently upgraded to an Audi RSQ3 Sportback. Took it in the RS specific Nardo Grey paint and went a bit overboard with option ticking. Went for the complete black styling pack, threw in the monstrous 21-inch black rims, upgrade to the premium B&O sound system and since I wanted to balance sportiness and comfort, decided to pay a little extra for the RS Sports Exhaust and Audi Adaptive Dampers. Pretty much my ideal specification and monster of a car, 2.5L 5-cylinder with 400 hp and a 4.5 second sprint. Was dreading the final quotation but goddamn, it came out to HK$954,194 which at today's exchange rate is SG$170,000. That's the same price as a entry level Q3 sport back in Singapore!? Hong Kong is already considered an expensive place to buy cars but Singapore really puts it to shame... Our approach to car taxation is definitely wonky. Understand that they want to maintain low number of cars on the road. This can be achieved through a high barrier of entry, like the COE, but the PARF should not be based on the car value. That's just penalizing owners. Almost like a luxury tax of sorts. 

Audi RSQ3 spec.jpg

But you pay for higher parking Charges and fuel. For bread and butter cars the difference between the 2 cities is not so large in the end. But for high end cars, the extra ARF and GST and customs duties will open up the gap like you mention. 
ARF is a luxury tax. Which is why it is tiered. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

But you pay for higher parking Charges and fuel. For bread and butter cars the difference between the 2 cities is not so large in the end. But for high end cars, the extra ARF and GST and customs duties will open up the gap like you mention. 
ARF is a luxury tax. Which is why it is tiered. 

stay in outskirt for cheaper parking space/lot ... enjoy bigger space and environment

take public transport to work

weekend, public holiday and night can drive RS/M/AMG/911 to go out and sian mei mei

but this cannot be done in singapore ... lol

RS/M/AMG/911 already cost SGD$500K = HKD$2.8M

but we can park the RS/M/AMG/911 in JB 2nd home ... with JB plate ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Hi there, new here. Collecting my SB in Nov. Had seen alot of this rim over the internet. Will love to get this, anyone know which shop sell this and would this be the 19 inch?

Please PM me if there’s any SB group to join.

Thanks!

D0F6BA16-A2C1-4D39-BB1E-4800C35693E0.png

Edited by NevetsAnn

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just booked my ride last weekend during the 10.10 sale. Can help to pm me on how to join the chatgroup? Anyone has changed their sound system of the car?

On 10/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, NevetsAnn said:

Hi there, new here. Collecting my SB in Nov. Had seen alot of this rim over the internet. Will love to get this, anyone know which shop sell this and would this be the 19 inch?

Please PM me if there’s any SB group to join.

Thanks!

D0F6BA16-A2C1-4D39-BB1E-4800C35693E0.png

Congrats. Did you take up the 3.6K package which includes 3 svc, UTR and solar flim? 

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Just booked my Q3 SB last week. Wanted to find out if any bros here brought their cars for MTM Stage 1with PA. I tried looking through the forum, but couldn't really find more information on this. I wanted to find out how MTM Stage 1 improved your driving experience with the Q3 SB and whether there were any issues after tuning. Thanks for sharing!!

10 hours ago, KardonX said:

Hi,

Just booked my Q3 SB last week. Wanted to find out if any bros here brought their cars for MTM Stage 1with PA. I tried looking through the forum, but couldn't really find more information on this. I wanted to find out how MTM Stage 1 improved your driving experience with the Q3 SB and whether there were any issues after tuning. Thanks for sharing!!

hi,

did mtm stage 1 with PA about a year ago, not on a q3 though. definitely more responsive in terms of how the car pulls. maybe 20% better? (butt feel)

FC wise, i dont see any difference. no difference to be honest. Main issue is u tend to drive a bit faster haha oops