Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

(edited)

leng kee

well, ive tahan nearly 3 years without giving up. same thing when i fought against the drunk driver case, i dont give up easily till every avenue is exhausted

(tan chong at bukit timah i believe is closing down btw)

I had lemon car experience too, W245 B170 in 2008-2009 owning less than 2 years aircon broken down 5 times and burning smell from engine bay. It really takes lots of mental challenges to deal with dealer to solve the problem even I sent email to Daimler AG. At the end I take their upsale offer to get C180 W204 and was the best car I ever owned until someone rear end it badly. Massive loss but I keep my sanity dealing with the issue. Now I am on XC60 old model last batch so far so good....

Edited by Knighthunter
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi Sp4wn. Read everything you typed. So sorry you had to go through all those troubles. I’m a Macan owner myself second batch 2014 and this year the new 2019 MY.

I’m appalled by how this was handled. The Stuttgart I know would have changed the whole mirror no questions asked. The customer service I had with them is a total 180 of yours. Hope they will resolve this matter and get to the bottom of this.

• Praise 3

hahaha , tell me about it . Its not Porsche , its the idiotic dealer and the staff working there . I really think that it starts right from the very top , which is K . I swear off this dealer and any car brands within their whole group no matter how good and cheap their cars are !!

Only way to deal with them is to go all in full legal and going all the way with them even if they tries to drag it for years . Speaking from my experience with them 4-5 years back .

Haha I just knew you were gonna comment on this and "KK" lol.

Bro sp4wn I commiserate with your bad experience with a supposedly good German product.

Hope all turns out well in the end.

Twincharged

Very obvious lemon

Dealer is smelly and I’m surprised they would try to play punk instead of trying to win your trust back in the brand

Very obvious lemon

Dealer is smelly and Iâm surprised they would try to play punk instead of trying to win your trust back in the brand

They THRUSTED him instead

There goes my plan to get a Macan

Was considering it too

But never from SA

My colleague who planned to get one now getting bmw hahhahah

Supercharged

After reading your unpleasant experiences with SA, it just proves my pick to go with the BMW X3 3.0 is right.

Porsche Macan 2.0L:

Power: 188 (252bhp)

Torque: 370Nm

BMW X3 3.0:

Power: 185 (248bhp)

Torque: 350Nm

* You can consider. Prior to this, i was considering Macan, X3, Q5 and XC60.

I find that they are irresponsible for giving you those excuses such as:

1) experiencing some "weather phenomenon" aka humidity

2) mistake was using an iPhone

For BMW, I have just done my first servicing of 12K with them, and the experience is good and professional. I understand there are a fair share of unpleasant experiences with BMW also, but i believe it happens to all the other brands.

I "double thumb up" on those good experiences with Tan Chong. My wife drives a Qashqai, and so far, Tan Chong takes pride in their work and replaces every thing that is highlighted.

FYI; brake pads are also covered by them during annual maintenance servicing which is included in their servicing coverage period.

Safe drive for you and your family.

Bro, Lemon can happen to anyone including Merc, BMW, Lexus, Audi etc
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

They THRUSTED him instead

There goes my plan to get a Macan

Was considering it too

But never from SA

My colleague who planned to get one now getting bmw hahhahah

My wife also said get Macan. I said look at Sp4wn [:p][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Bro I admire you. But I think you will give up long before the 7 years is up.

So free to go there and back meh? At least tan Chong at Bukit Timah is a better location than sungei kadut or Pandan.

Don't ever give up ....   :we-all-gonna-die:

For the next 7 years, give them the headache with every little problems. Go to their workshop and inconvenient them.  :yuush: 

At the same time, cc every incident whenever go to the workshop to Germany. Let the manufactorer headache also...   :serious-business:

Haha I just knew you were gonna comment on this and "KK" lol. ð

Kk clan pales in comparison
  • Praise 1

wah ... lucky cannot afford porker macan

only can afford pork makan...

ð¤£

You want to eat @porker ??!!!

Since when u turned??

• Praise 1

After much reading actually the AD workshop tick all the right boxes.

They replaced the mirrors with new ones. Check.

Tried to go beyond and used magic sauce. Check.

Feedback to HQ. check.

Only thing is that they aren’t mirror fixing people. If you ask them change oil change filter change car parts... no doubt they can do it but fix mirror that’s affected by weather....LoL no wonder they put the blame on weather.

I also cannot fix foggy mirrors to be honest. Just so happen to know what is available online. I dunno whether how much of the film will work. Just don’t complain to me if it doesn’t work. LoL...

Actually people are hard to please. So many thank less jobs out there. Give people a chance to help you ok? Don’t be so hard on them. Good luck.

After much reading actually the AD workshop tick all the right boxes.

They replaced the mirrors with new ones. Check.

Tried to go beyond and used magic sauce. Check.

Feedback to HQ. check.

Only thing is that they arenât mirror fixing people. If you ask them change oil change filter change car parts... no doubt they can do it but fix mirror thatâs affected by weather....LoL no wonder they put the blame on weather.

I also cannot fix foggy mirrors to be honest. Just so happen to know what is available online. I dunno whether how much of the film will work. Just donât complain to me if it doesnât work. LoL...

Actually people are hard to please. So many thank less jobs out there. Give people a chance to help you ok? Donât be so hard on them. Good luck.

Try to read what else happened to the car and then make comments and the attitude that they presented which imo is totally uncalled for

If you have not, then suggest you stfu as your opinions reek of an inability to see the big picture

@sp4wn is aldy the most patient bloke I know and If it were me I would have burnt the damn macan down

• Praise 5

If I buy

Buy PI better

Seems like the AD here is the issue

↡ Advertisement