Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

to be honest, i just needed a car to get through my dad. as it is, i wake up at 5am everyday, hit the gym, come home, shower / breakfast, take the baby out for a walk from 730-815, go straight to work after, come home by 630, play with baby till 8, and then finally spend time with wife.

weekends fully reserved for the grandparents (since my son is the only grandchild on both sides) ...

so finding the time, while working and running a business, has taken a toll on me. but as with everything i do, i refuse to throw in the towel and be beaten by someone, esp when its obvious what they are trying to pull.

it was the same when my gtr got hit by the drunk driver. i didnt give up, fought every avenue, and even when insurer told me due to self claim they have to increase my premium, i challenge them to do so in ST forum page. they immediately backed down and continued my rate as if nth happened.

i.refuse.to.give.up [laugh]

Haha i see your perseverance

I also had a lemon f10 before, in and out workshop, somemore out of warranty since i bought it when it was 3 yrs old.

Rather than repair cost, i am more worried about reliability and inconvenience especially car breakdown twice and goes into workshop every 2 months.

I rather have peace of mind and save my time from going workshops, leaving the car for 1-2 days, worst repair was a week plus, then i threw in the white towel and get something else, after all owning a car is about convenience.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Yours in HK leh. why scared.

Better to buy premium than entry level. Quality usually suffers.  I want to buy a SUV next, probably going to be BMW or MB which is about the same price anyway.

• Praise 2

for the sake of transparency since everyone is along with me for the ride

just got a message from SA:

we will arrange to bring you a panamera, we will take your macan in for repairs.

Does that mean no more baby walk but baby drive in the morning and play with the new temporary baby in the evening now? Kekeke

knn.

next time porsche will come with wipers for their side mirrors

then it will breakdown or malfunction and say it is completely normal. hahahhaa... 

• Praise 3

(edited)

we will arrange to bring you a panamera, we will take your macan in for repairs.

You have been a very reasonable person, this is probably a reasonable middle ground arrangement you could accept at this juncture, key is they have to fix the problem once and for all. Maybe you should tell them to keep your car for a reasonable period that they think would need to get your problem fixed instead of going back and forth. Meantime, hope you would enjoy my dream car Panamera. Do share your driving experience of this luxury sport sedan too , hope wont digress the intention of your thread too much. All the best. Edited by Ct3833

Good thing that they give you courtesy car out of “goodwill” everytime you send your car in lol

Turbocharged
(edited)

Does that mean no more baby walk but baby drive in the morning and play with the new temporary baby in the evening now? Kekeke

tbh, after having baby, my perspective has changed. cars are not important to me. being flashy also not important.

happiness of the wife and baby is paramount though!  [laugh]

You have been a very reasonable person, this is probably a reasonable middle ground arrangement you could accept at this juncture, key is they have to fix the problem once and for all. Maybe you should tell them to keep your car for a reasonable period that they think would need to get your problem fixed instead of going back and forth. Meantime, hope you would enjoy my dream car Panamera. Do share your driving experience of this luxury sport sedan too , hope wont digress the intention of your thread too much. All the best.

im genuinely willing to let them try, but they cant tell me shit like, ok we give you loaner out of goodwill.

if i have 2 car, sure, ok, not a big issue. but this is my only car. if they say they will foot my grab bill, sure, i can adjust and take grab everywhere.

but the problem is, their car got problem, becomes my problem no matter what. there's no middle ground unless i bang the table a bit harder.

theres a chance they will get word of this thread. esp stuttgart auto mentioned. same as the other case. was it cycle & carriage kia?

google stuttgart auto.

this thread already the 5th result when searching for those 2 words.

post-97420-0-57408200-1564025095_thumb.png

Post at porsche fb, sure will read lol

was considering to try, but seems can only post in porsche's own post in the comments. may get buried, and if i keep reposting, they may ban me from the page. 

Edited by Sp4wn
  • Praise 1

nah, maserati at the moment out of my budget. 

lucky markets are slow these days, and time is not an issue for me, i use this as further training for my will power.

when i graduated from uni, i told myself, no more alcohol. as of 23/7/2009, the day i came back from states, i stopped immediately. havent had a drop since

when my wife told me she's pregnant, i told myself i will go gym at 5am, and i've been doing 5x a week without fail for 2.5 years now

when i decided to become vegetarian, the next day i started, i never looked back or missed anything after that

Noted. Enjoy your daily sparring  [:)]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Wouldn't the lemon law and your documented serial problems allow you to ask for a replacement lemon?

I mean car.

• Praise 1

tbh, after having baby, my perspective has changed. cars are not important to me. being flashy also not important.

happiness of the wife and baby is paramount though! [laugh]

Well said...yes do cherish those precious moments which will fly pass very quickly...I'm currently learning to deal with the millenial, genZ nonsense both at work and at home. Occasional round island cruise and/or spirited drive helps...

Ok

Who the cbk here who leaked

Yours in HK leh. why scared.

Later macan kanna whacked by protesters. I recall that riots tend not to be covered by warranty or insurance. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Well said...yes do cherish those precious moments which will fly pass very quickly...I'm currently learning to deal with the millenial, genZ nonsense both at work and at home. Occasional round island cruise and/or spirited drive helps...

Drive with spirits ?

Come meet me bukit brown or lck graveyard 89

Hahhaha

• Praise 1

Ok

Who the cbk here who leaked

Google search engine lor. [laugh]

Better to buy premium than entry level. Quality usually suffers. I want to buy a SUV next, probably going to be BMW or MB which is about the same price anyway.

You once had a MB, come over to the dark side and get a BMW X3M or X5M lah. :D
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2