Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

Turbocharged

I think if you put your car on a flatbed and put up signs around it highlighting the issues and drive it around town it will become a publicity funfare  [laugh]

car-on-flatbed-tow-truck-seoul-south-kor

or just park it at the road side parking lots outside SA Leng Kee with the appropriate decal/signs/banners etc. Pay coupon parking only.

A big lemon decal may attract sufficient attention [laugh]

• Praise 1

First time heard of updating SW can eliminate smell, they must be bulls**ting. Otherwise that means soon we would be able to buy a electronic "smell" device that is capable to allow users to select durian smell, apple smell or even pussy smell at home

haha, according to them is to update the auto aircon temp programme to avoid water condensation in the coil unit.

I don't really care about what they said as long as they rectified the issue.

Hi Sp4wn,

Sorry to hear your story with Porky.

1) Just curious, are you a member of Porky Club? or P9 ? 

if you are, did you approach the President of the club to help you find someone higher in the food chain to help you?

if you not, do you have friends inside Porky club who can help u?

2) there are 2 service centers for Porky, if it was me, I will try the other service center, and insist another senior staff to handle my case.

3) can share some pics of your Porky Macan? least we can look out for it next time

hope you solve your issues,

good luck!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Hi Sp4wn,

Sorry to hear your story with Porky.

1) Just curious, are you a member of Porky Club? or P9 ? 

if you are, did you approach the President of the club to help you find someone higher in the food chain to help you?

if you not, do you have friends inside Porky club who can help u?

2) there are 2 service centers for Porky, if it was me, I will try the other service center, and insist another senior staff to handle my case.

3) can share some pics of your Porky Macan? least we can look out for it next time

hope you solve your issues,

good luck!

1. hi bro, yes I was a member for a year, unfortunately, couldnt attend most of the events as too focus on baby, so gave up attending. my time is no longer my own these days haha.

some of the porky club members know me, 1 or 2 have helped push higher (to Mr J and to Mr F). already gone that high, cant go much higher liao. I even tried to find Mr K, but he wouldn't take my emails (thats how pissed I was initially) the worst part is, these 2 people who helped me are hardcore porsche fanatics, thats why they helped me. they really really believe in the brand (well, one is questioning now, cos ive know him for a decade, he knows i wont pull some stunt unless its an actual problem)

2. so far going to leng kee since its the most convenient. its 5 min from my place. even when i insist on things, i guess cos i have the cheapest porsche, i dont necessarily get the "premium" service feel ... haha.

3. uh, would you believe, i have pictures of my old 320, my old e200, my old cls and my gtr ... but this car sucks so bad, ive never bothered to take a picture of it .. i have a folder of car pictures i've owned. for this car i have a folder to store all the images in folders such as "side view mirror issue", "acc issue" ...

(it does have a cute little "hershey on board" stick on the front and back ... hershey being my dog)

honk / wave if you see me!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Those are from PI. SA is a well reputed company and topic starter car is a rare case. If not, how can this company survive for decades and expand so big.

i have received a couple of PM's that say otherwise though.  [laugh]

not everyone may be feeling good to share publicly like me 

• Praise 1

Maybe i've been away too long, but congrats on the baby bro!

Shitty luck with the porch, reminds me of Nick Murray on youtube and his issues with not one but two brand new 911 lemons. Hope it gets sorted...eventually.

• Praise 1

My wife mini was having the similar issue just after 2 weeks or 3 weeks after collecting her car.

sent back to MH for 1/2 day update software but the smell came back in less than a month, sent it back again for a full day software

update and "cleaning", the moldy smell never return since than (already 1 yr).

Yup my wife had the same air con smell shortly after collecting her car too. Took a few return trips before the smell went off.

Didn't reoccur for the past 1.5 years since

• Praise 1

i have received a couple of PM's that say otherwise though. [laugh]

not everyone may be feeling good to share publicly like me

Forget to tell you to fully utilize its RSA service.

I rem must use flat bed.

I knew a 918 spyder with Weissach package (not in Sg) required towing 1 mth after delivery.

(edited)

Sounds like u are saying you would like to try the M

ð»ð»

Well, x3m is in singapore now. 400k exclude coe and ves. :D Edited by Mason016

(edited)

ya’ll can talk until cows come home

SA will say ... “sales” speak for itself ... [laugh]

post-7984-0-98790100-1564059264_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

Actually it's not good to let your engine overheat. Like in this case run until no coolant and warning light to tell you it's overheating. It's a big no.

For a car if the engine is exposed to excess heat things like seals gasket and parts will start to fail prematurely. Like the aircon in this case...it could be...you wont know.

And you can bet your money TS will be doing a lot more visit to the workshop because of it. Claiming warranty for things that will fail prematurely. Windows and mirrors maybe not. I mean things in the engine bay.

That's why I always tell ppl to check their coolant level and engine oil level. Never let the levels fall beyond minimum.

You will encounter problem after problem. Ppl will start to blame the car, blame this blame that. All kinds of story. If you see a puddle underneath your car all it takes is to take a look at the coolant and oil levels. Petrol kiosks sell coolant or distill water (for battery, can be use to top up as coolant) and engine oil. No need to buy a lot, Just make sure it's not below minimum. Quickly send in to workshop if leaking obviously or level falling to minimum. It's not normal.

So dont let your engine overheat. Save yourself the hassle. Good night.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2