Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

Turbocharged
(edited)

I’ll tell you that I’m lucky after I win the grand prize for Toto.

My point is even though I empathize with TS predicament, I wouldn’t necessarily trust what people say online these days. Most of the times their claims are over exaggerated.

There are always two sides of the story. No one really knows the exact exchange going on between TS and TEK and what we are hearing is only TS side of the story. And I don’t think TEK or any dealership is going to come to this forum and rebut allegations against them.

I’m just saying we should be objective passing our judgement on TS or TEK.

No need to slam me. Just trying to be neutral here.

well I'll say this in my defense;

i waited 2.5 years to discuss

i have b&w from their own staff

and more importantly, many, many forumers here know me personally. as in they've met me IRL (ie during MCF events, or the rice donation drive, meet ups etc - i was active till the baby came around)

im not hiding behind some internet nick slamming a company. the fact that my previous posts also show im willing to share my experiences (ie even with the drunk driver, where i was the loser in the case, my hope was that other people could learn and benefit from the pain [physical and monetary wise] that i went through)

so yea, if the b&w evidence is still not enough for you - then basically nothing would convince you since you've made up your mind without really going through all the facts  [laugh]

just because everyone buys from NTUC, doesnt mean there isnt the occasionally buyer who finds a cockup. im pretty sure that applies to big companies (hell look at huawei's blunder over the last 2 days for a prime example of how not to handle customer service).

edit: i'd love to see this seriously. what do you expect them to say? either way with the whatsapp, if they say their staff made a blunder, it shows the competency level of people at SA, and if they keep mum, they are acknowledging what their staff said is the truth. either way, they have an issue. i have no issue with them responding, because i already know their response ... its a weather / humidity issue (and obviously, we have neither of those 2 issues in singapore to think about, when selling a car)

Thing is these naysayers cannot see beyond their nose tip to see the bigger issue here

Porsche is a gd car ... period!

Service And attitude of the company doing the servicing of the lemon car sucks

i'll agree because both my dad and sis (which i have mentioned in an earlier post) are completely satisfied with their macans. if i really wanted to slam SA, i would refrain from mentioning this part. but the fact is, they really, really like their cars. which is why i said im damn unlucky!

Bro

I thought my VW issue is louder,  :grin: , Macan is not much difference, Now my pain is sored nia

same umbrella nia .. haha

Edited by Sp4wn
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

and more importantly, many, many forumers here know me personally. as in they've met me IRL (ie during MCF events, or the rice donation drive, meet ups etc - i was active till the baby came around)

im not hiding behind some internet nick slamming a company. the fact that my previous posts also show im willing to share my experiences (ie even with the drunk driver, where i was the loser in the case, my hope was that other people could learn and benefit from the pain [physical and monetary wise] that i went through)

so yea, if the b&w evidence is still not enough for you - then basically nothing would convince you since you've made up your mind without really going through all the facts [laugh]

just because everyone buys from NTUC, doesnt mean there isnt the occasionally buyer who finds a cockup. im pretty sure that applies to big companies (hell look at huawei's blunder over the last 2 days for a prime example of how not to handle customer service).

i'll agree because both my dad and sis (which i have mentioned in an earlier post) are completely satisfied with their macans. if i really wanted to slam SA, i would refrain from mentioning this part. but the fact is, they really, really like their cars. which is why i said im damn unlucky!

I do not doubt your words or credibility. But there will always be trolls or people with geniune opinions who are not trolls.

Turbocharged

I do not doubt your words or credibility. But there will always be trolls or people with geniune opinions who are not trolls.

well, if i told you this week that huawei f**ked up royally and didnt think things through for their promo, and the other person's argument is ... well, i bought a huawei before, and im not affected, so i think huawei is a great company no matter what ...

(thats basically the other posters reasoning, even with all the evidence laid out in front of him... im not sure how many people would be able to get b&w confirmations from the dealership saying what they said, and people still think im so free to make a mountain out of a molehill?)

credibility goes a long way, if my account was a week old and nobody here ever met me in real life, i think most people would be on the defensive about my opinion. (and some of the forummers have known me for years now IRL)

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

well, if i told you this week that huawei f**ked up royally and didnt think things through for their promo, and the other person's argument is ... well, i bought a huawei before, and im not affected, so i think huawei is a great company no matter what ...

(thats basically the other posters reasoning, even with all the evidence laid out in front of him... im not sure how many people would be able to get b&w confirmations from the dealership saying what they said, and people still think im so free to make a mountain out of a molehill?)

credibility goes a long way, if my account was a week old and nobody here ever met me in real life, i think most people would be on the defensive about my opinion. (and some of the forummers have known me for years now IRL)

Just like if I say @Radx is a nice person, many will come in and shoot me down because he is such a cb to them.

I think this analogy more people will understand [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
(edited)

RogerNg_185295, on 28 Jul 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Very well said. Just because one owner post that he bought a lemon car and the company was being condemned like hell.

Wa leow u turn v fast..

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Very well said. Just because one owner post that he bought a lemon car and the company was being condemned like hell.

Wa leow u turn v fast..

split-personality-e1515706311752.png

• Praise 2

So, there will not be any conclusion as long as you own the car?

Yes, this is reality of life, isn't it? 1 wrong step, your past good work goes into the toilet bowl. I would prefer the dealer to go that extra mile to help him EVEN if it is TS' misuse of car. It would put it on good stance as good words get around fast. I am glad TS starter shared his story. True or not, we judge it ourselves.

I know many disliked PML. I bought my first bmw, a 2nd hand, from PPSL many years ago. I broke 2 aircon vents within the 1 year extended warranty. They replaced it FOC without questions asked. I was mentally prepared to pay. I have since bought new cars from PML. Since then, there were other instances I had with PML that they more than fair to me as both parties were more of give and take.

• Praise 3

1 thing I still don't understand is why the side mirrors in the Macan can fog up in heavy rain.

Even manual mirrors in classic cars also don't fog up in heavy rain. The windows maybe but not the side mirrors. 

• Praise 3

so yea, if the b&w evidence is still not enough for you - then basically nothing would convince you since you've made up your mind without really going through all the facts [laugh]

edit: i'd love to see this seriously. what do you expect them to say? either way with the whatsapp, if they say their staff made a blunder, it shows the competency level of people at SA, and if they keep mum, they are acknowledging what their staff said is the truth. either way, they have an issue. i have no issue with them responding, because i already know their response ... its a weather / humidity issue (and obviously, we have neither of those 2 issues in singapore to think about, when selling a car)

For what it's worth, I'll vouch for you bro. I know how patient and reasonable you are. And apropos of this dissatisfaction with your Macan, I remember the phone call a few months back when you shared a bit of the story when my medical colleague was looking into getting a Macan. So this is definitely not something you posted in haste or on a whim.
  • Praise 6

(edited)

All my side mirrors are never fog up in my decades of driving.  

Is it because I always blast my air con at the lowest temperature? 

Edited by Hamburger

1 thing I still don't understand is why the side mirrors in the Macan can fog up in heavy rain.

Even manual mirrors in classic cars also don't fog up in heavy rain. The windows maybe but not the side mirrors. 

possible part defect and once replaced, it was fine. problem for TS was how much suffering he had to go through just to get 2 mirrors changed. and then all hell broke loose. 

2 issues here. the AD and the car. it's inevitable even new cars get problems although rare. 

best for him is to sell this lemon at great loss and burden to the next owner. 

Just like if I say @Radx is a nice person, many will come in and shoot me down because he is such a cb to them.

I think this analogy more people will understand [laugh] [laugh]

nbz....liddat oso i kanna implicated

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

And that’s the reason why I left PML aso to get fr PI

If I can find an outside fella who can service porky, I’ll go PI

As is I know a few aldy

err... u a little late to experience mid life crisis....

[:p]

err... u a little late to experience mid life crisis....

[:p]

this is the 2nd midlife la

eh midlife starts later now hor...the new 40 is now 50  :grin:

Bro

I thought my VW issue is louder, :grin: , Macan is not much difference, Now my pain is sored nia

VW own Porsche thus same same ?

Supercharged

VW own Porsche thus same same ?

Wah Ed , you reappeared !! Long time no see and go NSHW cheong liao .. 

(edited)

Wa leow u turn v fast..

Sure Crispy one....

I like..

post-52390-0-47404900-1564374877.gif

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 5