Turbocharged

Summing up issues and my succinct responses:

Wing mirror misting: "What the fog?!"

Loaner Cayenne leaks within: "Your car soaks!!"

Window can't go all the way up: "Take it right to the top!!"

Coolant leaked out completely: "Bet you're at boiling point now!"

...etc. :D

ok i have to admit, those are pretty good

Faster fix the pork and sell it. Den go buy bmw.

haiz, i have a feeling they will simply waste time and keep insisting to repair. later next owner say i sold them lemon more problems

BMW don't have signal stalk

nevermind, with enough practise in the rain, and winding down the windows to safely wipe the side view mirrors, i can use my arms as signal stalk and save $10k

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Any thought on the drive between macan and panamera?

wife : this car is quite comfo...

me: dont even finish your sentence ... [laugh]

currently not practical for my use, had to make double trip the other day, cos coulnt ferry wife / baby / MIL & FIL at one go.

(but jokes aside, their current pana loaner is quite well maintained)

Sell to dealer

easy for them to pawn off i suppose, but still, difficult at this current point to change car

and oh yes, current work done:

power window motor replaced (i assume thats basically the whole winding up/down mechanism)

ac distributor housing has been changed (i assume thats where they found the mould) 

car is ready tmr afternoon finally ...

• Praise 2

wife : this car is quite comfo...

me: dont even finish your sentence ... [laugh]

currently not practical for my use, had to make double trip the other day, cos coulnt ferry wife / baby / MIL & FIL at one go.

(but jokes aside, their current pana loaner is quite well maintained)

easy for them to pawn off i suppose, but still, difficult at this current point to change car

and oh yes, current work done:

power window motor replaced (i assume thats basically the whole winding up/down mechanism)

ac distributor housing has been changed (i assume thats where they found the mould)

car is ready tmr afternoon finally ...

Oh, so pana is like cls, a four seater.

Handicap seat number aside...what about the drive itself? Granted both are of different segment...

Turbocharged

Oh, so pana is like cls, a four seater.

Handicap seat number aside...what about the drive itself? Granted both are of different segment...

unbiased review (forgetting that i ever owned a macan from SA for a few minutes)

-ride is smooth, they gave me a v6 diesel

-acceleration is pretty good after 2nd gear, given the torque-iness of a diesel i assume. if you floor it at first gear, there's a slight but noticeable jerk.

-seats were comfortable, sitting position, steering etc very good. responsive.

-mileage also v good (because its a diesel)

-car came with retractable spoiler, which was pretty nice (but im sure is an expensive option)

-car even had additional a/c vents behind on the A pillar for the rear passenger, and im sure baby appreciated

-handling is far superior to the macan, i assume because the CG is also much lower

-the bt was rubbish, dont even have audio streaming, phone wise not very good as the screen was resistive and not capacitive. need to press hard on the screen, but i guess this car must be at least 6-7 years old, so expected.

-paddle shifters were rubbish, as they were the +/- on both sides, and the shifting is a very loud click. (not the traditional kind of shifter). hated it for sure.

if i didnt have a kid, might be a good choice(or if the kids were a lot older). 

3.5* out of 5.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

collected the car today and the scope of work done as per the job sheet;

1. troubleshooting of rear power windows (maybe they are worried its a matter of time for the rear windows?)

2. front motor for window replaced

3. a/c heating/fresh air unit removed & reinstalled

4. changing of aircon distributor unit

and replacement of battery since its almost kaput (surprising, since its 2.5 years old but its at their cost anyway, or could be a precautionary measure)

so far driving home, seems all ok. dont see any issues. ill have to say a few prayers and hope for the best lol.

• Praise 6

collected the car today and the scope of work done as per the job sheet;

1. troubleshooting of rear power windows (maybe they are worried its a matter of time for the rear windows?)

2. front motor for window replaced

3. a/c heating/fresh air unit removed & reinstalled

4. changing of aircon distributor unit

and replacement of battery since its almost kaput (surprising, since its 2.5 years old but its at their cost anyway, or could be a precautionary measure)

so far driving home, seems all ok. dont see any issues. ill have to say a few prayers and hope for the best lol.

For battery, if in engine bay, maybe heat kills it.

Sorry to hear of your misadventures and frankly shocked at the after service standards of the company.

Also a porsche owner (diff model) but havent experienced such issues, touch wood.

Clearly you got a lemon but the company refused to admit it and take it on their books to make good to you.

Kudos for your patience, I would have lost my top a lot earlier!

Hope all is well now.

• Praise 4