Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

Battery is insai the boot

If it is inside boot like my previous A6, 2.5 years change battery is short changed lor. Audi said the battery should last 3 to 4 years. Mine 4 years and still going strong. I changed it at 4th year as a precaution.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

How many years warranty for the car?

After the repairs, got give warranty extension on the parts replaced?

original was 5 years and extended by 2 for a total of 7 now.

parts i think i read for major part replacement they do give warranty, i think a year iirc from the paperwork

• Praise 1

If it is inside boot like my previous A6, 2.5 years change battery is short changed lor. Audi said the battery should last 3 to 4 years. Mine 4 years and still going strong. I changed it at 4th year as a precaution.

Think they changed out of precaution. Sometimes failing battery can be related to issues also.

Typically battery in boot can last very long. My B8 A4 battery was never changed. Sold it at the fifth year.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

TS,

Just finished reading from page 1-24.

Salute u for your patience, conviction and perseverance.

Read some of the other comments, telling you to do this and that.

Kinda agree that it’s “relatively” simple problems that’s magnified by the lackadaisical attitude and competency (in this case the lack of) of the workshop.

I would thought nowadays, after going to the first diagnostic analysis, if still can’t resolved, is to replace.

To think that a Premium marque’s warranty is so stingy.

• Praise 4

TS,

Just finished reading from page 1-24.

Salute u for your patience, conviction and perseverance.

Read some of the other comments, telling you to do this and that.

Kinda agree that itâs ârelativelyâ simple problems thatâs magnified by the lackadaisical attitude and competency (in this case the lack of) of the workshop.

I would thought nowadays, after going to the first diagnostic analysis, if still canât resolved, is to replace.

To think that a Premium marqueâs warranty is so stingy.

I also salute you for reading all.

But where got 24 pages ah? I only see 10...hehe.

• Praise 2

I didn't read through all 24 pages... did anybody ever mentioned your side window glass actually looks bad and I think that needs to be fixed first... by a detaling shop... using a claybar and something like rainX might actually improve the mirror situation.

As for the other issues, no comments man.... really quite sway.

If change for free why not. Last time f10 battery can last almost 5 years!

Turbocharged

I didn't read through all 24 pages... did anybody ever mentioned your side window glass actually looks bad and I think that needs to be fixed first... by a detaling shop... using a claybar and something like rainX might actually improve the mirror situation.

the funny part is more than 120 pictures + videos sent to them, still insist its the phone lah, depth of vision lah, everything except the car which is faultless haha...

ok lah, hopefully after this round, no more problems. damn leceh to keep taking out baby seat and moving it around also. 

else need @radx to perform exorcism on the car liao

the funny part is more than 120 pictures + videos sent to them, still insist its the phone lah, depth of vision lah, everything except the car which is faultless haha...

ok lah, hopefully after this round, no more problems. damn leceh to keep taking out baby seat and moving it around also.

else need @radx to perform exorcism on the car liao

Next month

This month busy w the bulk.of them.here

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

thats my biggest worry. 

ya well, they've decided they rather have me as a customer for 7 years

still weighing all the options!

The universe is hinting at you to get the GT3 brudder  :ph34r:

Am surprise Mecan has so many issues.... air con and radiator can spoil in such a short time.

Sell it away lah, get the new X5 with the money lol

The window of such high end car should be made of higher density glass to have a higher water repelling property, the glass looks like one of a low cost car. No insult to TS but I really think porsche ought to make better quality glass.

Sell to dealer

TS will suffer huge loss if he will to sell it to a dealer.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The universe is hinting at you to get the GT3 brudder  :ph34r:

i think after the last vomit inducing ride ... my wife is enjoying a slower pace of life .. and with the baby, well, gotta train him to love cars and the sudden acceleration ... then we can talk about changing cars haha ...

but seriously .. over my dead body will i ever buy another porsche or any car from trans euro kars ... and judging by the PMs i got, I'm not the only one!!

The window of such high end car should be made of higher density glass to have a higher water repelling property, the glass looks like one of a low cost car. No insult to TS but I really think porsche ought to make better quality glass.

TS will suffer huge loss if he will to sell it to a dealer.

according to porsche their can exhibits absolutely zero faults le ... and their solution is just wind down the window and wipe lah .. this forum have table wiper ... now also have side view mirror wiper it seems  [laugh]

Edited by Sp4wn
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
On 10/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, Hummer said:

TS, how is your car after 2mths? Any feedback? Hope you didn't have to go back to SA again to fix issues.

so far all ok .. thank god. the car is probably worried ill unlease @RadX on it ... so its on well-behaved mode.

Neutral Newbie

I have my new macan in july and after a few days I found out that my headlight is fogging. I called the salesman and he told me it's normal and it will go away after you switch on the headlights. 

↡ Advertisement