Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, worried said:

I have my new macan in july and after a few days I found out that my headlight is fogging. I called the salesman and he told me it's normal and it will go away after you switch on the headlights. 

headlight fogging could be a sign of water ingress. but unless you post a picture, cant really say for sure... 
where did you buy your macan from?

↡ Advertisement

little bit of condensation especially driving in the rain is normal

after turn on headlight ... the heat will clear the condensation

it happen to ALL car, isn’t it?

• Praise 1

by the way, i have been driving in msia for the past couple of days during the rain

my both side mirror got “fogging issue” too but not extremely serious that i need to wind dow window and wipe [laugh]

but the side mirror is somewhat blur and i have no confidence to overtake whatsoever [mad]

after the heavy rain subside ... the side mirror is clearer ...

Edited by Wt_know

8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

by the way, i have been driving in msia for the past couple of days during the rain

my both side mirror got “fogging issue” too but not extremely serious that i need to wind dow window and wipe [laugh]

but the side mirror is somewhat blur and i have no confidence to overtake whatsoever [mad]

Looks like Porsche are real foggers. 😂

@Jamesc buy your MIL one with your derisory Singtel 50k as DP and then we can call Porsche a mother fogger. 🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

shouldnt happen with any car at all ... never had this issue with bmw, merc, nissan, lexus. 

porsche is the first one to ever tell me go buy rainX or something and apply lol. 

still cant forget their email .. just pull over and wipe when safe! 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Sp4wn said:

shouldnt happen with any car at all ... never had this issue with bmw, merc, nissan, lexus. 

porsche is the first one to ever tell me go buy rainX or something and apply lol. 

still cant forget their email .. just pull over and wipe when safe! 😂

Asked u to buy rainx or radx 

I think u heard wrongly

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Wyfitms said:

Asked u to buy rainx or radx 

I think u heard wrongly

think if buy @RadX itll scare the car straight. wont even need to service the car or change tires. it'll .. just work 

• Haha! 6

On 10/29/2019 at 4:33 PM, worried said:

I have my new macan in july and after a few days I found out that my headlight is fogging. I called the salesman and he told me it's normal and it will go away after you switch on the headlights. 

It is just a QC issue and the salesman is bluffing you.  Even a much cheaper new Vios won't have this issue.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
8 minutes ago, awhtc said:

It is just a QC issue and the salesman is bluffing you.  Even a much cheaper new Vios won't have this issue.

I agree, condensation in the headlights is usually a sign that the rubber casket around the headlights has either wore off or not fixed properly.

20 minutes ago, Bozo88 said:

I agree, condensation in the headlights is usually a sign that the rubber casket around the headlights has either wore off or not fixed properly.

Yeah for casket definiely not rainx , need @RadX hahahahaa

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 11

On 10/29/2019 at 4:33 PM, worried said:

Yah my new skoda, same same vag also got headlight fogging after heavy rain. 

It goes away after a week or two. Fret no worry, the rubber gasket has not adjusted to our temp hehehehe

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, Sp4wn said:

but seriously .. over my dead body will i ever buy another porsche or any car from trans euro kars ... and judging by the PMs i got, I'm not the only one!!

So have you gotten rid of your problematic Macan or have all faults been rectified by Stuggart?

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Vinceng said:

So have you gotten rid of your problematic Macan or have all faults been rectified by Stuggart?

so far so good, touch wood. 

• Praise 1

Thank goodness for this thread.

I was going to get a Porsche for my MIL.

Now I read this I will get her a Perodua instead.

:D

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Miao-ing said:

I hope you didn't got my cayenne. The leak looks like mine.

that wouldnt make sense ... they cant be loaning out another owners car to another owner ... unless you sold them your old car or something lo

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1