Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

2 minutes ago, Freeder said:

From Tesla to Posh to u name it...

My wife will be so happy. She was planning for a new 911. Needless to say, I stopped it. 

We will find out more from Vin Car when this Macan is settled. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Miao-ing said:

My wife will be so happy. She was planning for a new 911. Needless to say, I stopped it. 

We will find out more from Vin Car when this Macan is settled. Thanks!

Bro, sounds like you are a person of means.

Why don't you just repair outside (probably a few k), then quickly dump the car and move on to other better makes.

No point waste your valuable time on these idiots.

(edited)

I think the owner underestimated Porsche repair cost, the car is built with precision, so any contact with other vehicle may cause a lot of damage that is very costly, not like the bread and butter car. So if this involve accident, then it should not start with manufacturing defect, this 2 are very distinct and should not be swayed here and there. Dont believe me, try to bang the rear bumper of porsche 911, it may cost you to replace bumper, radiator, intercooler, etc where for corolla the most you just replace bumper.

Edited by kr_mcf
  • Praise 1

36 minutes ago, kr_mcf said:

I think the owner underestimated Porsche repair cost, the car is built with precision, so any contact with other vehicle may cause a lot of damage that is very costly, not like the bread and butter car. So if this involve accident, then it should not start with manufacturing defect, this 2 are very distinct and should not be swayed here and there. Dont believe me, try to bang the rear bumper of porsche 911, it may cost you to replace bumper, radiator, intercooler, etc where for corolla the most you just replace bumper.

It's Macan, basically Q5 underneath. The arms are probably the same part numbers too. But ADs have sharp knives for the carrots. 

Only Miao-ing knows if it was an accident or not. But that arm sure is of poor quality to brake into 2.

37 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

It's Macan, basically Q5 underneath. The arms are probably the same part numbers too. But ADs have sharp knives for the carrots. 

Only Miao-ing knows if it was an accident or not. But that arm sure is of poor quality to brake into 2.

Q5 is front biased AWD.

Macan is rear biased AWD.

Suspension will be different.

• Praise 2

Unpopular opinion. Need to know whole situation like @Weez911 mentioned.

If it is an accident that caused the control arm to break of course AD will not cover the repair costs. If so, sounds like the owner is perplexed why a slight "gentle" bump will cause the whole arm to break. (thus, the newton third law answer) 

Situation does not look good for Ts as there is no video evidence and owner mentioned "I'm not sure for my case is it accident cause the defect to surface or the defect cause the accident to happen."

• Praise 3

Supercharged
57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Q5 is front biased AWD.

Macan is rear biased AWD.

Suspension will be different.

Macan is common platform as Q5.

Q5 is also longitudinal engine mount, but the transmission will then route back to drive front wheels.

Cayenne share with Q8 and Toureq

Just now, t0y0ta said:

Macan is common platform as Q5.

Q5 is also longitudinal engine mount, but the transmission will then route back to drive front wheels.

Cayenne share with Q8 and Toureq

I know. 

Macan is rear-biased AWD.  The rear control arm has to be stronger than Q5.

Turbocharged
On 2/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, t0y0ta said:

After all these troubles... what would be your next brand when you change?

down the road? e63 or m5 when the kids are a bit older. i was looking at m3 sedans (used) but didnt find a good one i liked so i gave up and since the macan wasnt exhibiting too many major issues, just carry on driving first...

if EVs really take off then probably a tesla since charging for me is not an issue currently.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

in fairness to @Miao-ing , SA was very good at pointing the fingers at everyone else (including at me) and only when i got the writing in b&w that they could not solve the problem did they take responsibility. im not saying all the staff there are like that, but the fact that i had to do things in a roundabout way to get a simple fix and go thru several emails telling me i was wrong, (or maybe im cock eye, who knows?) even when provided with proof, SA will insist on their way. its only when confronted with their staffs admittance that they back down.

so how can anyone be assured that when SA says hey, this is an accident and not a defect, that what they are saying is true? 2 people from SA told me im the defect. but all it took was 1 person from SA to say the truth.

as a couple of bros pointed out, even a simple bump should not break this control arm so easily, esp since the wheels are your vehicles main point of contact to the road (hopefully SA appreciates me applying scientific knowledge here haha) otherwise most cars would look like miao-ing's one. shit man my gtr took an impact of 80-100km/h front impact and the engine was fine and guess what ... so were the control arms 😂😂

ive told miao-ing perhaps he needs to share more (blanking out key parts of the emails) so that its clear where he and SA diverges in their opinion. but to me, i find they cant do anything right ... i keep having to go back in multiple times for the same repairs and now both my windows are kaput again, barely 2 years later. i can understand one off repairs, but for the exact same thing only leads me to wonder if they applied a half past 6 repair during the first time (this is my $0.02 opinion). i actually kept the broken clips in my drawer cos they simply threw the broken  parts around. case in point; pics of the clips they threw on the floor, still in my work drawer till date (idk what these parts are for exactly, but just keeping them just cos these guys didnt even bother to clean up after themselves and yes the part matches my car date since i bought it oct 2016);

Photo 1-3-21, 12 28 07 PM.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, kr_mcf said:

Cos the 911 is rear engined. 

Have a head on collision with a Corolla and you'd need to replace the same parts as rear ending the 911.

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Sp4wn said:

in fairness to @Miao-ing , SA was very good at pointing the fingers at everyone else (including at me) and only when i got the writing in b&w that they could not solve the problem did they take responsibility. im not saying all the staff there are like that, but the fact that i had to do things in a roundabout way to get a simple fix and go thru several emails telling me i was wrong, (or maybe im cock eye, who knows?) even when provided with proof, SA will insist on their way. its only when confronted with their staffs admittance that they back down.

so how can anyone be assured that when SA says hey, this is an accident and not a defect, that what they are saying is true? 2 people from SA told me im the defect. but all it took was 1 person from SA to say the truth.

as a couple of bros pointed out, even a simple bump should not break this control arm so easily, esp since the wheels are your vehicles main point of contact to the road (hopefully SA appreciates me applying scientific knowledge here haha) otherwise most cars would look like miao-ing's one. shit man my gtr took an impact of 80-100km/h front impact and the engine was fine and guess what ... so were the control arms 😂😂

ive told miao-ing perhaps he needs to share more (blanking out key parts of the emails) so that its clear where he and SA diverges in their opinion. but to me, i find they cant do anything right ... i keep having to go back in multiple times for the same repairs and now both my windows are kaput again, barely 2 years later. i can understand one off repairs, but for the exact same thing only leads me to wonder if they applied a half past 6 repair during the first time (this is my $0.02 opinion). i actually kept the broken clips in my drawer cos they simply threw the broken  parts around. case in point; pics of the clips they threw on the floor, still in my work drawer till date (idk what these parts are for exactly, but just keeping them just cos these guys didnt even bother to clean up after themselves and yes the part matches my car date since i bought it oct 2016);

Photo 1-3-21, 12 28 07 PM.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

Never knew Stuttgart Auto is so political internally.

Anyway, their experienced mechanics have all left - Ah Wai was one such gem.

• Shocked 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:47 AM, Miao-ing said:

Yes, under my cost. 

When I first reported the case to them, they told me to sign the OD. Its a procedure. When I queried again the next day on signing the OD, I was advised that this is the 1st step. Nothing will proceed if I don't sign. We can discuss later on the matters and even on claiming from Porsche. Anyway nothing happens for a few weeks despite my cooperation. 

Like being con 😓

What is the assessment from your insurance surveyor? If they also see it as an accident, the insurance will approved the repair. 
If not, the insurance will not approved the repair even if you are claiming OD. 

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Never knew Stuttgart Auto is so political internally.

Anyway, their experienced mechanics have all left - Ah Wai was one such gem.

think applies to all these high end brand .. but then again many sectors also got politics lah ... why they just cant have a motto like  a satisfied customer is a customer for life is beyond me though ... most of SA customers are well heeled and can go anywhere ... so treat them well and they will do the same in return. but guess sometimes too much to ask lah

Supercharged
3 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

think applies to all these high end brand .. but then again many sectors also got politics lah ... why they just cant have a motto like  a satisfied customer is a customer for life is beyond me though ... most of SA customers are well heeled and can go anywhere ... so treat them well and they will do the same in return. but guess sometimes too much to ask lah

Sounds like dysfunctional mgmt. If staff not respected and treasured and given incentive to behave in the right way, it will reflect in customer service.

But well.... Market did not punish bad behavior. Their sales are still over the top... All line up to buy.

Turbocharged
23 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Sounds like dysfunctional mgmt. If staff not respected and treasured and given incentive to behave in the right way, it will reflect in customer service.

But well.... Market did not punish bad behavior. Their sales are still over the top... All line up to buy.

yup. my guess is, most cars come without problems and those with problems, they cant solve all the time. then become taichi game cos cant solve. 

if every car got some major issue, think the workshop die liao. but like i said, my sis and dad both drive macan, negligible issues for them. (although one time, they left an extra screw in the body of the car during servicing, and it was driving my sister nuts when she steer.. and they didnt believe. had to bring in the car, do a few corners, let the technician drive for a while then finally can hear the screw moving around ... then it took a day to dismantle and find the bloody screw!)

• Shocked 2

So if my brakes fail and I cannot stop in time and run down my MIL

It suddenly becomes an accident?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1