Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

On 3/17/2021 at 9:01 AM, Volvobrick said:

The AD might have sub out the job to the lowest bidder.  Long time back I had a repair at an AD for wowo. Ended up I found out they had used a used door while charging for a new one. Rust spots surfaced after 1 year.

Now I just go to my regular paint shop. They pick up my car and send it back. Good service, and good results. 

I was told by a friend within warranty can't send out for respray if there is a knock or scratch.  Warranty void if done so. Not sure on the exact detail, But this was what happen to his aunt's 1 year old cayman.  Maybe someone here can enlighten on this. This was not so 10 years ago on my cayenne. 

Edited by Miao-ing
↡ Advertisement

30 minutes ago, Miao-ing said:

I was told by a friend within warranty can't send out for respray if there is a knock or scratch.  Warranty void if done so. Not sure on the exact detail, But this was what happen to his aunt's 1 year old cayman.  Maybe someone here can enlighten on this. This was not so 10 years ago on my cayenne. 

Wah maybe cannot wash and polish outside too! Previously can't do servicing outside, but law changed since. 

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Miao-ing said:

edit - Its the rear side of the bumper. 

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Wah maybe cannot wash and polish outside too! Previously can't do servicing outside, but law changed since. 

Law never changed.

CCS looks into this anti-competitive behaviour only.

Does CCS have any tooth when one has a warranty issue?

This is especially when driving an expensive car.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Miao-ing said:

SA / Porsche has a warranty clause on Paint and it is quite obvious that they do not want anyone else to touch up. This one has some logic for sure. 

Edited by Steptronic
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

SA / Porsche has a warranty clause on Paint and it is quite obvious that they do not want anyone else to touch up. This one has some logic for sure. 

Kinda ironic eh? If overspray is an acceptable standard, I would think the quality of the warrantied work also leaves much to be desired. 😁

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Kinda ironic eh? If overspray is an acceptable standard, I would think the quality of the warrantied work also leaves much to be desired. 😁

Actually public is too worried on everything about warranty. I would not even bothered to ask if warranty gets affected if we touch up outside.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Actually public is too worried on everything about warranty. I would not even bothered to ask if warranty gets affected if we touch up outside.

I doubt they would even notice touch ups if they are blind to overspray 

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Steptronic said:

This is strange. The service advisors told me to have paint work done else where cause its very expensive and limited resources then, like 10 years ago. And its not just once. But the dent and scratches wasn't due to accident but souvenir left by the car next to me 😅 . 

So there is a clause that has always been there. Learned something new. Must be careful with this.

Edited by Miao-ing

Turbocharged
(edited)

ive had no bad experiences with the Porsche dealer in sg. I like the coffee lounge upstairs lol

This car corners like no other SUV n my passengers are always shocked when they don't feel any roll despite it being an SUV. IMO this Porsche has better built quality than my previous BMW M...

Edited by Duckduck

On 3/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, Steptronic said:

If they don't want you going outside, they should do the job for free in-house to the same or a higher standard. That's the only "logic" I would accept. 

But we both know the only true logic operating here is that SA are money-grubbing profiteers. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

time to update the dreaded thread with this (well technically last years experience)

in early oct, my PCM starts to go on the fritz. while I was driving, the PCM simply failed (as in .. blacked out all the way while driving and no amount of button presses would revive it)

When i finally parked .. still couldnt get it to work, but was rushing for meeting so said f**k it, come back and deal with it. 

wouldnt you know it, when i came back, it was all good, but with my luck with this car ...i figured nothing good lasts forever and i should be prepared to video it the next time it happens ...

which after 2 weeks, it suddenly started happening. manage to get it on video twice, sent to SA by 25th oct). both times shows the PCM start while engine off, and then go blank (normal behaviour, even when you shut down the car, it takes 10 sec to tell you "a BT device was connected to this car, dont forget to take with you). that never shows up and the PCM just stops working completely.

SA tells me .. send in the car. anyway, they said they couldnt replicate but based on the videos i sent, def theres some issue there. cos i show them the dashboard that the car is on ... but the pcm isnt ... (ive become damn careful with logging all these issues what can i say)

incident happens a few more times and whenever its safe, i will take a video and just "remind them" that its pending to be fixed. sent it at least 7-8 times, but of course, it occurred a few more times than that, just wasnt able to get to my phone to record it while driving.

long story short, since the car went in for check in early nov ... the part is still being ordered ... in the meantime, just have to live with the pcm failing randomly ... i guess its a good thing the warranty was extended by 2 years since the pcm literally failed a few days after my 5 year warranty was up ...😂

just have to laugh it off sometimes ... 3 mths and still no sign of a repair (they said due to chip shortage, but i see no shortages of macans all over SG)... so have to ask ones self ... even if you get the extended warranty ... what good really is it when after 3 months of waiting for a confirmed repair to be done ... its still the same old wayang ...

10/10 would never buy any car or additional warranty from SA ... (thankfully i didnt buy it ... they gave it to me as "goodwill compensation" after the whole mess of their workshop manager telling me they actually couldnt fix my side view mirror issue in the first place)

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 5
  • Haha! 3

sad you had to suffer like this, but exactly my point on warranty and extended warranty. So what. the merchant can always give you the run around. see who buay tahan and give up 1st. SMLJ excuses can come.

1. miscommunication , forgot to order the part.

2. part ordered, factory no stock

3. sub supplier of the part, got their factory burnt down.

4. back log in shipping...

5.. etc etc.

but offer to buy/pay for it.... KNN the part magically will appear... 🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

sad you had to suffer like this, but exactly my point on warranty and extended warranty. So what. the merchant can always give you the run around. see who buay tahan and give up 1st. SMLJ excuses can come.

1. miscommunication , forgot to order the part.

2. part ordered, factory no stock

3. sub supplier of the part, got their factory burnt down.

4. back log in shipping...

5.. etc etc.

but offer to buy/pay for it.... KNN the part magically will appear... 🤣

Same as Mazda Service,same Eurokars Group,Mirrors cannot Close,no Spare Part,need to indent,Car under Warranty,another Mazda no Warranty,pay Money,3 Hours later Job done.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Same as Mazda Service,same Eurokars Group,Mirrors cannot Close,no Spare Part,need to indent,Car under Warranty,another Mazda no Warranty,pay Money,3 Hours later Job done.

For your example it’s a little different. 
I’m not in the auto industry but for manufacture warranty claims typically it’s all about the same. 
Under manufacturer warranty claims, the manufacture has to approve the claim and they will supply the part. 

thus typically the ADs will not use their stock of parts for warranty claims as their parts are on their books and meant to be sold. Sometimes they do bend their rules to get the customer car back on the road asap, but for non critical parts or costly parts, it’s typically indent and the manufacture will supply. 

typically ADs do not like to do warranty work as all they are paid for is the book time that work process states that it is needed to replace the part. Typically this rate is not that high as a requirement for being the AD. For sure they make more money selling the part and charging you the mark up and their public labour rates. 

sometimes you get warranty rejected. it can be that the manufacture rejects as they are not satisfied with the reason and sometimes it because the ADs are lazy and don’t want to be seen to be claiming too much or take too much effort to document the problem and try to fob you off. 

then there is extended warranty where typically it is underwritten by the insurers. Thus its does them no good if there are too many claims as the premiums the ADs pay would then go up. Meaning they lose money. So you get cases where they try to also fob off the customer. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 8

Sp4wn patience is God level. AD is blessed to have a customer like you.

My company sells electronics instruments. Sometimes I'm also very fed up with the repair team. The issue was obvious and yet when they can't replicate it, the equipment was returned as it is with nothing done. 

And then I get all the complaints from cust when they got it back and the issue is still there. Best is the equipment is under warranty. I mean come'on the issue was already video documented by customer and is likely an intermittent issue. Just changed the related parts before returning. 

And this happens all the time. I'm so fed up that at times I tell them if they want to return the equipment as it is, then the service engineer has to go down and show on site that the issue couldn't be replicated. Then they kum wan repair.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

11 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

aberthen ..... just like accident repair .... 

claim insurance ... tortoise speed ... 

pay CA$H ... rabbit speed .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1