Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

So you changed lane to the right and hit the stationary car which was now on your left? That would explain why the damage was on your left rear and the damage on the rim's outer surface before the whole arm broke and collapsed.

I think he changed lane from left to right without hitting any object.

When his Makan was parallel with the stationary vehicle, the rear left control arm snapped.

When snapped, Makan body and wheel bua the stationary vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I think he changed lane from left to right without hitting any object.

When his Makan was parallel with the stationary vehicle, the rear left control arm snapped.

When snapped, Makan body and wheel bua the stationary vehicle.

If it collapsed first and the wheel's bottom went outwards as in the photo, only the tyre would hit the stationary car and any rim damage would be on the inside of the rim rubbing against the road surface.  The outside surface would not be scratched.  But the photo shows damaged outer surface.  Only Miao-ing knows what actually happened.  We can only guess. For fun.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If it collapsed first and the wheel's bottom went outwards as in the photo, only the tyre would hit the stationary car and any rim damage would be on the inside of the rim rubbing against the road surface.  The outside surface would not be scratched.  But the photo shows damaged outer surface.  Only Miao-ing knows what actually happened.  We can only guess. For fun.

Not forgetting that it collapse while the wheel is turning.

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

If it's an accident, no matter how light was the touch or at what speed, I'm inclined to believe you will be at the AD's mercy, especially if you want to justify it as a manufacturing defect which was unfortunately exposed due to this light accident. 

However, if it's a case that you are just driving normally and the rear left control arm collapsed with no warning leading a loss of control, thus resulting in an accident (provided no prior accident), you definitely had a strong case to sue their asses off. 

My take is that you can probably negotiate for a discount off the quoted repair bill and move on, considering you are a repeat customer. Not sure if this meant any shit to to Stuttgart, but it's at least worth a try. I don't think it's in their best interests to have your Macan sitting around too long in their premises while purposely dragging your case.

TS says he has car cam footage that shows that he was stopped before the sudden catastrophic arm failure occured. 

I am under the impression that the arm broke that caused the car to swerve and hit a stationary vehicle. 

Now I am confuse. Which is which? 

• Haha! 1

This case hinges on

did the control arm break first causing the car to swerve left and hit the back right of the other car

or

did the accident cause the control arm to break.

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

This case hinges on

did the control arm break first causing the car to swerve left and hit the back right of the other car

or

did the accident cause the control arm to break.

giphy.gif

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Porsche arm so easily collapse one huh?

Really cannot imagine other makes like Geely and Proton....

Expensive stuff usually more fragile.

Example is Casio G-shock versus Patek Philippe. Try throwing both out of a window, only 1 will survive.

• Haha! 8

Hypersonic
(edited)

I turned at a junction and my right wheel whacked the centre divider at 50km/h many years ago. Till now no issue. Only rim got rashes. It’s just a Suzuki Swift.

I say it’s a material defect.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
12 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Expensive stuff usually more fragile.

Example is Casio G-shock versus Patek Philippe. Try throwing both out of a window, only 1 will survive.

When driving Porsche.

Keep speeds below 20km/hr

Be vigilant to avoid speed bumps (any height)

DO NOT switch lanes / Turn steering wheel

Do not use car when raining

Ai ya just leave the car at home la! Like some buy watches to keep in safes.

Edited by Atachi
  • Haha! 10

14 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

TS says he has car cam footage that shows that he was stopped before the sudden catastrophic arm failure occured. 

Reading from start to finish, I'm of the impression that he side swiped his rear left side against the other stopped car, when changing to the right lane. 

He did said it was an accident, albeit a very light brush against the other car at 10km/h, before resulting in the rear left control arm failure. 

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Atachi said:

When driving Porsche.

Keep speeds below 20km/hr

Be vigilant to avoid speed bumps (any height)

DO NOT switch lanes / Turn steering wheel

Do not use car when raining

Ai ya just leave the car at home la! Like some buy watches to keep in safes.

can use lah .. like they said in their email to me ... just wind down the window and wipe the bloody mirror! doesnt seem so difficult when Stuttgart Auto puts it that way no? 

I for one, love the feeling of rain splashing on my face while im driving ... 😂😂

• Haha! 6

If the control arm broke because of the impact with another vehicle

then it would be very hard to claim against AD.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, Sp4wn said:

you can always blank out the plate.

unless u hit a ferrari f40 which theres a handful, i doubt anyone can tell who is the other person you hit. just slap a smiley face on the person if they appear on the pic.

a couple of brothers here did reach out to help me with my situation in a few different ways via PM. constructive suggestions but because they had their own issues with SA they were not willing to post publicly (which i respect) but ultimately you are not the only one facing these issues with SA. 

if unsure, post a microsoft paint drawing of the accident. dont worry, we all not Picasso here 😂

edit: @Miao-ing you can also use whatsapp to edit the video somewhat with emoji to blank out certain parts since the emoji doesnt get removed in each frame. anyway please do whatever you feel comfortable with, and if you cant post the video, also understandable. but not many people can advise without the full picture i suppose.

Its not a special made. But in that committee and area, many will know who's car. And I don't have the green light from the other party to post. Sigh...

I would have post many things if without constrain. 

The lack of evident of video from (the car in front and back of my vehicle) and the lack of support of AD, my case is fixed. 

Appreciate many Bros here are so forthcoming to advice, especially Sp4wn. Sorry for the lack of photos and videos.  

On 3/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, Atachi said:

Don't mind me asking. The damages for the other car, how was it settled?

Who claimed who?

Claim me. 

On 3/3/2021 at 2:09 PM, Lethalstrike said:

If it's an accident, no matter how light was the touch or at what speed, I'm inclined to believe you will be at the AD's mercy, especially if you want to justify it as a manufacturing defect which was unfortunately exposed due to this light accident. 

However, if it's a case that you are just driving normally and the rear left control arm collapsed with no warning leading a loss of control, thus resulting in an accident (provided no prior accident), you definitely had a strong case to sue their asses off. 

My take is that you can probably negotiate for a discount off the quoted repair bill and move on, considering you are a repeat customer. Not sure if this meant any shit to to Stuttgart, but it's at least worth a try. I don't think it's in their best interests to have your Macan sitting around too long in their premises while purposely dragging your case.

Yes, you are right. If there is no other car involve, it will be a clear situation. 

Discount from AD ! Forget it. If they are willing to give me a sincere reply to my query and not brush me off, I will be already so appreciative la. Discount, Repeat customer -  They don't give a damn. My macan is with them for more than a month already. I guess is - if they don't what to do, what can they do. So everyone was waiting for everyone. And making a decision could means bearing responsibility.  So play safe, don't do anything. I derive this when the staffs keep asking me to write letter to help them to help me. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3