Worst Decision ever - buying a Stuttgart Auto Macan

Sp4wn

i didnt think of the stickers, but if you read my post, i bought all the different solutions to try.

the more interesting part is now they just message me for the aircon problem - because its not a breakdown, they can take in the car to repair, but they will not loan me any car, despite this being the third time its going in for this repair.

so even transporting the baby for the next 1-2 weeks is going to be a major hassle if i have to send it in ...

thats the Stuttgart auto service for you i guess ...

U very kind.

Pls go bang tables. They see u machiam can eat. Do it for your kiddo. Dun worry what they think of u. Whether u cheapo or can't afford to get a rental car. Its their product that sucks big time. They need to know u no pushover lah.

Ask Radx...oops. He will know exactly how to put nonsensical ppl in their place, heck, even those not alive, he could too.

Jesting ya. Radx, complimenting u on your sense of standing up to bullies ya.

I am definitely losing alot of respect for this company. I love Porsches. Just dun like rolling out of one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Once you know you are getting sh!t service from them it's best to avoid. Your wall of text is just too lor soh. LoL...

Throughout the years I have learnt not to be over reliant on other ppl.

Actually what I dont understand is why you sold your GTR away. Just get a second car be it bmw or toyota.

Aircon problem gotto go to ppl who does car aircon for a liiving. Reputable ones are somewhere in the forum, just need to search.

brother .. when you buy a brand new car that is advertised with 5 year warranty and 5 year servicing included, why would you pay more money when you have already paid for the said service?

gtr - simple enough ... not a practical car to drive, after being a dad. if i drive the gtr to work, my wife goes out with baby and ask me to pick her up, meaning i need to go home, change car again, go back and pick them up?

why should i go to an aircon contractor when the car is under warranty?

are you saying if your iphone under warranty, to be repaired for free, you will rather bring to ah beng shop and spend $200+? 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

hai tell me about it bro ... i told them after this im swearing off porsche for the rest of my life. even if they make the best goddamn car in the world in the future, ill never buy a porsche

the problem is they want me to lose money for them not being able to solve the problem.

taking my $ is easy

but giving good service is apparently not ...

i just got a whatsapp from them now finally asking when i can bring in the car for the next round of repairs liao (after sending the MD my email this morning )

i think really suay. i know a few macan owners super happy with their car. 3-4 years old with zero problems. 

mine can have ecu / aircon  etc problems. but according to SA, this is NORMAL lol

hahaha , tell me about it . Its not Porsche , its the idiotic dealer and the staff working there .  I really think that it starts right from the very top , which is K . I swear off this dealer and any car brands within their whole group no matter how good and cheap their cars are !! 

Only way to deal with them is to go all in full legal and going all the way with them even if they tries to drag it for years . Speaking from my experience with them 4-5 years back .  

• Praise 2

brother .. when you buy a brand new car that is advertised with 5 year warranty and 5 year servicing included, why would you pay more money when you have already paid for the said service?

gtr - simple enough ... not a practical car to drive, after being a dad. if i drive the gtr to work, my wife goes out with baby and ask me to pick her up, meaning i need to go home, change car again, go back and pick them up?

why should i go to an aircon contractor when the car is under warranty?

are you saying if your iphone under warranty, to be repaired for free, you will rather bring to ah beng shop and spend $200+? 

You ask yourself is it worth going back. They just park your car there for weeks vs others who can get it done within a day. For me I would pay for better service. This kinda "waste time" warranty....I dunno bro, what matters more to you? When you need the car most this kinda thing happens is most frustrating.

Turbocharged

You ask yourself is it worth going back. They just park your car there for weeks vs others who can get it done within a day. For me I would pay for better service. This kinda "waste time" warranty....I dunno bro, what matters more to you? When you need the car most this kinda thing happens is most frustrating.

of course bro, but again hindsight is 20/20

i had world class service from tan chong.

i didnt expect the level of service from SA to be this low ...

until this morning he can say, they will never inconvenience me

to right now when its time to repair aircon again ... they said pui ... no loaner for you for two weeks ... 

say one thing ... but do another thing ...

Turbocharged

Wow.... long read... You must be a good writer as normally I would have lost interest in the first 5 minutes.

For the safety of your wife and the baby, I think you should just dump this lemon and get yourself a BMW.

Maybe burning the car in SA's yard will serve a good publicity for the company.

Have to agree on the BMW. Mine broke down once on cte.. went into limp mode and managed to exit and park. Car under warranty... called pml, they sent tow truck, next day diagnosed and replaced entire gearbox within a day, no questions asked.

Many say their service sucks but to me they tried their best and delivered.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Have to agree on the BMW. Mine broke down once on cte.. went into limp mode and managed to exit and park. Car under warranty... called pml, they sent tow truck, next day diagnosed and replaced entire gearbox within a day, no questions asked.

Many say their service sucks but to me they tried their best and delivered.

my first car was a 320 ... and i still remember, the workshop guy was damn solid (the one near fort road). i asked if i can install gruppeM (it was the trend 15 years ago haha) and he said no problem. i asked if any warranty issue .. he just told me dont worry, when arranging servicing, ask for him only. he will take care of it. great guy. 

Twincharged

U very kind.

Pls go bang tables. They see u machiam can eat. Do it for your kiddo. Dun worry what they think of u. Whether u cheapo or can't afford to get a rental car. Its their product that sucks big time. They need to know u no pushover lah.

Ask Radx...oops. He will know exactly how to put nonsensical ppl in their place, heck, even those not alive, he could too.

Jesting ya. Radx, complimenting u on your sense of standing up to bullies ya.

I am definitely losing alot of respect for this company. I love Porsches. Just dun like rolling out of one.ð³ððð

Safe ride

Cheers

It’s tiring to bang tables. They can play with you non stop. Till you are tired and frustrated. I’m sure TS does not have a driver or assistant to send the car down.

All this is Singapore warranty for you. Zero consumer protection. In China if this happens just blow it big and then the principal Porsche will come down hard on the dealer.

Twincharged

yup i intend to update. my loss, everyone elses gain i guess.

i will update as and when they deal with the problems, how they dealt with it ...

everyones invited along for the ride ... its going to be a looooong 7 years (for them or me, im not sure yet)

Bro I admire you. But I think you will give up long before the 7 years is up.

So free to go there and back meh? At least tan Chong at Bukit Timah is a better location than sungei kadut or Pandan.

Turbocharged

Just curious if you went to the Leng Kee Service Center or the Penjuru one?

leng kee

Bro I admire you. But I think you will give up long before the 7 years is up.

So free to go there and back meh? At least tan Chong at Bukit Timah is a better location than sungei kadut or Pandan.

well, ive tahan nearly 3 years without giving up. same thing when i fought against the drunk driver case, i dont give up easily till every avenue is exhausted

(tan chong at bukit timah i believe is closing down btw)

It’s tiring to bang tables. They can play with you non stop. Till you are tired and frustrated. I’m sure TS does not have a driver or assistant to send the car down.

All this is Singapore warranty for you. Zero consumer protection. In China if this happens just blow it big and then the principal Porsche will come down hard on the dealer.

That is why I ask Sp4wn to burn his car in front of SA to show how disgruntled he is, just like that chap who hammer his Lambo in front of the dealership. Before that make sure you gather all the reporters, intagrammers, youtuber (Maybe NAS since he is in Sg liao), etc.. confirm message will reach Porsche or VAG.

• Praise 1

leng kee

well, ive tahan nearly 3 years without giving up. same thing when i fought against the drunk driver case, i dont give up easily till every avenue is exhausted

No wonder your nick is so familiar. Read your thread about the drunk driving case with your GTR vs Vios in HWZ quite a few years ago.

Hope your issues get resolved. Will be following this thread.

Twincharged

leng kee

You have our online support.

(edited)

Itâs tiring to bang tables. They can play with you non stop. Till you are tired and frustrated. Iâm sure TS does not have a driver or assistant to send the car down.

Alamak. Leave China out.

If not tiring, everyone will do it at a drop of a pin.

But i can assure u, tenacity and bite not letting go works. Unfortunately most give up easily. Hence they grow bolder and have time to play longer.

To each one's own. But once on this path, dun give up. If not willing to, dun start and dun complain.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

I am not sure if you have tried this personally or if this is a more superior  brand,  some folks bought some similar products but the product lost its effect after a month or so, it is as good as having a piece of plastic sprayed with rainx, the layer gets deteriorated over time. 

↡ Advertisement