Schooling fails to make 100m butterfly semis at FINA World Championships

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

Can cancel all sponsorship and endorsement liao. Olympics next year at Tokyo can don’t go also. Most importantly, pls come back serve your NS. Not sure if Borneo Motors still allow him to drive and launch the new Supra after his recent shameful results.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/joseph-schooling-fina-world-championships-100m-butterfly-11755332

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I think he'll not win another Olympic/World Championship Gold liao. That crowning glory moment imo is the PINNACLE of his sporting life. To consistently have that kind of hunger and drive after reaching a summit is not easy. Only few can do it. In the current climate, most champions do not last more than 2 Olympics. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Can cancel all sponsorship and endorsement liao. Olympics next year at Tokyo can don’t go also. Most importantly, pls come back serve your NS. Not sure if Borneo Motors still allow him to drive and launch the new Supra after his recent shameful results.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/joseph-schooling-fina-world-championships-100m-butterfly-11755332

I am not a fan of joseph but I wouldn't curse NS on him just because he didn't win. Hope he has some secret dual citizenship so he doesn't have to come back.

I think he'll not win another Olympic/World Championship Gold liao. That crowning glory moment imo is the PINNACLE of his sporting life. To consistently have that kind of hunger and drive after reaching a summit is not easy. Only few can do it. In the current climate, most champions do not last more than 2 Olympics. 

How to win? Check out how Kristof Milak swam the 200m fly which broke the world record - maybe don't use arms also swim better than schooling.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

.... to me, schooling is always the guy who brought the Olympic gold to Singapore.

Good for him, hope he does well on other stuff if he decide to do something else

• Praise 15

ya. once all the frame commercial money come in.

they start losing their head.

happen to alot of sportsman, esp soccer players haiz.

• Praise 1

(edited)

ya. once all the frame commercial money come in.

they start losing their head.

happen to alot of sportsman, esp soccer players haiz.

I don't really think so. It's more like u no longer has 150% focus on one thing.

U have to know that for elite athetes, it's eat sleep breathe sports.

U need to watch everything u eat, u have to force yourself to eat even if you're not hungry cos the large metabolic demands and the need to maintain muscle mass, everyday u are swimming in the pool when others are asleep or having dinner out.

After having achieved greatness, Olympic gold followed by Asian games gold, it's understandable that only certain champions will keep on trying to win.

He's lucky and talented so he got it paid off already.

Some people are just more naturally suited to that life style.

You're competing with people who are as talented and as determined as you +-5%. If u are better than them 10%, u are already damn dominant liao like how Phelps was  [:p]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

Frankly speaking, Joseph Schooling 1st Olympic gold medal is due to a huge stroke of luck. To be fair, when he took home the Oympic gold medal, he did not break any world record or Oympic record that day. To me it is more like the rest of the better swimmers there are just not in top form that day. And he just did everything right, that's why he manages to get the Oympic gold medal.

For him to get another gold medal in the future will require nothing less than a miracle.

PS : He is no doubt a world class swimmer, but there are just a lot of better swimmers than him on the world stage.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 3

Frankly speaking, Joseph Schooling 1st Olympic gold medal is due to a huge stroke of luck. To be fair, when he took home the Oympic gold medal, he did not break any world record or Oympic record that day. To me it is more like the rest of the better swimmers there are just not in top form that day. And he just did everything right, that's why he manages to get the Oympic gold medal.

For him to get another gold medal in the future will require nothing less than a miracle.

PS : He is no doubt a world class swimmer, but there are just a lot of better swimmers than him on the world stage.

LOL. Do some simple fact checking lah...

Schooling's time smashed the Olympic Games record of 50.58s, clocked by Phelps at Beijing 2008. This is the first time at Rio 2016 that Phelps, who won the 100m butterfly at the past three Olympics, has been beaten.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/joseph-schooling-is-singapore-s-first-olympic-champion-7877816

Yes the new generation of swimmers are faster. And he's been unable to replicate his sub 51second times.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Yes the new generation of swimmers are faster. And he's been unable to replicate his sub 51second times.

2008 record was with a full body suit?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

He had just made the move back to SG from USA. Total change of environment ..... I think it will be difficult for him to keep up his form. Stay at home with parents is very comfy, and will grow soft. Furthermore, the change in diet, lack of strong competition, will all stack on him.

Usually those asians that are world class athletes in certain sports have no choice but to basically live and train like ang moh if they want to keep up to world standards.

• Praise 11

Twincharged

you are wrong.

get your facts right.

give credit where credit is due.

• Praise 16

you are wrong.

get your facts right.

give credit where credit is due.

Yup. he peaked at the right race, which is what every swimmer dreams about.

That is his PB also i believe.

• Praise 1

FFS , it was an OLYMPIC GOLD medal lei.. Period
  • Praise 11

Non-athletes keyboard warriors will NEVER understand!!!

criticizing is always easy, esp behind a keyboard, and of course the best part is, its free. 

those criticizing without knowledge and fact are worst, sld first learn how to type the word "shameless"... <_<  -_-

• Praise 7

mai talk cock lah!!! 

Oh ya my bad he did breaks the olympic record. But i still sticks to what i mention earlier. He won't see the light of another olympic gold medal.

• Dislike 1

(edited)

is new generation faster cos of new equipment??

i see more and more high tech swimming wear come out..

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

is new generation faster cos of new equipment??

i see more and more high tech swimming wear come out..

Nope. I think it's mostly the sports science part and that now with cameras everywhere especially underwater, u can work on improving your technique.

I mean u used to need special cameras with those waterproof box just to film yourself underwater. But now most handphone can go underwater for a short while haha  [laugh]

Also the competition is getting higher and higher bah. The college scene in USA is big and everyone pushing each other to greater efforts.

↡ Advertisement