Is your worth just based on that “like”?

RadX

If i dislike your post will you hunt me down?  [laugh]

lol.....my worth is independent of such activities in social media

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

If i dislike your post will you hunt me down?  [laugh]

Wait, let me try first, if nothing happen you can follow, if I disappear, pls "praise" only..... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

test test, testing 123....

Ok its me.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

on a serious note, it shows the insecurities of the young folks where being accepted is important and need to justify that like.  For eg, if ppl do not like their post, they will be questioned....what gives?

test test, testing 123....

Ok its me.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

lol...i know lah....

(edited)

on a serious note, it shows the insecurities of the young folks where being accepted is important and need to justify that like.  For eg, if ppl do not like their post, they will be questioned....what gives?

Its a new era, we will have to get into their world to understand what they are thinking. Its a new way of social acceptance, much like the old days of joining gangs and SS, the feeling of being accepted. 

But not all youth behave this way, however I think  this grp probably  form less than 20%.  The normal ones will out grown this thing I guess, after a while it becomes no longer exciting. 

My 14 yrs  old son doesnt give a damn about the likes and what not on IG.  Apart from posting mainly his podium pictures, he only post once in a while when he run a PB or when he gets a new pair of shoes. Other than that his IG is very boring, and most of his classmates are quite similar except for a few attention seekers who will post useless things everyday. 

My 2 girls have both outgrown this stage, while they used to whatsapp me to go like their IG posts, the whatsapps have since stopped coming in, and the volume of the IG posts have also slowed down alot. 

I guess the up bringing, their self esteem, and the family play an important part. 

Those who cannot get it one way, will always try to get it from another way. Those who have it will find it quite hard to understand those who dont have it.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

Sad, but youngster nowadays really take social media too seriously. 

• Praise 5

Social media influencers basically live off those likes. No like, no money.

Those number of likes and followers bring advertising  dollar and sponsorship mah... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged
(edited)

it makes a lot of difference if our resident undertaker gives me a praise. That single praise can keep my Tesla going for more than 450 kms on a single charge.

On a serious, those who claim they are not affected are bulls**tting.

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 2

Good thread. My son is probably using an Excel spreadsheet to track all likes/dislikes for all his social media postings. I think that is a sure route to an anxiety disorder.

As parents, we have no idea how to curb his obsession with others' comments. It's almost like his online world is his only world.

• Praise 6

Good thread. My son is probably using an Excel spreadsheet to track all likes/dislikes for all his social media postings. I think that is a sure route to an anxiety disorder.

As parents, we have no idea how to curb his obsession with others' comments. It's almost like his online world is his only world.

I feel you...and I thought it’s a girl’s thing to be on SM...nowadays boys also...

• Praise 4

And later he will go collect bruises and post on IG to collect the likes, more bruises more likes... [:p][laugh][laugh]

Then I’d give him a praise too. At least he legit earn it the boy’s way...not some sugar coating talks

↡ Advertisement