Is your worth just based on that “like”?

RadX

30 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

We praise the good posts so people will post more good stuff. 

It's a form of positive reinforcement. 

:D

Woof woof! Pavlovian training [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

33 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Now I gotta go find a new hobby.

Sad.

Please don't take credit for bad things you didn't do. 

For the cowards they can still give dislikes but just leave a comment lah. 

I dislike your post because I have a small willie. 

Or

I dislike your post because your posts are very smart and funny and everyone always praise your posts and no one praise mine. 

Or

I dislike your post because your MIL is very popular and everyone is always taking about her and no one talks about my MIL. 

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Don't need to use 3rd party website, MCF have polling function too.

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

you should start a cult group and have a cai png religion ...hhheheeh

Nah, cai png is the past, now the in-thing is home cooked food liao. Suddenly all the masterchef come out from the closet.:grin:

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If you don't like this idea please show support by praising Carbon's post. 

I did. 

Basket, you post this way wait people thought Jamesc is the clone account of carbon82...:omg:

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Well. the whole point of a forum if not for the regular TCSS stuff, is to share information or experiences. Similar to how reddit upvotes something, an informative or highlighted well crafted post deserves more likes than the others.

If just separate into "liked (with no quantity)" vs regular run-of-the mill posts, it's harder for people to sieve out the quality posts as opposed to ones which we praise cos it's funny or for friendship reasons.

So i don't support. 

I have mixed view / feeling with likes. On one hand, it recognize good / quality / funky posts, but on the other hand, as you have mentioned, some likes are given for friendship reasons. So end of the day, it is up to the reader to exercise their critical thinking skills to decide which post is more trust worthy.

Sorry, somewhat emotional today, so posting nonsense...

• Praise 7

Just now, Carbon82 said:

I have mixed view / feeling with likes. On one hand, it recognize good / quality / funky posts, but on the other hand, as you have mentioned, some likes are given for friendship reasons. So end of the day, it is up to the reader to exercise their critical thinking skills to decide which post is more trust worthy.

Sorry, somewhat emotional today, so posting nonsense...

I think a discerning reader should be able to distinguish the two. Or at least recognize which viewpoints are valid. 
What i think maybe to marry your view vs my view, would be that there is no notification of reactions as default.  U only switch it on if u want it. But the reactions are still there within the thread. 
But this may run counter to SPH aim. After all they want more eyeballs and attract people to come back and read posts or see other people reactions.

• Praise 2

at our age, we need to reflect if we still let like and dislike in social media effect our mood too much.

there is no need to hide the numbers.

let it be a way to train and control our emotion.

last time whenever some 1 quote and debate with me

i confirm debate back asap, and keep looking forward to reply.

now i see open alot liao

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

at our age, we need to reflect if we still let like and dislike in social media effect our mood too much.

there is no need to hide the numbers.

let it be a way to train and control our emotion.

last time whenever some 1 quote and debate with me

i confirm debate back asap, and keep looking forward to reply.

now i see open alot liao

I seriously cannot imagine aged adults are still affected by likes and dislikes in social medias. 

I also cannot comprehend why ppl would jump with joyce over more praises which might just be imaginary approval,  and then cannot eat cannot sleep,  jumping ard like a mad creature because of some anonymous dislikes. 

Are we really so insecure and in need of internet recognition? I think we do really a need a life,  a proper one. 

So I say,  leave it as it is,  what is there to hide? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I seriously cannot imagine aged adults are still affected by likes and dislikes in social medias. 

I also cannot comprehend why ppl would jump with joyce over more praises which might just be imaginary approval,  and then cannot eat cannot sleep,  jumping ard like a mad creature because of some anonymous dislikes. 

Are we really so insecure and in need of internet recognition? I think we do really a need a life,  a proper one. 

I make comments on some IG feed of Chio Bu.

If these chio bu like my comment, i will jump with joyce

😂

• Praise 3

41 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Internet is serious business for some folks.

So i think your 1st statement applies for most well adjusted adults. But i would say a significant minority of adults do get affected.  There are lot of people out there who wants social affirmation. Maybe they don't have close friends, or maybe they just want to be right all the time. U can see it all the time in flame/POV wars.

• Praise 2

Aiyah people shouldn't take what other people say too seriously. 

Be like my MIL she don't care what people say. 

She never queue up she just cut in only. 

People horn she bochup them. 

People waiting to reverse in she just goes in head first and steal the lot. 

People shout they were here first she just ignore then and shout back old lady cannot walk far lah. 

In the cinema she will answer her phone people shush her she just ignore them and give a running commentary of the movie. 

That why I am not so sure people shouldn't care what other people say. 

Maybe good things we should really listen. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Aiyah people shouldn't take what other people say too seriously. 

Be like my MIL she don't care what people say. 

She never queue up she just cut in only. 

People horn she bochup them. 

People waiting to reverse in she just goes in head first and steal the lot. 

People shout they were here first she just ignore then and shout back old lady cannot walk far lah. 

In the cinema she will answer her phone people shush her she just ignore them and give a running commentary of the movie. 

That why I am not so sure people shouldn't care what other people say. 

Maybe good things we should really listen. 

Wow. I hope your wife was adopted. 

😳

• Praise 5

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Who is joyce?

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

😳

😂😂😂😂😂oops. 

Sorry. That's one really funny reply. 

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Please don't take credit for bad things you didn't do. 

For the cowards they can still give dislikes but just leave a comment lah. 

I dislike your post because I have a small willie. 

Or

I dislike your post because your posts are very smart and funny and everyone always praise your posts and no one praise mine. 

Or

I dislike your post because your MIL is very popular and everyone is always taking about her and no one talks about my MIL. 

Since it was anonymous, how do you know if it was me or not me? 😁

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

😳

My MIL found her in the rubbish dump so no same genes at all.

😀

Lucky for me.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1