MAHATHIR seeking to manufacture supercars

(edited)

post-141090-0-50032000-1564377532_thumb.jpg

totally should read MAHATHIR want to manufact supercars instead of msia... -_- 

ISTANBUL — Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has pictured the possibility of Malaysia producing "super cars" in order to further enhance the capability of the nation’s automotive industry.

Dr Mahathir said Turkish supercar producer Onuk had indicated willingness to cooperate with Malaysia to produce the exotic vehicle.

Dr Mahathir said he had long been aware of Turkish companies’ capability but only now he could see it first-hand.

“I was aware of their capability. But there was no follow-up at the time as I was not the prime minister then, so making progress would have been difficult. “And now they are ready to collaborate... not only with that type of car (super car) but also with other cars,’’ he said . Dr Mahathir was speaking to Malaysian reporters at the end of his official visit to Turkey at the Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (ISGIA) on Sunday (July 28). The Onuk Sazan and Onuk S56/G super car models areexhibited at ISGIA and Dr Mahathir took the opportunity to check them out before he left for home.

On Friday, Dr Mahathir had a dialogue session with Turkish captains of industry, and offered them Malaysian expertise to produce their own national car based on the success garnered by Proton and Perodua. Meanwhile, Dr Mahathir praised Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd's (MAHB) success in managing (ISGIA) Turkey’s second largest airport — showing Malaysian companies’ capabilities as well as their ability to expand their operations abroad.

He said that although MAHB operates airports in several other countries, ISGIA — which the company wholly owns — is the largest, handling 34 million passengers annually. “It’s much larger than KLIA (Kuala lumpur International Airport), and its management is something special. There are people who recognise our capability in this field and give us a lot of opportunities," said Dr Mahathir. On Friday, Dr Mahathir visited ISGIA, which was taken over entirely by MAHB in 2014, and witnessed its operations.

Opened in January 2001, the airport is the second busiest in Turkey and the world’s busiest single-runway airport and terminal. Located some 45 km from Istanbul, it recorded 16.7 million passenger traffic movements as of June this year over first half of 2019, up 3.4 per cent over the same period last yeaar. In 2018, it posted 34.1 million passenger traffic movements and revenue of RM1.15 billion (S$382 million). NEW STRAITS TIMES

post-141090-0-63662800-1564377885_thumb.jpg

post-141090-0-99536800-1564377888_thumb.jpg

post-141090-0-39171600-1564377892_thumb.jpg

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement

190729_supercar.jpg

totally should read MAHATHIR want to manufact supercars instead of msia... -_-

ISTANBUL â Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has pictured the possibility of Malaysia producing "super cars" in order to further enhance the capability of the nationâs automotive industry.

Dr Mahathir said Turkish supercar producer Onuk had indicated willingness to cooperate with Malaysia to produce the exotic vehicle.

Dr Mahathir said he had long been aware of Turkish companiesâ capability but only now he could see it first-hand.

âI was aware of their capability. But there was no follow-up at the time as I was not the prime minister then, so making progress would have been difficult. âAnd now they are ready to collaborate... not only with that type of car (super car) but also with other cars,ââ he said . Dr Mahathir was speaking to Malaysian reporters at the end of his official visit to Turkey at the Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (ISGIA) on Sunday (July 28). The Onuk Sazan and Onuk S56/G super car models areexhibited at ISGIA and Dr Mahathir took the opportunity to check them out before he left for home.

On Friday, Dr Mahathir had a dialogue session with Turkish captains of industry, and offered them Malaysian expertise to produce their own national car based on the success garnered by Proton and Perodua. Meanwhile, Dr Mahathir praised Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd's (MAHB) success in managing (ISGIA) Turkeyâs second largest airport â showing Malaysian companiesâ capabilities as well as their ability to expand their operations abroad.

He said that although MAHB operates airports in several other countries, ISGIA â which the company wholly owns â is the largest, handling 34 million passengers annually. âItâs much larger than KLIA (Kuala lumpur International Airport), and its management is something special. There are people who recognise our capability in this field and give us a lot of opportunities," said Dr Mahathir. On Friday, Dr Mahathir visited ISGIA, which was taken over entirely by MAHB in 2014, and witnessed its operations.

Opened in January 2001, the airport is the second busiest in Turkey and the worldâs busiest single-runway airport and terminal. Located some 45 km from Istanbul, it recorded 16.7 million passenger traffic movements as of June this year over first half of 2019, up 3.4 per cent over the same period last yeaar. In 2018, it posted 34.1 million passenger traffic movements and revenue of RM1.15 billion (S$382 million). NEW STRAITS TIMES

onuk-sazan-supercar-prototype_100302470_l.jpg

onuk-sazan-supercar-prototype_100302472_l.jpg

onuk-sazan-supercar-prototype_100302473_l.jpg

Reminds me a bit of a TVR mish-mash.

Probably will use kancil chasis and mod siao2 until declare supercar. But power cut off till 180km/h only due to safety concern.

(edited)

I support him.

If he want to sell super cars at a big loss subsidised by Malaysian taxpayer I will seriously consider getting one.

:D

All he shld do is to implement COE..... sell paper certificates, instant cash.

Please lah. Bolehland gov not so smart to sell COE.

Edited by Jamesc

All he shld do is to implement COE..... sell paper certificates, instant cash.

They already have one its called AP (Approved Permit).

I support him.

If he want to sell super cars at a big loss subsidised by Malaysian taxpayer I will seriously consider getting one.

Come to Sg the local dealer will sell at different price.

Supersonic

I support him.

Please lah. Bolehland gov not so smart to sell COE.

Bolehland got it's own 'coe'. It's the AP

But onli crony get

Coz that's how one "develops the automotive industry and know how"

Nobel profession ok?

Malaysia spent billions to have a car industry.

Thailand spent nothing and make so many Cities and Corollas and Camrys.

I think we also will have a car industry right?

Dyson making cars here.

Supersonic

Drop an Evo engine in a Kancil n u get an instant supercar liao

The buyers will literally have the last laugh...

• Praise 1

After they started Proton more than 30 years ago, Malaysia still don't have a strong auto cluster, unlike in Japan, Thailand and part of Europe, how to build super car.

If want 10%, easier to do infrastructure projects.

↡ Advertisement