Changes in employment landscape. Open legs

Staff69

You need this

https://www.impraise.com/blog/how-to-motivate-and-inspire-your-team-to-achieve-better-results

My current method works well for me so keeping my finger cross

well.. if i am the Boss maybe..but i oso report to figure driven bosses..

let's face it.. Worker Happiness can never be measured or i should say Never bother to Measure.. but P&L is reflected accurately and immediately.. most bosses (Not those who own company) will only care to show result by trimming and cutting.. passing their loads to other departments.. just look at the number of retrenchment and re-structuring happening around..

"Provide opportunities for development"

to most youngster this mean Promotion Salary increment.. again which company can always offer that? They forget development mean building own worth own value.. instead chasing and comparing with their peers.. no Four Ring, No Benz no BM mean sad.. mean din achieve anything in life..

↡ Advertisement

In life there are many things similar whether at work, home, biz, sports, etc.

The 1st generation works very hard to achieve something and all those supporting them fully understand a d work.as a team for.same outcome. 2nd generation see and continue but start to position differently now there are some results. 3rd, is where we are heading. They deserved and have the rights to everything. You people just didn't underestimate and were far behind. FT are simple cheap ways to achieve what they want. If you falls behind or between, it is your fault.

Good point

Allow me to share my point of view. The candidate should be a fresh grad with limited years of working experiences which is why he is high in IQ but low in EQ.

Cant exactly blame him, he's a product of our glorious education system...you know, come from good school...straight A, who knows , join a grassroot be a leader , polished enough apples and get chosen to be a candidate for the next GE.

But what I personally hope is to give our locals a chance to polish them up to their fullest potential

Cos at the end of the day, they are the one planting their roots here for good and we do need them to keep playing the CPF game , otherwise, by the time we are ready to get our monies, it's already squandered off

• Praise 1

Why they bother to poll PR? It is like asking a vegan to agree with the statement that meat is bad. Lol

The propaganda machine is running full time and if they need to massage the statistics this way, it means the support for open legs policy is not as solid as they want it to be. Just be honest with us and tell us why we need to open legs again, don't treat us like kids.

post-24635-0-18281400-1564889327_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Why they bother to poll PR? It is like asking a vegan to agree with the statement that meat is bad. Lol

The propaganda machine is running full time and if they need to massage the statistics this way, it means the support for open legs policy is not as solid as they want it to be. Just be honest with us and tell us why we need to open legs again, don't treat us like kids.

60BEC5B8-9EEC-47B2-92E6-79C63ED6D99F.jpeg

Yeah.. that caught my attention immediately.

Why even bother when the poll is fatally wrong to start with.

Same as the employment and income poll also mix in pr.

• Praise 2

I like the way is segregated.

When comes to stats for employment figures, Citizen and PR are group together.

When comes to Property buyers, FT and PR are group together and Citizen is just Pink ICs.

What they don't tell you?

How many EP holders earning $6k have bought over their spouse, who are allowed to work in SG? So the import is x2? One is skilled and the other one is unskilled?

How many EP holders earning just $12k a month have their parents with them in SG under long term visit pass? 1 skilled and 3 unskilled? What is the objectives to import so many unskilled people?

• Praise 2

What they don't tell you?

How many EP holders earning $6k have bought over their spouse, who are allowed to work in SG? So the import is x2? One is skilled and the other one is unskilled?

How many EP holders earning just $12k a month have their parents with them in SG under long term visit pass? 1 skilled and 3 unskilled? What is the objectives to import so many unskilled people?

I think it is better to have their family here to support the rental market and boost consumer spending even though they do add strain to the transport system.

A lone employee here that remits all their money back home is worse.

• Praise 1

I think it is better to have their family here to support the rental market and boost consumer spending even though they do add strain to the transport system.

Better to give the place to rich investors and his family given the limitation we have?

But isnt it obvious?

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

As long as the data is up front and don't try to manipulate. It's ok.

But they aren't being honest lor.

• Praise 3

As long as the data is up front and don't try to manipulate. It's ok.

But they aren't being honest lor.

I believe its all about the data points that you shift thru.

For example, WSG is there for a reason. Employer has to put an ad for 2 weeks to ensure that a citizen gets a chance to apply for the role.

Really meh? takes 2 weeks to hire?

And anything more than 15K a month dont need to give citizen a chance to apply because its not a requirement.

I think we have to get to terms with the employment landscape and stop blaming the locals for not getting a job when they are retrenched.

• Praise 1

For example, WSG is there for a reason. Employer has to put an ad for 2 weeks to ensure that a citizen gets a chance to apply for the role.

errr... employer can advertise many many times and Sg can apply many many times..

even many sg got interview.. they will deem not suitable...

at the end you will see some FT come in for that position..

Such is the loophole..

• Praise 1

Why worse? Just need to tax them at the appropriate tax rate to support the system and to level the playing field.

This includes paying NS men for the 2 years of service - payment should include opportunity cost.

One of the key reasons for bringing FT in is our aging population - if you allow FT to come here, bring their aged parents here, are you solving the problem?

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

attachicon.gif60BEC5B8-9EEC-47B2-92E6-79C63ED6D99F.jpeg

wah...their sample size is 9/10 PRs

:D 

• Praise 3

Frankly.. how many jobs actually needs a degree?? How many are just employers padding requirements.

It's true the poly folks have it bad.

Strange thing is, govt deliberately restricts locals going to university.. yet mass awarding uni scholarships to ft. Plus mad importing ft grads.. some with dubious certs.

It's a self fulfilling problem.

Yes, that's true. How many job in the market that actually needs a degree. Just because you can hired a graduate to do the job, means that you would prefer to hire a graduate.

in order for those to remain at the top of the hierarchy, someone needs to fill the position and post at the bottom of the hierarchy in order to support the top. Otherwise, the top will simply collapse - just like a pyramid. But when too many people decide to leave the existing pyramid - to create/build their own pyramid, the king will have to decide that they will need to import more people to fill the foundation, in order to ensure that he/she remains at the top.

Have you ever wondered? what if we change the rule of the game - if anyone other than the top of the pyramid leave the pyramid - the top will have to be removed. Wouldn't it make those who have made it to the top of the pyramid not make any drastic decision without carefully considered of its consequences.

What about if everyone starts to the abandon the current system, and start on their own journey to create their own system and/or to build their own pyramid? 

Edited by Dinosaur33
  • Praise 1

Yes, that's true. How many job in the market that actually needs a degree. Just because you can hired a graduate to do the job, means that you would prefer to hire a graduate.

in order for those to remain at the top of the hierarchy, someone needs to fill the position and post at the bottom of the hierarchy in order to support the top. Otherwise, the top will simply collapse - just like a pyramid. But when too many people decide to leave the existing pyramid - to create/build their own pyramid, the king will have to decide that they will need to import more people to fill the foundation, in order to ensure that he/she remains at the top.

Have you ever wondered? what if we change the rule of the game - if anyone other than the top of the pyramid leave the pyramid - the top will have to be removed. Wouldn't it make those who have made it to the top of the pyramid not make any drastic decision without carefully considered of its consequences.

What about if everyone starts to the abandon the current system, and start on their own journey to create their own system and/or to build their own pyramid?

Sometimes it is not abt the company wanna hire a graduate for the job..

Big company in Singapore need to give a report card to the govt.. it breakdown the gender, age, qualification etc to show the demographic of the workforce..

In order to survive.. they got no choice but to hire GRADUATES but can’t provide sufficient development for them..

Sometimes it is not abt the company wanna hire a graduate for the job..

Big company in Singapore need to give a report card to the govt.. it breakdown the gender, age, qualification etc to show the demographic of the workforce..

In order to survive.. they got no choice but to hire GRADUATES but can’t provide sufficient development for them..

Thanks for this information.

Well, what the point of hiring artificially creating a job opening, just to hire a graduate - when you can't assure them of a future.

↡ Advertisement