I tried Sliplo and here's what I think.

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Have you ever came across going out for an appointment and you are in a rush, and you have to head in a parking lot?

giphy.gif

Also, if you are like me, willing to exchange the functionality of your car over appearance. You probably have scratch your bumper before.

giphy.gif

Well, to be honest. It happens to me almost 622 times when I cross the border and head to Johor for my petrol & grocery fix.

post-137774-0-17000800-1564541831_thumb.png

So I started to look out for a solution that helps prevent this from happening since my car still have like 9 years to drive. I intend to refurbish my car this end of the year and help him regains to his glory days.

I have shortlisted 2 products and wasting numerous time on the internet instead of working but searching for the correct alternative. (Please don't share this with pchou.) And my conclusion is, in the market, there is two product that fulfils my requirement. I don't want something that changes the original looks of my car, and I to protect my undercarriage bumper.

giphy.gif

So there is Samurai bumper protection and Sliplo. The reason I did not choose the Samurai is that it does change the looks of the car a bit. As I have mentioned, I want my car to look as stock as possible. So I decided to find out more about Sliplo. The product is entirely new in the market and I being me, is still very sceptical about the performance of this.

Luckily for me, I do know a few workshops in Singapore. And so happen that Gabriel (boss of a workshop in Yishun), do distribute Sliplo. I called him and enquired about the product, and he invited me over to his workshop for a demo. So I went down and checked out the product.

post-137774-0-89294900-1564542047_thumb.png

At the first look, the protection plate looks like what a clobber use to mend your shoes — nothing fancy thou. However, when Gabriel pass me the protection plate, and I plate with it, I realised it's made out of polyurethane. A type of rubber compound you find in performance engine mounting and shopping cartwheels. You know lah, when is the last time you saw a gone case shopping cart? This type of rubber compound is durable and is flexible too!

giphy.gif

The reason why the shape of the protection plate made like this is that it can weave into a different shape.

The installation is easy. You can even DIY if you are up for it. However, to access your undercarriage, you need a scissor lift or a car jack to jack up the car. Moreover, also Gabriel told me that he would thoroughly wash the car and prep the car to make sure the specially formulated adhesive by 3M is performing optimally. Yeah. Is that easy. You go down your car, peel the sticker off, use your art & craft hand and weave the shape of the protection plate to the shape of your bumper. Also, at the endpoint, you might need sharp scissors to cut the excess off.

post-137774-0-03801900-1564542177_thumb.jpg

Gabriel is generous enough to let me tried a small portion as I haven't respray my car yet. My bumper is in a severely lousy condition.

And that's it. After installing, you can't tell the difference! It is stealthy enough. Also, that is one of the things I like about this.

giphy.gif

One thing for sure, the next time if my car needs a tow, I wouldn't be so paranoid if they drag my car anymore.

*This is not a sponsored ads, so I didn't mention anything about the workshop. Everything I have shared is my point of view. If you are keen, you can PM me. I am more than willing to share with you the contact of the boss.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

How much $$$, izzit DIY ?? (looks like can)

Actually I just put a kind of thick black adhesive cloth tape below front bumper and just like change it once every year when got "kenna" kerbs...... nowadays most cars front damn low , back height is fine , usually 

Have you ever came across going out for an appointment and you are in a rush, and you have to head in a parking lot?

Also, if you are like me, willing to exchange the functionality of your car over appearance. You probably have scratch your bumper before.

Well, to be honest. It happens to me almost 622 times when I cross the border and head to Johor for my petrol & grocery fix.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2019-07-31 johor custom hump - Google Search.png

So I started to look out for a solution that helps prevent this from happening since my car still have like 9 years to drive. I intend to refurbish my car this end of the year and help him regains to his glory days.

I have shortlisted 2 products and wasting numerous time on the internet instead of working but searching for the correct alternative. (Please don't share this with pchou.) And my conclusion is, in the market, there is two product that fulfils my requirement. I don't want something that changes the original looks of my car, and I to protect my undercarriage bumper.

So there is Samurai bumper protection and Sliplo. The reason I did not choose the Samurai is that it does change the looks of the car a bit. As I have mentioned, I want my car to look as stock as possible. So I decided to find out more about Sliplo. The product is entirely new in the market and I being me, is still very sceptical about the performance of this.

Luckily for me, I do know a few workshops in Singapore. And so happen that Gabriel (boss of a workshop in Yishun), do distribute Sliplo. I called him and enquired about the product, and he invited me over to his workshop for a demo. So I went down and checked out the product.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.00.27 AM.png

At the first look, the protection plate looks like what a clobber use to mend your shoes — nothing fancy thou. However, when Gabriel pass me the protection plate, and I plate with it, I realised it's made out of polyurethane. A type of rubber compound you find in performance engine mounting and shopping cartwheels. You know lah, when is the last time you saw a gone case shopping cart? This type of rubber compound is durable and is flexible too!

giphy.gif

The reason why the shape of the protection plate made like this is that it can weave into a different shape.

The installation is easy. You can even DIY if you are up for it. However, to access your undercarriage, you need a scissor lift or a car jack to jack up the car. Moreover, also Gabriel told me that he would thoroughly wash the car and prep the car to make sure the specially formulated adhesive by 3M is performing optimally. Yeah. Is that easy. You go down your car, peel the sticker off, use your art & craft hand and weave the shape of the protection plate to the shape of your bumper. Also, at the endpoint, you might need sharp scissors to cut the excess off.

attachicon.gifIMG_1212.jpg

Gabriel is generous enough to let me tried a small portion as I haven't respray my car yet. My bumper is in a severely lousy condition.

And that's it. After installing, you can't tell the difference! It is stealthy enough. Also, that is one of the things I like about this.

giphy.gif

One thing for sure, the next time if my car needs a tow, I wouldn't be so paranoid if they drag my car anymore.

*This is not a sponsored ads, so I didn't mention anything about the workshop. Everything I have shared is my point of view. If you are keen, you can PM me. I am more than willing to share with you the contact of the boss.

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Hi Bro!

Totally! if you are up for the game. But then hor, after I tried the product, unless you are driving a tall SUV (which you might never get to encounter and scratching) if not, it is kinda difficult to reach down and paste it. Usually dumper the shape is curve differently according to the car shape, so Need a bit of skill to paste it nicely. 

And one more thing you need to take note is that the adhesive is just a 3M tape. So you need to prep your car before you stick. If not, I will assume there is a chance it will fell off. 

How much $$$, izzit DIY ?? (looks like can)

Actually I just put a kind of thick black adhesive cloth tape below front bumper and just like change it once every year when got "kenna" kerbs...... nowadays most cars front damn low , back height is fine , usually 

• Praise 1

(edited)

The fabric type of tape is quite flexible and "tack" is strong, anyway the roll is like less than $2/- a roll and can use for other things in the house , basically its to prevent scratches on the front bumper base which peoples eyes cannot see so easily but some can be seen... anyways this PVC cloth repair tapes come in about 6-8 colours and 2 inches wide; i'm attaching a silver and black one (both I use for my cars bumper)

Hi Bro!

Totally! if you are up for the game. But then hor, after I tried the product, unless you are driving a tall SUV (which you might never get to encounter and scratching) if not, it is kinda difficult to reach down and paste it. Usually dumper the shape is curve differently according to the car shape, so Need a bit of skill to paste it nicely.

And one more thing you need to take note is that the adhesive is just a 3M tape. So you need to prep your car before you stick. If not, I will assume there is a chance it will fell off.

post-157298-0-52870600-1564556766_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

Internal Moderator

Nice! nothing wrong using duct tape! haha.

The fabric type of tape is quite flexible and "tack" is strong, anyway the roll is like less than $2/- a roll and can use for other things in the house , basically its to prevent scratches on the front bumper base which peoples eyes cannot see so easily but some can be seen... anyways this PVC cloth repair tapes come in about 6-8 colours and 2 inches wide; i'm attaching a silver and black one (both I use for my cars bumper)

Actually correct also it just adds in more drop and as it is the lower part of the bumper got quite a number of joints too which are just like plastic clips on each other part and one part dented other parts start to limp down like a kopitiam  plastic bag dangling       

Frankly i still cannot see how that thingy can protect the bumper in any way.

• Praise 3

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2019-07-31 johor custom hump - Google Search.png

giphy.gif

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.00.27 AM.png

giphy.gif

attachicon.gifIMG_1212.jpg

giphy.gif

Yes this is wayyyyy much better. Surprised this product not widely spread in SG yet.

Gab is the man!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

How about get a worn used tyre.

Cut it up, straighten it and attached to your bumper ?

Oh wait. it will be called a bumper car. [laugh]

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1