Preeti/Subhas Nair 'offensive' music video saga.

Cheesey74

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/music-video-by-preetipls-has-crossed-the-line-by-insulting-chinese-people-shanmugam-111831135.html

Imo... a pair of attention seekers playing the racist cards again.

Might as well we go complain why last time gurmit singh act as pck.

Now like every small small thing nia n there will be clowns quick to jump onto the racial discrimination wagon.

For tis saga, i gotta agreed with Shanmugam liao.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

i oso dun know wat happened exactly too but heard Shan talk so long and looked very firm during the interview on CNN today morning, was like talking like a robot (no emo) 

• Praise 1

i oso dun know wat happened exactly too but heard Shan talk so long and looked very firm during the interview on CNN today morning, was like talking like a robot (no emo)

Did you mean CNA? CNN bother to get him meh?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/music-video-by-preetipls-has-crossed-the-line-by-insulting-chinese-people-shanmugam-111831135.html

Now like every small small thing nia n there will be clowns quick to jump onto the racial discrimination wagon.

Never heard of these 2 clowns until this. They look like small time wannabes

Got famous for the wrong reason...

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)

they made the video in retailiation to the epay advert by mediacorp.

going back to the epay advert, i don't find anything offensive about it.  like you say, gurmit singh also cross dressed as chinese before in pck.  what's wrong with zhou cross dress as indian or malay?

do we have a lot of people that thinks like michael jackson, who preferred to be seen as white-skinned rather than his born skin colour?

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 3

going back to the epay advert, i don't find anything offensive about it. like you say, gurmit singh also cross dressed as chinese before in pck. what's wrong with zhou cross dress as indian or malay?

Have you seen the BBC comedy series "mind your language"?

If shown today, it will cause a uproar on racism.

Social norms sometimes change.. not saying right or wrong. It just happens and conflict emerges.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)

Social norms sometimes change.. not saying right or wrong. It just happens and conflict emerges.

i don't know what's with norms and kicking up a fuss, especially when it takes to denying one's inborn skin colour.

these days, are there much more people that thinks like michael jackson?

to be honest, i enjoy watching "mind your language" and lots of people too at that time......it isn't aired now, so i can't be sure how people of current era will take to it.

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 1

i don't know what's with norms and kicking up a fuss, especially when it takes to denying one's inborn skin colour.

to be honest, i enjoy watching "mind your language" and lots of people too at that time......it isn't aired now, so i can't be sure how people of current era will take to it.

I don't think I fully catch what you mean. But "black face", while common in the past in western countries, is considered exteemly offensive now. The same process could be taking place here wrt brown face.

I think the world was more tolerant and cross cultural melting pot back in the 60's/70s'

Still enjoy watching it till today even- mind your language.... especially when the Paki,Singh clash and the blurr Bangla woman in between sometimes and between the Jap and Chinese lady 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Thats why these overly sensitive and so called "english" educated ppl is jiak ba bo sai pang... one ad can think so much and link to the racism crap. No originality only copy the ang moh culture.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

I don't think I fully catch what you mean. But "black face", while common in the past in western countries, is considered exteemly offensive now. The same process could be taking place here wrt brown face.

i mean the ad only factually depict the skin colour of the different races and it invokes condemnation, i can only imagine they don't like that colour as being depicted of their skin colour or they think the colour is inaccurately depicting their own.  my statement was surmising the situation for the former case.

even if it was the latter case, they should be realistic that tones of same colour vary, and it would be ludicrous to kick up a fuss when they take the ad too personally.

i understand the background behind "black" taboo in usa.  but in singapore, if there was a taboo about "brown" face, i don't understand how it can come about especially when it is the natural skin colour of that race.

Soli Soli  CNA, come to MCF too much KNN so typo also CNN  [laugh]

Did you mean CNA? CNN bother to get him meh?

I think the world was more tolerant and cross cultural melting pot back in the 60's/70s'

Still enjoy watching it till today even- mind your language.... especially when the Paki,Singh clash and the blurr Bangla woman in between sometimes and between the Jap and Chinese lady

Muayhahahah

And the Spaniard who acts like he understands the lesson but replies Por Favor?

Yes that was a really cool sitcom and would still be nice to watch today

going back to the epay advert, i don't find anything offensive about it.  like you say, gurmit singh also cross dressed as chinese before in pck.  what's wrong with zhou cross dress as indian or malay?

do we have a lot of people that thinks like michael jackson, who preferred to be seen as white-skinned rather than his born skin colour?

mediacorp want save money, hire one person and ask him to dress as other race in one package   [laugh]

Supercharged

mediacorp want save money, hire one person and ask him to dress as other race in one package   [laugh]

yes, an advert is just something to rouse people interest in a light hearted way.  instead of viewing it light heartedly, these people viewed it with heavy heart.  start to complain the colour is not correct or it is wrong or offensive to depict that colour....

even people within same race or brothers within the same family will have different shades of the same skin colour......how to expect an advert to depict a skin colour that is representing all in the same race?

Supercharged

I think he is not cheaper than 4 tom dick harry from different races. 

• Praise 1

Thats why these overly sensitive and so called "english" educated ppl is jiak ba bo sai pang... one ad can think so much and link to the racism crap. No originality only copy the ang moh culture.

Seriously nowadays too much jiak ba bo sai pang pattern individuals trying to act atas in sg, simi sai also say racist here n there, luckily the " regardless of race, langauage or religion" culture still strong in most of us n that's why i love sg the most, besides the food lah.. heee.

Seriously nowadays too much jiak ba bo sai pang pattern individuals trying to act atas in sg, simi sai also say racist here n there, luckily the " regardless of race, langauage or religion" culture still strong in most of us n that's why i love sg the most, besides the food lah.. heee.

our own top ppl start this bullsh--. [knife]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1