Preeti/Subhas Nair 'offensive' music video saga.

Cheesey74

This is the next generation where youtubers and influencers (what kinda crappy occupation is that?) jump at any and every opportunity to secure views and likes.

These are the attention seekers. The so-called YouTubers or KOLs are just a bunch of hot air.

The ad had something to say.

This preetiugly foks just wanna say something.

The bright side is we can take them as a learning lesson to be smart and not be a retard.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Juz as well it was shanmugam that called out these two goondus

If it was a chinese ministar, they will realli cry farder marder

when the indian flag tearer tore up SG flag, I dont see the duo creating a rap video.

Wonder if sedition act will kick in, or another slap on the wrist for the duo on these rap video?

After all, the news did indicate that the sister had an earlier incident. Yet, the duo was still engage for a National Day song composition.

Lets hope they can moved on as its an immature mistake. They still have a life time in Singapore. You cant just revoke their citizenship.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Authorities shud just ban black face or brown facing. Make it illegal. Cut out all these needless crap man

• Praise 1

Authorities shud just ban black face or brown facing. Make it illegal. Cut out all these needless crap man

you mean restrict or ban all non chinese from ad using only real races?

Turbocharged

you mean restrict or ban all non chinese from ad using only real races?

Yes...ban this brownfacing thing once and for all..include this in the legislation

Btw i like ur post on the indian guy tearing up his singapore shirt to reveal the indian flag...i agree with u..why no rap beedeo??

Edited by Kyrios

Supersonic

No need lah

That's the slippery slope of racial segregation that we see in bolehland. Not something we should condone here

Maybe send these two goondus there and let them do their racist rap all they want. If they're lucky, they may be invited to perform naked squats instead of NDP...

This entire thread was my breakfast read. It used to be Straits Times but that went into the toilet. Its quite clear racial lines have been drawn and positions taken with posters aggressively demanding specific retorts (rebuttals). You think you are in court dealing with facts ar? This is personal opinions and experiences we are talking about here and we all have our own growing-up experience. We should never forget our heritage - we all did our 2nd language/mother tongue classes. If the G wanted to bleach us all to be Singaporeans only they could have. But they chose to leave that in and deal with the delicate balance of co-existence of being Singaporeans-first and Chinese/Malay/Indian/Others second. 

Just remember the colour of your skin does not define who you can be - when cut, all our blood still bleeds red. Same for the other guy with another colour, so give respect and get respect. 

Help your fellow Singaporeans. I leave you all with this. 

https://www.facebook.com/MothershipSG/videos/491218761643547/

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 10

New to this saga, is Preeti the lady that fight and broke the car side mirror?

nope. the lady you mentioned is a road rage case.  the race, if i correctly guess so, is malay.

this preeti is indian......she teamed up with his brother to do a video slamming chinese (with F word) and government.  it was in retailiation for a seemingly innocuous epay advertisement from nets and done by mediacorp and havas.

True blue singaporeans never see themselves split between races or religion. They will not give a 2nd glance of this, and focus on the task at hand. There are more pertinent issues in life than a stupid ad and a stupid video.

But.. but...

Tharman can be prime minister?

only halimah can be president?

I'm sure it was specifically dictated by our ministers wor.... 2 wongs also don't make a white..

• Praise 1

But.. but...

Tharman can be prime minister?

only halimah can be president?

I'm sure it was specifically dictated by our ministers wor.... 2 wongs also don't make a white..

I do not think Singaporeans get a choice who becomes their prime minister, nor president.

Opinions are heard, action taken or not is another story.

Singaporeans are generally a humble lot, sometimes they make abit of noise, but generally accepting for the greater good.

• Praise 1

This entire thread was my breakfast read. It used to be Straits Times but that went into the toilet. Its quite clear racial lines have been drawn and positions taken with posters aggressively demanding specific retorts (rebuttals). You think you are in court dealing with facts ar? This is personal opinions and experiences we are talking about here and we all have our own growing-up experience. We should never forget our heritage - we all did our 2nd language/mother tongue classes. If the G wanted to bleach us all to be Singaporeans only they could have. But they chose to leave that in and deal with the delicate balance of co-existence of being Singaporeans-first and Chinese/Malay/Indian/Others second.

Just remember the colour of your skin does not define who you can be - when cut, all our blood still bleeds red. Same for the other guy with another colour, so give respect and get respect.

Help your fellow Singaporeans. I leave you all with this.

https://www.facebook.com/MothershipSG/videos/491218761643547/

When i first heard Datuk Ramli Sarip singing the national anthem on radio, i thought that it was a weird rendition.

But seeing the video, damn.. He really put his heart and soul into his performance and it blew me away.

• Praise 4

When i first heard Datuk Ramli Sarip singing the national anthem on radio, i thought that it was a weird rendition.

But seeing the video, damn.. He really put his heart and soul into his performance and it blew me away.

Exactly. We take words on the internet and read the worst from it. How many of us really put in the effort to get to know our fellow Singaporeans? Understand grows empathy and that goes a long way.
  • Praise 2

Just to consolidate the general views here which I concur 100%. We don't like angmos playing fake Chinese characters in Hollywood movies (should we also ban such Hollywood movies?) but we don't go make a video calling all angmos KKK members.
  • Praise 2

Should I be concerned if I feel gov too heavy handed on individuals who by nature of their occupation should be given some artistic license in a song medium that parodies a racial undercurrent that may actually speak to their own personal frustration as a minority in a country where people of likely racial majority still make jabs and wordplays at race in open Internet forums?

These 2 kukus clearly crossed the line..

Let’s not kid ourselves on the basis of artistic freedom..

We have come so far n we dun need these 2 jokers to test the unity of Singaporeans..

Really fxcktards..

• Praise 10

Exactly. I donât find it offensive in any way.

In fact I feel the ad is meant to be lighthearted, for anyone and everyone, and the use of Chongqing who is a comedic guy just reinforces the lightheartedness of it all.

I wonder why people are so high strung.

My sentiments too. I feel that society more advanced, people more educated, but end up less tolerance. Or are there potential troublemakers or what we called stirrers?
  • Praise 1

My sentiments too. I feel that society more advanced, people more educated, but end up less tolerance. Or are there potential troublemakers or what we called stirrers?

I feel as society get more advanced n people more educated, so do the proliferation of shit stirrer n sjw.

These kind of shit stirrer also tends to look to the west for their democracy guideline aka 崇洋媚外 but they fail to realize the days of amdk are already over, judging from the infux of amdk eating cai png at heartland kopitiam..  haaa.

• Praise 4

my view exactly.  i feel a lot of the people who are blasting the advertisers of epay ad are actually proliferating lower tolerance by minorities, fanning their entitled sentiment or even worse, contribute to spawning of more sh1t stirrer.

i have been debating with my brother who took the different stand from me.  that minorities ought to be accorded special protection against any words, advertisements, video etc because of the disadvantaged position they are in the and the pain they suffer.  he said, the more society is ready to talk about it and censure these people dishing out the brownface brouhaha, it makes the society a better place to live in.

i actually think the opposite.  they are making a small group of entitled mentality people lodge police report at the slightest indignation. as proven, this epay ad's first reaction was a police report lodged by a minority.  the more we lower the standards of what constitutes racism, the more trigger happy are this small group of people and the society is worse off, because it becomes everyone just experience the stress, tread carefully and do not want to talk anything about race, lest it is deemed offensive by the small group of people with entitled mentality.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7