Feeling a little bit emo...

SiLangKia

Aiyo mai so emo lah young man.

I'm no love doctor but in time, you will realise that relationships that didn't work out were probably for good reasons.  I've dated some of the wildest and hottest girls when younger and my wife is not top on that list (shhhhhh... keep secret hor). In retrospect, i'm really glad those relationships didn't work out coz otherwise i wouldn't have a great mentor, a nurturing mother of my son and the woman to support my success and watch my back.

Meeting the woman of your life is much more than just a show to your peers and being the envy of others, although it may seem very important at a certain age. Not trying to be cliche but there are many things in life that are not within your control so just take it easy and good things may come your way because you're not so obsessed about it.

And of course, there are many avenues for quick happy endings as the other bros have kindly suggested here LOLLL

Glad that you found an awesome life partner bro! Don't worry it's a secret here hahahah

From where I stand now, of course abit emo but I know it's for the better and i gotta start looking ahead. I'm trying to view life from different perspectives now and reflect, and take things easy  [laugh]

never know, maybe she was THE ONE that he missed? his life going to be miserable from now on  [laugh]  [laugh]

................. joking only  [grin]

Could be? maybe it was, maybe not, But it's ok la can't cry over spilt milk ma hahaha 

You never know what you didn't have. But for better or worse no one knows lol

That's true, but I'm an optimist so i choose to think it's for better :)

So many advices bec most of them kana the same shit in their life b4

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Love this point..

Meeting the woman of your life is much more than just a show to your peers and being the envy of others, although it may seem very important at a certain age. Not trying to be cliche but there are many things in life that are not within your control so just take it easy and good things may come your way because you're not so obsessed about it.

I used to go nuts over a lady who looked like Ryoko Hirosue...

But I'm glad that didn't work out...

My life could have been far more complicated and messy..

000233.jpg

You just need to get a girlfriend and have sex many times a day.

Marry her, give birth to many kids, and you won't have much time to "contemplate about stuff" anymore. [laugh]

Hahahaha no money leh ... next time la.. but true haha will be too tired to contemplate  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

Problem is when you have had it and lost it.

Can spend a whole life time regretting also.

True. but must move on eventually if not it will be a vicious cycle of pain 

• Praise 2

Love this point..

000233.jpg

But it could also be better.

It’s always What If...

Anyone seen the movie Family Man with Nicholas Cage? Good show.

It’s always What If...

I shall go watch it hahaha! I guess there will always be What Ifs in life, but if you keep thinking of what you could have and lose focus on what you have right now, you may end up not enjoying what you have! Idk if it makes sense haha

Love this point..

000233.jpg

Glad you realised and didn't try to hang on and persist! 

• Praise 1

I shall go watch it hahaha! I guess there will always be What Ifs in life, but if you keep thinking of what you could have and lose focus on what you have right now, you may end up not enjoying what you have! Idk if it makes sense haha

Glad you realised and didn't try to hang on and persist!

Go watch it bro, it’s a good show.

The Family Man. Got a chio actress at that time Téa Leoni.

Anyway, there’s always Bangcock as a backup. Go and enjoy yourself there...haha.

Edited by Fcw75

(edited)

Bro I only met u once.

Just sharing mine: I've also been overwhelmed the past few years. two of which were I didn't have many jobs when I sort of went on project basis. one of which was I had too many timelines to meet, thus sort of stressing me out and waking me in the middle of the night at times. Last year I "resigned" and resumed to project based, which is kinda easier to manage for the not-so-hardworking me. Now, when I feel overwhelming, I just try to look at what I have - able bodied, in reasonably good health, wife, kids, roof over head, spoiled for choice as to what to eat, able to afford a conti car, mobile subscription, Netflix subscription etc. So I suppose at current life is still quite kind to me, even if I dunno what next month earnings will be like..

Must have been really stressful and tough man, happy that you overcame that stage! 

I guess counting your blessings makes you more appreciative of life and that's smth I often overlook haha. i think once I manage to do that, things won't look so terrible afterall and I'd be in a better frame of mind to face my stresses

Go watch it bro, it’s a good show.

The Family Man. Got a chio actress at that time Téa Leoni.

Anyway, there’s always Bangcock as a backup. Go and enjoy yourself there...haha.

Will do!

Oh haha heard of that actress, I think I rmb her from one of the Jurassic Park movies or smth! 

Hahah Bangcock, no la i scared, will find other ways to enjoy hahahahaha

Pls let me know if u need a shoulder to cry , rely cum relax on..

Thanks  :XD: will let you know if I nedd HAAHAHAHAH

A few questions before the xmm intro

How old are you?

How much are you worth?

Mid 20s 

Worth 10 cents nia no need intro la hahahah I peasant

Cheer up. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Or some thing great is waiting at the other end.

I too was damn sian with my work and took the plunge and called it quits. Enjoying my current jobless status. [laugh]

Thanks bro! I believe there is and I do look forward to it hahahaha

Glad that you're taking a radical new path and enjoying what life has to offer:)

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 4

It’s always What If...

An interesting movie bro, maybe I'm a cynic, but they don't talk about the day to day stuff, money issues, etc

And of course, if the alternate to a corporate world is Tea Leoni... I think that's not a hard choice ;)

If you had a world full of cash, OR a simple happy life (gotta to be happy with it, and satisfied with simple), and your wife looked like this...

It's a no brainer bro 

kashara-031.png

Or if steaks don't suit, there's still xiao long bao:

300px-LiuYiFei.jpg

In reality, the girl we marry may grow fat, become short tempered or is a lot less than what we expected.. but life doesn't end there. 

If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade was the expression?

In the end, stay positive and things can only get better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWfE4DAyao

For family movies, here's one that caught my eye long ago...

It was also a true reconciliation for the Fondas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UA-K99wma8

• Praise 3

An interesting movie bro, maybe I'm a cynic, but they don't talk about the day to day stuff, money issues, etc

And of course, if the alternate to a corporate world is Tea Leoni... I think that's not a hard choice ;)

If you had a world full of cash, OR a simple happy life (gotta to be happy with it, and satisfied with simple), and your wife looked like this...

It's a no brainer bro

kashara-031.png

300px-LiuYiFei.jpg

In reality, the girl we marry may grow fat, become short tempered or is a lot less than what we expected.. but life doesn't end there.

What's the name of the lady in the second photo bro?

Very pretty and elegant

• Praise 1

Must have been really stressful and tough man, happy that you overcame that stage! 

I guess counting your blessings makes you more appreciative of life and that's smth I often overlook haha. i think once I manage to do that, things won't look so terrible afterall and I'd be in a better frame of mind to face my stresses

Will do!

Oh haha heard of that actress, I think I rmb her from one of the Jurassic Park movies or smth! 

Hahah Bangcock, no la i scared, will find other ways to enjoy hahahahaha

Thanks  :XD: will let you know if I nedd HAAHAHAHAH

Mid 20s 

Worth 10 cents nia no need intro la hahahah I peasant

Thanks bro! I believe there is and I do look forward to it hahahaha

Glad that you're taking a radical new path and enjoying what life has to offer:)

sure it was, having to watch my spending more and constantly battling against tension and anxiety - you can say twas some form of mid-life crisis. i wouldn't say overcome, as we never know when is the next trial due to current market performance. at least at current am breathing somewhat easier. it's not only u who overlooks blessings of life, but me also, at times complaining of how things didn't turn out the way i wished. perhaps that's y we always have many trials, in the hope we might continue to reflect and evolve a better being, though never perfect.

it may not always be for the better, but for better or worse, we still have to get on with life 

• Praise 4

300px-LiuYiFei.jpg

The Xiao Long Bao WOW hahahahaha

Trying to stay positive thank for the life advice hahaha, maybe I'll get some clarity wrt life and direction  after a few drinks hahaha

sure it was, having to watch my spending more and constantly battling against tension and anxiety - you can say twas some form of mid-life crisis. i wouldn't say overcome, as we never know when is the next trial due to current market performance. at least at current am breathing somewhat easier. it's not only u who overlooks blessings of life, but me also, at times complaining of how things didn't turn out the way i wished. perhaps that's y we always have many trials, in the hope we might continue to reflect and evolve a better being, though never perfect.

it may not always be for the better, but for better or worse, we still have to get on with life 

I think it's kinda human nature to tend to forget the good things when we go thru difficult times? and only when we catch ourselves and remind ourselves then we realise?

I do believe that trials are there to refine and mould us and I guess we will always have trials all the way till we kick the bucket / meet RadX

I mean easier said than done wrt getting thru trials cs sometimes just feel damn shitty haha but it's a process for me la 

• Praise 5

(edited)

Have been reflecting over the past 2 months and chanced upon a story that describes tough times, sharing it and my thoughts below HAHAHA :

“A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life, and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it, and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first pot, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.

Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?" "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they got soft. She then asked her to take the egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, she asked her to smell and sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she smelled and tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, "What's the point, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity- boiling water-but each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When trials and adversity knock on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

This got me thinking: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a passive heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside, am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or, am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavour. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you become better and change the situation around you.

When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level?

So, how do you handle adversity?
Like the CARROT, the EGG, OR the COFFEE BEAN?”

That's a story I found, and I realise that in life, sometimes, in fact most times, we are the barriers to overcoming and being an overcomer.

I want to be like the coffee bean, duh, I love coffee xD. On a more serious note, so-called inspiring stories like this get us thinking, but in reality, it is often easier said than done.

When times are bad and you feel like you're at your lowest, it seems almost impossible that circumstances can improve, and that things will change. This is where you need to make a choice, the choice to overcome or to be overcome. We can easily slip into a vicious cycle of being overcome by situations and often, it seems like the easier and more tempting option, but then, there is the other choice, the choice to fight, the choice to not succumb, the choice to look at things from a different perspective, through a different lens.

When you do that, you can see things for more than they are, you can see yourself beyond the situation, and when you make that choice, your mind becomes determined, and that's when you transition from being overcome to being an overcomer. 

No one said that it will be easy, or you won't stumble and fall again, but, if you set your mind on getting up, on not letting circumstances get to you but let you be the change in the circumstance that you want to see, then things become very different.

No matter how bleak and painful life may, seem, especially when faced with the rigour of daily routines and treacherous tasks, and the seeming lack of meaning in the mundane and routine tasks of life or the countless obstacles we face in life, if we see things from a different lens, if, if we make that choice to not be overcome, it is Possible, there is always hope, and hope is something that no one can take away from you, Optimism is something no one can take from you, choosing to be an overcomer is something that no one can take from you, no matter how hard they try.

End of my lame reflection, have a good PH bros! And no matter how expensive your condo is, don't scold the security guard hahahahahaha jkjk

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 10
  • Haha! 5

19 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Optimism is something no one can take from you, choosing to be an overcomer is something that no one can take from you, no matter how hard they try.

Think your English teacher would have some words with you, using this self created word of "overcomer" [laugh]

But ... there's actually a movie called that...

https://www.overcomermovie.com/

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4