EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

Its leicester home thus a draw is rather credible liao for chelsea.

Leicester home? The match was played at Stamford Bridge. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am just not convinced that Lampard is ready for the big clubs yet. He only has something like 2-3 years' of management experience, right? It will not do him much good if he can't succeed. There were a number of famous players who went into management in their early 40s, and after faltering, stayed as a pundit...

Maybe Lampard might be different, and can consult his uncle for some tips to succeed.

ha ha... dowan lah... cannot lose (too many) points, if Pool is hoping to break City's stranglehold on EPL. Last season already no luck when played against Arsenal. Somemore this match at home, better win lah...

i will buy pool win.... so even arsenal lose... i still win  [laugh]

• Praise 3

I am just not convinced that Lampard is ready for the big clubs yet. He only has something like 2-3 years' of management experience, right? It will not do him much good if he can't succeed. There were a number of famous players who went into management in their early 40s, and after faltering, stayed as a pundit...

Maybe Lampard might be different, and can consult his uncle for some tips to succeed.

ha ha... dowan lah... cannot lose (too many) points, if Pool is hoping to break City's stranglehold on EPL. Last season already no luck when played against Arsenal. Somemore this match at home, better win lah...

Frankly, I also think he’s not ready but it is what it is so my point was to give him the time to implement his strategy. Anyway, Chelsea has no choice as they were not able to hire a top Mgr due to the tfr ban. Most top Mgrs were already employed though Max Allegri was available but I think he wants to take a sabbatical.

• Praise 3

I defend Lampard.

His only mistake is to play the kids against Utd in an important PL and play the senior players against a meaningless exhibition match against Pool.

He should have played the first team against Utd and the kids in the exhibition match.

Take the pressure of the kids and at the same time give them some experience.

Now that he has not won a match he puts unnecessary pressure on his team.

Especially the kids.

:D

Pogba head is in Madrid and he is playing for his hero ZZ.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

I watched the EPL review programme last evening.

Takeaway on VAR is that the handball from the City v Spurs game which ruled out the injury time winner was actually due to the new rule change on handball that a goal can’t be scored from a handball directly or indirectly n even if it’s unintentional. So it’s the rule change that caused the goal to be striked off not VAR itself though VAR assisted to identify it.

This rule change came about as there were a few goals scored unintentionally last season via the hand n so it was to correct this injustice but ironically City was on the receiving end of 1 of the handball goals (Llorente/Spurs in UCL game) now find themselves on the other side of the offence. Football can be cruel at times

• Praise 5

He should have played the first team against Utd and the kids in the exhibition match.

Take

that is not some small exhibition match wo.

supercup is a major major 1.

u win that u go to world clubs cup.

the ultimate holy grail. 

which i had to congrate pools, i think they will bring that back to EPL

• Praise 3

It will remain a brutally hard fight among the last season's usual top 6 suspects for the top 4 Epl places.

This season's dark horses - Wolves, Everton, and Leicester?

Surprisingly, Brighton, Sheffield Utd, Bournemouth and Norwich also looks good after 2 games.

Excitement steaming ahead till the international break..... haha

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 1

that is not some small exhibition match wo.

supercup is a major major 1.

u win that u go to world clubs cup.

the ultimate holy grail.

which i had to congrate pools, i think they will bring that back to EPL

I thought Liverpool automatically go world club cup?

Winning the CL is auto entry to play the winner of South America, winner of Africa and winner of Asia?

Chelsea is on par with Liverpool losing on penalties is really nothing.

Anyone could have missed the penalty.

Pool winning on pen doesn't mean they outclass Chelsea.

• Praise 1

People criticize Philip Coutinho.

But leaving Pool his salary increase from 100k to 250k a week and he won La Liga Champions medal.

This year it's quite likely he will win a Bundesliga medal and very likely German Cup medal too.

How bad does that sound?

• Praise 1

I thought Liverpool automatically go world club cup?

Winning the CL is auto entry to play the winner of South America, winner of Africa and winner of Asia?

Chelsea is on par with Liverpool losing on penalties is really nothing.

Anyone could have missed the penalty.

Pool winning on pen doesn't mean they outclass Chelsea.

Yes u r right, regardless of the Super Cup win; Pool will represent Europe in the World Club Cup. Super Cup is like the Community Shield of Europe ie the curtain raiser to the season proper.

With all due respect, League, FA Cup, League Cup, UCL n UEL are the main trophies cos they are proper competitions which involves at least 5 rounds of competition or more. 1 off trophies like Community Shield, Super Cup n even World Club Cup shldnt he counted in my opinion. WCC does have more than 1 match but it’s still a closed competition.

• Praise 4

It will remain a brutally hard fight among the last season's usual top 6 suspects for the top 4 Epl places.

This season's dark horses - Wolves, Everton, and Leicester?

Surprisingly, Brighton, Sheffield Utd, Bournemouth and Norwich also looks good after 2 games.

Excitement steaming ahead till the international break..... haha

• Praise 3

I watched the EPL review programme last evening.

Takeaway on VAR is that the handball from the City v Spurs game which ruled out the injury time winner was actually due to the new rule change on handball that a goal can’t be scored from a handball directly or indirectly n even if it’s unintentional. So it’s the rule change that caused the goal to be striked off not VAR itself though VAR assisted to identify it.

This rule change came about as there were a few goals scored unintentionally last season via the hand n so it was to correct this injustice but ironically City was on the receiving end of 1 of the handball goals (Llorente/Spurs in UCL game) now find themselves on the other side of the offence. Football can be cruel at times

• Praise 3

I agree it looks like it’s going to be a closer League this year n strong possibility of Everton, Wolves or Leicester penetrating the top 6 n that’s why I hope the Pool v Gunners game ends in a draw so that no team has a 100% record. Don’t want to see teams reaching close to 100pts as that would mean they absolutely dominate the League which we are always so critical of Bundesliga n even La Liga but seems it has crept into EPL as well.

Got to agree to disagree with you on this coming sat LFC vs Arse fixture.

At home in Anfield Klopp has to win this game because the return trip will not be easy.

Tight game perhaps; but the 12th man at Anfield probably will give pool the little edge to cross the line. 

Win 3 points. No other option.

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 2

Got to agree to disagree with you on this coming sat LFC vs Arse fixture.

At home in Anfield Klopp has to win this game because the return trip will not be easy.

Tight game perhaps; but the 12th man at Anfield probably will give pool the little edge to cross the line.

Win 3 points. No other option.

• Praise 3

Pool definitely the favourites for sure. My hope was from neutral standpoint so as to make the League table compact rather than like last season the top 2 were 25pts ahead of 3rd!

i bet this season still a 2 horses race between pool and man c [;)]

• Praise 2

I believe so as well as clearly the 2 squads are superior to the rest but it’s not healthy for a League to have 2nd place team to finish 25pts clear from 3rd place. Not City or Pool’s fault for sure but for the rest to pull up their socks. Spurs have gotten a point off City so I’m hoping for Gunners to do likewise at Pool.

Even if it does end up 2 horse race, let the points margin be single digit to 3rd place. I was one of those people who ridiculed Bundesliga n La Liga for having this kind of points margin before but last season the 2 Leagues were much closer compared to EPL.

• Praise 4

Too early for the jury's verdict for now.

Every other clubs will devise ways of countering whatever dominant club's play - MC, Pool, ManU or even Arsenal's  methodology.

Instant punishment for slightest errors. Or technically missing out on penalties or not converting.

Look at how Brighton, Sheffield Utd and Norwich play. Quite amazing yet contrasting way of grinding and squeezing results.

The sky will be clearer by first half  end of season imho.

• Praise 4

Too early for the jury's verdict for now.

Every other clubs will devise ways of countering whatever dominant club's play - MC, Pool, ManU or even Arsenal's methodology.

Instant punishment for slightest errors. Or technically missing out on penalties or not converting.

Look at how Brighton, Sheffield Utd and Norwich play. Quite amazing yet contrasting way of grinding and squeezing results.

The sky will be clearer by first half end of season imho.

This season will be defined by VAR..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3