EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

4 hours ago, Spring said:

Spurs have some issues with those guys on final year of contract ie Vertonghen, Eriksen n Toby. The first 2 not even chosen for first X1 though Eriksen did come on as sub. There seems some disunity behind the scenes. 

Chelsea has a young team which is settling in to a new Mgr with a new system. 

Arsenal seem ok but their defensive issues seem same esp against Pool in last match. 

United I don’t know what’s the problem as they moved on some players n signed 3 good players. 

In short, yes 4 of the top 6 playing below par n so looks like they will be fighting again for 3rd/4th n possibly Leicester or Wolves might give these 4 a fight as well. 

Quite apt, these.

Spurs did brilliant last season without buying any player, but did lose steam towards the end. They've come a long way on a meagre budget for v long. Not sure if they were lucky or what, but they managed to develop or acquire (some very) good players for peanuts. Surely this type of luck will not continue forever.

United... few could pinpoint what caused it to crumple so badly last season, and i suspect few will be surprised that it'll likely take a while more before they can get back up to the top - remember that the manager is also not a very experienced one with good track record. Pogba's situation doesn't help obviously. Think the atmosphere within the team can't be too good, when there were/are so many unhappy players.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Spurs have some issues with those guys on final year of contract ie Vertonghen, Eriksen n Toby. The first 2 not even chosen for first X1 though Eriksen did come on as sub. There seems some disunity behind the scenes. 

Chelsea has a young team which is settling in to a new Mgr with a new system. 

Arsenal seem ok but their defensive issues seem same esp against Pool in last match. 

United I don’t know what’s the problem as they moved on some players n signed 3 good players. 

In short, yes 4 of the top 6 playing below par n so looks like they will be fighting again for 3rd/4th n possibly Leicester or Wolves might give these 4 a fight as well. 

Spurs player transfer is managed directly by Daniel Levy. Poch has no control n little say - too bad the lowdown will be problem in the football pitch. Aside Vertonghen, Eriksen n Toby's contract isssues, they have lost Tripper to Atletico Madrid. So far team play seems to be less flowing and somewhat lacking in intensity.

Chelsea is affected by the transfer ban; so Lampard is actually the best coach choice from amongst the various candidates available.

Arsenal's Emery Unai is progressing well imo. Indeed he is trying to weed out marginal and non performing players given the team he inherited last year. New players like Pepe and Luiz (cheap n experienced) should give them a fighting chance for top 4.

Man U's new coach OGS (or whoever) will need at least another season to make a proper clearout due to the excesses of overhyped or past-prime players (eg Alexis Sanchez, Rojo etc) signed during JM's time or earlier. Unsettled players eg Pogba,  Sanchez, Fred and even Matic is giving Man Utd lots of headaches and pains.

Based on players movements and transfers done during this window, Man City and Liverpool looks relatively stable and steady and therefore should do well provided no major injury surprises other than the early calf injury suffered by Alisson Becker.

• Praise 4

On 8/27/2019 at 10:50 PM, cashcow said:

Chelsea is affected by the transfer ban; so Lampard is actually the best coach choice from amongst the various candidates available.

he is still far from being the best. (winning only by 1 goal and throw on a 18 years old?? )

what is he thinking, not like chelsea got totally no players available, tones of experience capped player to chose from.

if he is not a chelsea legend, i think the fans already turn on him.

how many games does zouma need to prove to him he cannot play first team. haiz.

the only positive from chelsea poor result is many of the top clubs is also strugging.

see who can climb out of the mud faster.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

he is still far from being the best. (winning only by 1 goal and throw on a 18 years old?? )

what is he thinking, not like chelsea got totally no players available, tones of experience capped player to chose from.

the only positive from chelsea poor result is many of the top clubs is also strugging.

Actually he has the most goodwill banked with the fans, which he can still draw on. On top of that, he knows the owner, staff and setup well

Since Klopp joined pool in 2015, Chelsea is already onto their forth managers. Not to say these managers are not good, just that the culture of the club is to expect instant success and does not give the the manager time to cycle thru a few transfer windows to get their right players.

Managers are  also reluctant to blood their young players until this ban

The platform is there, Lampard, for all his deficiencies should be given the space and time to build. 

Edited by Cauldron
  • Praise 5

16 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Unlikely top 8 after 4 games ....  [smash]

First 2 no need to says.....

3rd : Leicester

4th  : Crystal Palace

5th  : Arsenal

6th  : Everton

7th  : West Ham

8th  : ManU

:a-toast:

U very bad leh... u saying u are surprised Man U so high up like LC and CP?

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Wyfitms said:

U very bad leh... u saying u are surprised Man U so high up like LC and CP?

:secret-laugh:

No lar, I expect much higher (at last 3rd) cos they trash Spurs 4 - 0 in first game..... :we-all-gonna-die:

and a very young team they had .... :a-good:

The lost to CP at home game brought them down.... :shy:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Unlikely top 8 after 4 games ....  [smash]

First 2 no need to says.....

3rd : Leicester

4th  : Crystal Palace

5th  : Arsenal

6th  : Everton

7th  : West Ham

8th  : ManU

:a-toast:

Spurs and Chelsea not even in the list!

• Praise 4

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, Beregond said:

To be fair to Lampard, Kovacic being withdrawn due to him being tired as per the Mgr meant that a midfielder needed to be thrown in. The only midfielder on the bench was the youngster Gilmour. Giroud, Christensen, Alonso are not midfielders though perhaps Christensen could have come on to do a shielding role in front of the defence as Chelsea were still leading then but Lampard mindset is on high press and perhaps he is guilty of being to gung ho but that's his DNA.

Chelsea have a few midfielders out thru injury like Loftus Cheek and Kante so his hands are somewhat tied as well.

Anyway, u got to be patient with him as this season is a learning process for Lampard, the young players and the club as well if they want to blood their academy players. The Blues have been accused of not being patient and nvr giving youth a chance and as now they are being forced to do so, it could be a turning point for them so fans have to be patient.

Trouble with Chelsea is that they are the second most successful club in the Premier League era after Man United and I think they have a record of winning a trophy in 11 of the last 15 seasons something like that hence spoilt for success and so patience is not their virtue.......... 

• Praise 3

30 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

U posting Arsenal squad as the youngest? Not really a surprise to me but what I found surprising is that value wise, Man United only 5th most valued?

Considering they have signed some expensive players over the past few seasons, they rank rather low but then again maybe this value is current?

• Praise 5

Poor Lampard

Play the old birds people will say never give youth a chance. 

Play the young players and people will say never play the experience players. 

The problem is not the manager but the fans that don't understand what the manager is doing. 

:D

They should have never given the job to Lampard. 

They should have hired the fans who know more about football then the manager. Know a lot more. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

The fans that know the most about football is Liverpool fans. 

Since Rodgers time the fans ask for 2 wingers, a centre back and a goal keepers. 

Klopp listened and got Salah, Mane, VVD and Alisson.

Look where they are now. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

U posting Arsenal squad as the youngest? Not really a surprise to me but what I found surprising is that value wise, Man United only 5th most valued?

Considering they have signed some expensive players over the past few seasons, they rank rather low but then again maybe this value is current?

I read that article. 

It's not the value they paid for the players that is calculated. 

It's the market value of the team today. 

So they paid 40 or 50 million for Fred but today value is maybe 20 or 25 million. 

• Praise 1

I really blame Jose for bringing down Man Utd. 

He got Sanchez for 500,000 pounds a week to sit on the bench. 

And when United wanted to get VVD Jose told them not to get him. 

It's like Jose just wanted to screw United from the inside. 

It's like he was a secret Chelsea manager who pretended to be United manager. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I read that article. 

It's not the value they paid for the players that is calculated. 

It's the market value of the team today. 

So they paid 40 or 50 million for Fred but today value is maybe 20 or 25 million. 

You mean they kenna chopped carrot for Fred who value now 20 ~ 25 million ... :slow: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1