EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

England and France qualified for Euro 2020 by beating Montenegro 7-0 and Moldova 2-1 respectively. Big boys Germany, Holland and Portugal have yet to qualify though they are expected to do so.

Italy, Belgium, Czech, Poland, Russia. Spain, Turkey and Ukraine are the other confirmed qualifiers so far. Total of 24 teams will participate next year.

• Praise 6

Yes big mistake to sack Pochettino in my opinion and it will be add insult to injury if JM replaces him. Completely opposite DNA as he spends a lot, doesn't promote youth and with pragmatic tactics. The only plus point JM has is that he is almost guaranteed silverware which I suppose Spurs crave for.

Let's see who comes in though I would personally plump for Ancelotti and possibly Eddie Howe. Brendon Rogers also could be in the running.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Did you mean Posh out?

Or JM in?

For the former, the writing has been on the board for a while. Not becos Posh deserves the sacking - far from it - but cos Posh himself has been unhappy for years.

All this cos Levy doesn't wanna cough out $$, while Posh was ambitious and wanna bring Spurs to another level, which requires $$.

This has been on-going for so long, that it's taken for granted that it'll continue... but it was not to be, finally...

Coach unsettled, players unsettled, bad results... a recipe for disaster.

confirmed it's Spurs' loss, but Levy is so used to it, that he'll hope that at some point, some good deal will happen, and he'll benefit by not paying a cent more...

All the best to Posh. Hope he goes to RM.

• Praise 5

38 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yes big mistake to sack Pochettino in my opinion and it will be add insult to injury if JM replaces him. Completely opposite DNA as he spends a lot, doesn't promote youth and with pragmatic tactics. The only plus point JM has is that he is almost guaranteed silverware which I suppose Spurs crave for.

Let's see who comes in though I would personally plump for Ancelotti and possibly Eddie Howe. Brendon Rogers also could be in the running.

Br is in better place. Spur now has an old and toxic squad atm. Miser chairman. 

A bit like gunners transition. Creaky Boat taking water. First have to keep the boat afloat before taking about next destination 

Edited by Cauldron

5 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Br is in better place. Spur now has an old and toxic squad atm. Miser chairman. 

A bit like gunners transition. Creaky Boat taking water. First have to keep the boat afloat before taking about next destination 

gunners transition is an excuse .... this is the 2nd season and most of team are emery purchases.... 

if RM don't want poch, i think arsenal should try for him

• Praise 3

Sack Poch not a serious mistake 

Get JM as replacement is a very serious mistake...he’d ask for even more money than Poch had...

Spurs style not going to be attractive to watch if....plenty of bus depots here in Singapore 

• Praise 3

The sacking of Poch to me is a mistake on the part of Spurs Management. Since the appointment of Poch, despite working a shoestring budget, he has brought the team to the Champions League Finals in 2018/2019 and you can see his younger players developing into very good players.

The results this season so far for Spurs may be disappointing but is Poch the reason for it? In my opinion, he has done well given the very limited budget he has to work with and the management should have the faith in him to continue.

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, 209752648026519 said:

The sacking of Poch to me is a mistake on the part of Spurs Management. Since the appointment of Poch, despite working a shoestring budget, he has brought the team to the Champions League Finals in 2018/2019 and you can see his younger players developing into very good players.

The results this season so far for Spurs may be disappointing but is Poch the reason for it? In my opinion, he has done well given the very limited budget he has to work with and the management should have the faith in him to continue.

Agreed...and I feel Poch deserves a better club with good management. Spurs players and fans will surely miss him much...especially so if JM comes marching in...

• Praise 1

Ungrateful Spurs. Poch plays attacking football and are European champions runner up. For 2 years he has no money to spend and over achieved.

George Graham was famous for Arsenal not many people know him as the Spurs manager because he played boring defensive football.

History has repeated itself again. Mou is the wrong choice for an attacking side like Spurs. 

I really feel bad for Spurs fans. They don't deserve this. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1