EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

On 12/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Othello said:

haha, you all sound like Arsenal is some cushy job up for snatch. Bayern Munich is also looking. And at the end of the season, maybe ManU, ManC (Pep seems to be walking towards the end of his tenure liao) and others have vacancies

There are serious fundamental structural flaws in Arsenal at the moment. Any incoming manager/coach have to have a strong character and identity. 

poch - unlikely. There are much bigger fishes out there. 

Allegri - From Juv to Arse ? I think not. 

Ancelotti - imo, he's a short term fix nia.

Seriously, how about Eddie Howe or Rodgers or that Wolves mgr ? Provided the board must back them gao gao. And please, no more haphazard buying of players!! 

This season, I strongly believe they did buy well rather than haphazardly buying players

Purely emery issue ...

Though arteta did not win the first 2 matches but the way we played looks like old arsenal

Surprised what he did in 10 days, hopefully is not new manager syndrome lol

↡ Advertisement

FA Cup 4th round draw:

Watford or Tranmere vs Wolves or Man United
Hull City vs Chelsea
Southampton vs Middlesbrough or Tottenham
QPR vs Sheffield Wednesday
Bournemouth vs Arsenal or Leeds United
Northampton Town vs Derby County
Brentford vs Leicester City
Millwall vs Sheffield United
Reading or Blackpool vs Cardiff or Carlisle
West Ham vs West Brom
Burnley vs Norwich
Bristol Rovers or Coventry vs Birmingham
Man City vs Fulham
Rochdale or Newcastle vs Oxford United
Portsmouth vs Barnsley
Bristol City or Shrewsbury vs Liverpool

To be played CNY weekend. Big boys all avoided each other so no real stand out tie.

Bournemouth vs Arsenal the only confirmed all EPL tie so far. 

• Praise 6

13 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

4 points separate 5th and 14th. Magpies for europe.

no fans expect pools fan got mood to talk about EPL

all the team playing like shit. all the new manager struggling...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Haiz. This season spurs show the spursy side liao. Season write off liao. Bar a miracle.

Kane out for rest of season. Vert turned old too fast. Rose become worse than luke shaw. Eriksen no heart.  Ndombele become the pogba of the school of medical. The new sicknote.

Team now no style. No nice attackikg football like 2 3 yrs back.. now stuck midtable. Only 1 win more than loss. Wtf sia.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

no fans expect pools fan got mood to talk about EPL

all the team playing like shit. all the new manager struggling...

Liverpool manager 4 years into the job.

The secret is don't sack your manager

Give him time. And give him a lot of money.

Klopp spend 150 million on just 2 players.

:grin:

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Liverpool manager 4 years into the job.

The secret is don't sack your manager

Give him time. And give him a lot of money.

Klopp spend 150 million on just 2 players.

i remember first few years alot of complain on klopp , they persists with him.

pool luck change when they sold coutinho, every 1 thought pool gonna go down hill.

but they invested really well with the money and never look back since.

• Praise 3

Man Utd fans should not panic.

If the board supports Ole with 3 or 4 players

like Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland  and Edison Carvani

Man Utd will be challenging Liverpool well maybe not Liverpool

but certainly challenging the two cities of Leicester and Manchester.

image.png.fcf547061e41b8757056931083d49c65.png

image.png.13b4c22ae01250acc1b83249464244ba.png

image.png.8dc89571759d6a98eb7826b902386a2f.png  

• Haha! 1

Solskjaer: Klopp had four years, I need time too

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has pointed to his Liverpool counterpart Jurgen Klopp as an example of what can be achieved when a manager is given time.

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has pointed to his Liverpool counterpart Jurgen Klopp as an example of what can be achieved when a manager is given time.

Alex only got 1st fa cup for man utd in the fourth year and the rest is history.

With ed's past dealing with all the best agents it is only a matter of time he will get it right, just like the last time I struck consolation price in 4d years ago 

Happy two months advance anniversary to ogs. More good years ahead.

Ps. Why the mcf man utd thread is still on 18/19 season?

Edited by Cauldron
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

sure. I would give him ALL the time he needs. no hurry [nod]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Alex only got 1st fa cup for man utd in the fourth year and the rest is history.

With ed's past dealing with all the best agents it is only a matter of time he will get it right, just like the last time I struck consolation price in 4d years ago 

Happy two months advance anniversary to ogs. More good years ahead.

Ps. Why the mcf man utd thread is still on 18/19 season?

I remember that season Man Utd will always 1 goal down in the Cup and Mark Robbins a young striker kept getting the equaliser to take the game to a replay at OT where they progressed.

In the 3rd and 4th season the fans kept asking for SAF to be sacked but they won the FA Cup and it qualified them to play in the Cup Winner's Cup in Europe and I think they won that too.

And then Leeds won the League with a certain Eric Cantona and as soon as they won the League Leeds stupidly sold Cantona to Man Utd for 1 million pounds and used the 1 million pounds to buy Lee Chapman.

Man Utd with Cantona kept winning the League and Leeds went down hill with Lee Chapman every since.

The Leeds manager who sold Cantona Howard Wilkinson became England technical director. Under him England did not qualify for the World Cup because his technical direction is skill does not matter just play the long ball.

So England had big strong players who couldn't kick the ball but were fantastic at heading it. The goalkeeper would kick the ball long and the strikers would fight for the ball to try and score but this did not work very well and England missed out on going to the WC.

Anyway Cantona led Utd to League are League titles until Utd got a very talented group of youngster to come thru including Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, etc

But if there was one man that could win the League for any team he played for its Cantona. But because of his bad boy reputation he never got the credit like a Messi or a Ronaldo would today.

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I remember that season Man Utd will always 1 goal down in the Cup and Mark Robbins a young striker kept getting the equaliser to take the game to a replay at OT where they progressed.

In the 3rd and 4th season the fans kept asking for SAF to be sacked but they won the FA Cup and it qualified them to play in the Cup Winner's Cup in Europe and I think they won that too.

And then Leeds won the League with a certain Eric Cantona and as soon as they won the League Leeds stupidly sold Cantona to Man Utd for 1 million pounds and used the 1 million pounds to buy Lee Chapman.

Man Utd with Cantona kept winning the League and Leeds went down hill with Lee Chapman every since.

The Leeds manager who sold Cantona Howard Wilkinson became England technical director. Under him England did not qualify for the World Cup because his technical direction is skill does not matter just play the long ball.

So England had big strong players who couldn't kick the ball but were fantastic at heading it. The goalkeeper would kick the ball long and the strikers would fight for the ball to try and score but this did not work very well and England missed out on going to the WC.

Anyway Cantona led Utd to League are League titles until Utd got a very talented group of youngster to come thru including Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, etc

But if there was one man that could win the League for any team he played for its Cantona. But because of his bad boy reputation he never got the credit like a Messi or a Ronaldo would today.

Haaland could hv been the catalyst. 5 goals in 2 games for Dortmund. 

Lucky we are not facing Dortmund in CL. 

AM is not playing well at the moment. This season is in a way quite lucky for us

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Haaland could hv been the catalyst. 5 goals in 2 games for Dortmund. 

Lucky we are not facing Dortmund in CL. 

AM is not playing well at the moment. This season is in a way quite lucky for us

AM not doing well but they could be getting Edinson Cavani.

He is Luis Suarez partner in crime.

I hope Cavani does not join AM.

I rather he goes to Utd.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

AM not doing well but they could be getting Edinson Cavani.

He is Luis Suarez partner in crime.

I hope Cavani does not join AM.

I rather he goes to Utd.

One more week to go. Throwing in more quid than what is paid to the Chilean, should do the trick.

For good measures, there is a Wales man in Madrid who do not mind not playing in europe next season so that he can perfect his golf. 

Options options options. It is tough being rich 

• Praise 1

Except for Pool, the other big 6 all caring worse than at the same stage last season. Spurs the biggest culprit

EBEF668F-8068-4B36-95F1-6BACBEB751D9.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4