EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

gg asn lose.

if they win the fa cup. then they will rob spurs of their spot via leag table.

i think they purposely 1 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 7/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, Beregond said:

after getting ziyech. chelsea is sprashing the cash on another german young super star havertz.

they are actively looking for a left back, with alonso link to go back spain.

but nothing about another centre back. def is chelsea weakest link, dun they see it😐

Seems they maybe after Declan Rice who can play CB even though he's playing DM for West Ham currently. But he will be hard to get just like Ben Chilwell. The trouble with CBs is that there is a shortage of quality CBs worldwide and so many teams after them. Koulibaly of Napoli is supposedly the stand out CB but he is 29 and Napoli want 60-70mil for him at least. Possibly only City will buy this kind of CB with almost no sell on value.

• Praise 5

So Pool lifted the EPL trophy last night and dented Chelsea's hopes of UCL qualification at the same time by beating the Blues 5-3. Entertaining game.

For UCL qualification, it's pretty straight forward going into the last round of games:

Chelsea need a point and they can even afford to lose to Wolves if United beats Leicester

Leicester have to beat United but they could also qualify with a draw if Chelsea lose to Wolves.

United will qualify with a draw or better at Leicester. 

• Praise 5

For UEL qualification:

The team finishing 5th will go thru (United, Leicester or Chelsea)

6th place also guarantees UEL due to City winning League Cup, that team is now Wolves who are 1 pt ahead of Spurs.

7th place (currently Spurs) will also get a UEL place if Chelsea win the Cup, otherwise Arsenal will get it if they win the FA Cup.

• Praise 6

Relegation is also straight forward:

2 teams from Villa, Watford and Bournemouth will join already relegated Norwich in the Championship.

Villa will survive if they match Watford's result, they play West Ham away

Watford has to better Villa's result and if both win, the Hornets need to overhaul a 1 goal diff as well, they play Arsenal away

Bournemouth need a win at Everton and hope both Villa and Watford lose, so they are the team most likely to go down.

• Praise 6

WBA got the 2nd promotion spot after both their nearest challengers Brentford and Fulham dropped points. They join champions Leeds in the EPL next season.

The playoffs will be:

Swansea v Brentford and Cardiff v Fulham.

Football can be cruel as Nott Forest who has been in the top 6 all season (I think) dropped to 7th on goal difference after collapsing 1-4 to Stoke with 3 goals coming in the last 12mins. Forest would have pipped Swansea even if they lost 1-2. 

• Praise 6

A good nervy win for the last home game. 

2 concerns. 

Salah misfiring and chose not to assist even others had better chances. 

Gomez.... Nevermind. Matip need to be fit for the new season

• Praise 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Spring said:

So Pool lifted the EPL trophy last night and dented Chelsea's hopes of UCL qualification at the same time by beating the Blues 5-3. Entertaining game.

For UCL qualification, it's pretty straight forward going into the last round of games:

Chelsea need a point and they can even afford to lose to Wolves if United beats Leicester

Leicester have to beat United but they could also qualify with a draw if Chelsea lose to Wolves.

United will qualify with a draw or better at Leicester. 

The key thing is if chelsea lose.

Man u and lei just need to draw each other for both team to make it.

Lei goal different is way better then chelsea. They are a point behind only.

Chelsea is lucky final game should be all kick off same time.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

The key thing is if chelsea lose.

Man u and lei just need to draw each other for both team to make it.

Lei goal different is way better then chelsea. They are a point behind only.

Chelsea is lucky final game should be all kick off same time.

Frankly, if Chelsea lose they don't deserve to get into UCL. It's theirs to lose so can't complain if Leicester and United play for draw. That said, I believe they will prevail as Wolves is not the pack their defence kind of team but admittedly the worry for Chelsea is that Wolves attack is strong.

• Praise 7

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Spring said:

Frankly, if Chelsea lose they don't deserve to get into UCL. It's theirs to lose so can't complain if Leicester and United play for draw. That said, I believe they will prevail as Wolves is not the pack their defence kind of team but admittedly the worry for Chelsea is that Wolves attack is strong.

Chelsea will get at least a draw at home and favourite to go thru, likely will win

Man U & Leicester game 50-50 any thing can happen

If Man U misses out, its the Southampton injury time goal that kills it.  

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

got a feeling the best times of football are over

with safe distancing in the stadium, the number of spectators will be limited

this will hurt the revenues of the clubs

live telecast bids may go down too

perhaps, the crazy $100m+ players and $400k per week contracts won't ever appear again 

• Praise 3

On 7/20/2020 at 1:27 PM, Spring said:

The race for UCL and relegation places took a significant turn last weekend. Leicester lost 0-3 to Spurs and now look like the likely team to miss out though they could stiil overtake United by beating them next weekend if as expected United overcome West Ham in their game in hand on Wednesday. It may be resolved via goal diff and possibly even a playoff as their goal diff is now same though the Foxes hv scored more goals. Chelsea need 3 pts from 2 games to guarantee UCL next season but against tough opposition in Pool away n Wolves home.

Bournemouth has 1 foot in the Championship after losing 0-2 to Saints, they need a miracle to survive. Aston Villa are the other likely team to join them but Watford who are 3 pts clear of the Villians with a slightly better goal difference play City n Arsenal in their final 2 games so they could still be caught. The Hornets compounded matters by sacking Mgr Nigel Pearson yesterday, really bad timing in my opinion. The 3rd Mgr sacked by Watford this season.

With BR as their manager, Leicester will be out of UCL place....  :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Scion said:

perhaps, the crazy $100m+ players and $400k per week contracts won't ever appear again 

I understand that the UK govt (and i believe some other European govts as well) will admit limited spectators to the Community Shield match at end Aug as a test case on how to ease restrictions on sporting events. Hopefully, this would allow football to slowly go back to normal but yes your point on revenues going down and the knock down effect on player contracts, transfer fees etc is highly likely. The fat cash cow has been slaughtered and fed to those lucky to be treated. Next generation of players may not be so lucky.

• Praise 5

16 hours ago, Scion said:

u cannot see like that. expensive players dun mean good football. it only mean the market is push up.

football in the 80s 90s is no less exciting then now.

with or without super contract , its still the same player playing everwhere, i dun mean they become lousy  or what

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

u cannot see like that. expensive players dun mean good football. it only mean the market is push up.

with or without super contract , its still the same player playing everwhere, i dun mean they become lousy  or what

no lah, not referring to the quality of the players but more to the crazy transfer fees in the past years

hopefully football clubs can start grooming their youth academies instead of splashing $100m on one player

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hehe. I feel that too. Maybe as my age catches up. I realise I do miss those football in the 90s. My dad says he missed those 80s football. Perhaps thats when we started enjoying football. And the commercial levels is no way near todays terms.

• Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Scion said:

no lah, not referring to the quality of the players but more to the crazy transfer fees in the past years

hopefully football clubs can start grooming their youth academies instead of splashing $100m on one player

The trouble with the the top teams is PATIENCE. None of the top teams have this and therefore alot of young players didn't get their chance to prove themselves. Chelsea were lucky (on hindsight) that their transfer ban meant a whole bunch of talented youngsters were given a chance to play and proved they had the talent to succeed.

Jandon Sancho nvr had a chance at City but today he is potentially worth 100mil!  

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

Got la. If not where all the new super star from.

But its getting extremely hard for big club to do that.

See man u how long then come 1 greenwood

Now is always small clubs be groomer and feeder.

Big clubs dun have that luxury any more

↡ Advertisement