EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

young wide player, man u like got quite a few already . rashford. martial should be starter if they play 3 point attack.

and greenwood???

And don't forget Daniel James as well. So yes winger not really a priority for United but he is a possible game changer and being English commands a premium but not 120mil for sure. 

Likewise, in my opinion Chelsea doesn't need Kai Havertz cos they got Mount, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, all English and the first 2 are home grown but yet they want to pursue the German. Why? Likely cos he is also a possible game changer and looks better than LC and Barkley esp although Mount has great work rate and is very impt due to his pressing.

In short, players like Sancho and Havertz doesn't come around often and when they do, the big 3 of Barca, Real and Bayern will likely snap them up esp the 2 Spanish giants but in this pandemic era, this kind of players can now be attained by EPL clubs due to financial constraints at the big 3.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

40 minutes ago, Beregond said:

young wide player, man u like got quite a few already . rashford. martial should be starter if they play 3 point attack.

and greenwood???

Becomes deadwoods' .... :secret-laugh:

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Spring said:

And don't forget Daniel James as well. So yes winger not really a priority for United but he is a possible game changer and being English commands a premium but not 120mil for sure. 

Likewise, in my opinion Chelsea doesn't need Kai Havertz cos they got Mount, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, all English and the first 2 are home grown but yet they want to pursue the German. Why? Likely cos he is also a possible game changer and looks better than LC and Barkley esp although Mount has great work rate and is very impt due to his pressing.

In short, players like Sancho and Havertz doesn't come around often and when they do, the big 3 of Barca, Real and Bayern will likely snap them up esp the 2 Spanish giants but in this pandemic era, this kind of players can now be attained by EPL clubs due to financial constraints at the big 3.

young player around 20+- is very different from season player. they need game time week in week out.

ever since hudson sign new contract with chelsea i dun even remember if he start any game, and when he come on as sub ,performance is average at best.( i dun see his future at chelsea at all)

they are unlike season player like kante william can stop many game. but still come in and perform at near peak performance.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

young player around 20+- is very different from season player. they need game time week in week out.

ever since hudson sign new contract with chelsea i dun even remember if he start any game, and when he come on as sub ,performance is average at best.( i dun see his future at chelsea at all)

they are unlike season player like kante william can stop many game. but still come in and perform at near peak performance.

Agreed but unfortunately this is the fact of playing life at a top club n hence for a young player breaking thru, better to be at smaller clubs for a start to get game time. Move to big club when more established but often the lure of $ is too attractive to resist at bigger clubs. 

Hudson-Odoi was Cos he was injured so that was the main reason he missed out but when he returned, the form of Willian n Pulisic meant he couldn’t get back in. Next season with Pedro leaving n likely Willian as well, he may get a chance but then there is Ziyech now. 

• Praise 4

Fulham bounced back to EPL with a 2-1 extra time win over Brentford. This round, the Londoners shld be more prepared to survive with lessons learnt from their previous spell in the top flight.  

• Praise 4

31 minutes ago, Spring said:

Fulham bounced back to EPL with a 2-1 extra time win over Brentford. This round, the Londoners shld be more prepared to survive with lessons learnt from their previous spell in the top flight.  

we may  yet see a former singaporean play in epl GL 😁

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

On 7/30/2020 at 2:17 PM, Spring said:

World’s top 10 most valuable football clubs n their values vs last year. 

DD62AFB5-131F-45F5-8327-EFC0AA05BCE5.png

wah all the English clubs continue to be huat huat. see whether next year got chance to overtake the spanish boys or not...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

we may  yet see a former singaporean play in epl GL 😁

Ya that's a possibility. We hv lost a sporting talent due to our rigid rules.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Atrecord said:

wah all the English clubs continue to be huat huat. see whether next year got chance to overtake the spanish boys or not...

Ya EPL big 6 in the top 10 is not to be scoffed at. Under normal circumstances, it's almost impossible to topple the big 2 Spanish giants but times are not normal now so there is a possibility.

• Praise 5

10 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ya EPL big 6 in the top 10 is not to be scoffed at. Under normal circumstances, it's almost impossible to topple the big 2 Spanish giants but times are not normal now so there is a possibility.

yah, with no spectators allowed at any game till further notice, how will the clubs make $$? only from prize money and selling jerseys? If that persists, will many clubs start to have problem paying the salary of the players -- just like most other profit-making companies in the world now?

If covid drags on, those with huge stadium will lose their advantage. Those with huge wage bills will feel the heat. Combine these 2... wah, who will be worst-hit? 😅

I think now is more important to buy a good accountant more than a good player 😁

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

yah, with no spectators allowed at any game till further notice, how will the clubs make $$? only from prize money and selling jerseys? If that persists, will many clubs start to have problem paying the salary of the players -- just like most other profit-making companies in the world now?

If covid drags on, those with huge stadium will lose their advantage. Those with huge wage bills will feel the heat. Combine these 2... wah, who will be worst-hit? 😅

I think now is more important to buy a good accountant more than a good player 😁

The tv boardcast right  account  for very high %of their earning. And sponsorships. 

In fact i dun think ticket  sales take up alot

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

The tv boardcast right  account  for very high %of their earning. And sponsorships. 

In fact i dun think ticket  sales take up alot

oh yes... Thanks to good people like @Spring who loyally support all these years 😄

I think i stopped 4-5 yr liao... 

as for sponsors... will they suddenly bo lui and have to back out of any deals? Read that Virgin Austrailia is closing down budget offshoot Tigerair Australia... If let's say Tigerair Aust had signed contract to sponsor $XXX mil over 7 yr for any club, then now close shop... the beneficiary club also LL have to find $$ elsewhere to cover right? can be signed contract only paid in full, i think...

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

oh yes... Thanks to good people like @Spring who loyally support all these years 😄

I think i stopped 4-5 yr liao... 

as for sponsors... will they suddenly bo lui and have to back out of any deals? Read that Virgin Austrailia is closing down budget offshoot Tigerair Australia... If let's say Tigerair Aust had signed contract to sponsor $XXX mil over 7 yr for any club, then now close shop... the beneficiary club also LL have to find $$ elsewhere to cover right? can be signed contract only paid in full, i think...

i still buy orginal jersey for my favourite football club. i wear them to weekend games😁

cannot wait to get my hand on leeds latest 1

but i watch match foc online now, stop subscibe long ago

cos alway fall asleep during match😌

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i still buy orginal jersey for my favourite football club. i wear them to weekend games😁

cannot wait to get my hand on leeds latest 1

but i watch match foc online now, stop subscibe long ago

cos alway fall asleep during match😌

i sarpok my team - spiritually instead of monetarily - for decades liao...

when was a kid, cannot afford to buy their jersey. 

in recent times, i 心里不平衡,any half-decent player earn like 100K GBP a week... why should i enrich them so much... 😁

so i continue to spiritually, mentally, psychologically, sarpok... oh, can add in verbally 😉

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12043190/nathan-ake-manchester-city-sign-defender-from-bournemouth

Manchester City have completed the signing of defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for £41m on a five-year deal.

i think its a good deal for city

Compete with pic for u. Chelsea had first option on him but declined to sign him. 

28F7AC41-7C3A-4734-9A90-406AE548A14D.png

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12043190/nathan-ake-manchester-city-sign-defender-from-bournemouth

Manchester City have completed the signing of defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for £41m on a five-year deal.

i think its a good deal for city

Only ManU will pay double that price like Maguire ... :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2