EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

City also signed Ferran Torres from Valencia for £21mil but some reports saying got add ons to £37mil?

18CFB35F-2444-4479-AA3B-6A1648FE6D76.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Alexis Sanchez moves to Inter Milan on a free transfer. He has been there on loan this season n now makes the move permanent.  I believe United has to pay him off as well as his remaining 2yr contract was worth a rumoured £500k+ per week whilst his new contract is not so much.  

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Compete with pic for u. Chelsea had first option on him but declined to sign him. 

28F7AC41-7C3A-4734-9A90-406AE548A14D.png

This should be a decent buy. But I dun like him. 

Four years ago when I was in holidays in Perth, watched one match where he scored the winning goal near final whistle... si bey sian man... 😂

• Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

This should be a decent buy. But I dun like him. 

Four years ago when I was in holidays in Perth, watched one match where he scored the winning goal near final whistle... si bey sian man... 😂

Must be against Pool 😃

This guy is a left footer who can play CB n LB n he’s comfortable on the ball but he’s not that tall n physicality wise he loses out I feel but he might be exactly what Pep wants as they are short of a CB since Kompany left n Mendy is not that reliable at LB so he can cover there as well. 

I’m not sure if this spells the end of John Stones who has not fulfilled his potential n has also been plagued with various injuries from time to time. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Spring said:

Must be against Pool 😃

This guy is a left footer who can play CB n LB n he’s comfortable on the ball but he’s not that tall n physicality wise he loses out I feel but he might be exactly what Pep wants as they are short of a CB since Kompany left n Mendy is not that reliable at LB so he can cover there as well. 

I’m not sure if this spells the end of John Stones who has not fulfilled his potential n has also been plagued with various injuries from time to time. 

yah lah si bey sian. was leading B'mouth i think 2 goal up... then towards the end lost 3-4, with this chap scoring following a corner... sian max lor. That night was staying at a big Air BnB house, and brought my android box to connect to the big tv in the tv room, was hoping for a good win but...

actually Pep really doesn't care whether his CBs are the best at defending. His style of possession means his CBs are rarely needed to defend. So as long as they are half decent (not like otamendi standard) and is confident on the ball, will fit the bill liao. So yes, Ake fits the bill.

Chelsea on the other hand, will wanna find a really good CB(s), so maybe that's why didn't wanna buy him back.

City should have sold Stones off 2 seasons ago... Then maybe Pool wouldn't have to wait 30 yr then win the league lor... Still can't get over Stones' clearance at 0-0 last season was ruled not over the line... 😪

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Alexis Sanchez moves to Inter Milan on a free transfer. He has been there on loan this season n now makes the move permanent.  I believe United has to pay him off as well as his remaining 2yr contract was worth a rumoured £500k+ per week whilst his new contract is not so much.  

ya. the 2 years is worth around 55m,

inter pay him much lesser.

man u pay sanchez to break his contract, while sanchez sign a new contract with inter ( althrough much lower compare to man u) sanchez is the big winner in money pov.

anw sancho deal not done yet, it seem fee still not agree upon, man u not willing to be carrot anymore

• Praise 1

Maurizio Sarri sacked as Juventus coach despite leading them to the Serie A title. They were knocked out of UCL by Lyon on away goals last night n the sack came this morning. 

Sarri doesn’t seem to be popular for some reason or other. His Sarriball style of play was popular at Napoli but didn’t catch on at Chelsea nor Juventus despite winning silverware at both clubs. 

Mauricio Pochettino is the early favourite to take over. 

• Praise 5

25 minutes ago, Spring said:

Maurizio Sarri sacked as Juventus coach despite leading them to the Serie A title. They were knocked out of UCL by Lyon on away goals last night n the sack came this morning. 

Sarri doesn’t seem to be popular for some reason or other. His Sarriball style of play was popular at Napoli but didn’t catch on at Chelsea nor Juventus despite winning silverware at both clubs. 

Mauricio Pochettino is the early favourite to take over. 

inter throw away the title rather then juv won it.

its 1 of juv worst season for many years lol

i hope posh take over😁

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Andrea Pirlo the Italian legend appointed as new Juventus boss. Surprise appointment after earlier speculation that Pochettino was the favourite with Real boss Zidane also being mentioned but the hefty wages of this 2 put paid to their appointments. 

The Old Lady also had to fork out a rumoured £22mil in compensation to Sarri for the remaining 2 years of his contract although the actual figure likely to be less. 

• Praise 5

Liverpool bought LB Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiakos as cover for Andy Robertson for £11.75mil. They were originally after Jamal Lewis from Norwich but was put off by the £20mil fee asked. 

924BEB88-B6C6-4E8A-901B-063301C3A50B.png

• Praise 5

Looks like Willian is undergoing a medical at Arsenal to join on a free transfer and 3 yr contract.

There are opposing views on this potential transfer. He is a good player and 1 of Chelsea's better players this few seasons so on quality there is no doubt. But he is 32yrs old and to offer a 3yr contract is abit of a risk and hence Chelsea's contract offer to him for only 2yrs. If he can sustain his levels, then this transfer would be considered a steal but if he tapers off which players in their 30s tend to do then Gunners would be stuck with a 100k per week player with no sell on value.

I will follow his progress with interest. Also, I'm not sure which position he will play at the Emirates, he is normally a winger but Gunners already have Pepe and Aubameyang coming in from the wings with Lacazette up top. Willian could play as a playmaker to replace Ozil if he leaves or he could rotate with Pepe? We shall see as this transfer can go down to be the buy of the season or eggs in Gunners face.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

Looks like Willian is undergoing a medical at Arsenal to join on a free transfer and 3 yr contract.

i wish him all the best. like i give hazard my blessing .

its too bad chelsea refuse to give him a 3 years deal.

if not for him this season chelsea out of top 4.

even at 32 i didnt see him decline in his performance. with modern day medical, 1 can remain peak till 35 i believe, esp discipline players. i say william easily got another 2 years of perk at least 

see cr7 and ibra

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Spring said:

There are opposing views on this potential transfer. He is a good player and 1 of Chelsea's better players this few seasons so on quality there is no doubt. But he is 32yrs old and to offer a 3yr contract is abit of a risk and hence Chelsea's contract offer to him for only 2yrs. If he can sustain his levels, then this transfer would be considered a steal but if he tapers off which players in their 30s tend to do then Gunners would be stuck with a 100k per week player with no sell on value.

I will follow his progress with interest. Also, I'm not sure which position he will play at the Emirates, he is normally a winger but Gunners already have Pepe and Aubameyang coming in from the wings with Lacazette up top. Willian could play as a playmaker to replace Ozil if he leaves or he could rotate with Pepe? We shall see as this transfer can go down to be the buy of the season or eggs in Gunners face.

I think he is an ever green just like James Milner.

:grin:

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i wish him all the best. like i give hazard my blessing .

its too bad chelsea refuse to give him a 3 years deal.

if not for him this season chelsea out of top 4.

even at 32 i didnt see him decline in his performance. with modern day medical, 1 can remain peak till 35 i believe, esp discipline players. i say william easily got another 2 years of perk at least 

see cr7 and ibra

2 yrs i think shld be ok but 3 yrs I'm not sure. I wrote off Ibrahimovic when he came to EPL cos I thought he was a has been and coming in at his age to EPL for the first time, let's say I see him no up but he made me eat my words. I suppose technically sound and clever players who don't depend on speed may prolong their careers like Sheringham previously as well. Willian may also fall into this category as he is not known for speed unlike players like Owen who was finished once he lost pace.

CR7 is an abnormality. His athleticism, discipline, diet means he is a sporting freak. The fact that he is on par with the naturally gifted Messi is an achievement by itself[thumbsup]

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I think he is an ever green just like James Milner.

Ya James Milner is a credit to his profession. His work rate and versatility is first class. Model pro for sure[thumbsup]

That said, I think it's harder for a Forward to maintain the same level into his 30s than MF and defenders but that's not taking anything away from Milner! 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Ya James Milner is a credit to his profession. His work rate and versatility is first class. Model pro for sure[thumbsup]

That said, I think it's harder for a Forward to maintain the same level into his 30s than MF and defenders but that's not taking anything away from Milner! 

Just like Klopp play striker then got older and slower and got moved to midfield and then to centre back,

I think Willian can play as an attacking midfielder when he no longer plays as a forward.

His game is high work rate and constant pressing and he can pick a pass.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2