EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

Man United like to buy "proven" players, hence price is not a hinderance so long as he is wanted by the manager to fit in his game plan.

Should say that Maguire is a decent defender and if he performs then he would be good value. English player also commands a premium I suppose.

Factoring on inflation and limited supply of quality CB's, cheap or expensive is relative; and is dependent on the buying power of the club concerned. In this case Man U's funding is not an issue.

Let's see whether Man U will be in top 4 this season which will again be brutally more competitve than ever.

Actually this window, Man United has been targeting younger n preferably British players so as to have a backbone of home grown players which is going back to the Fergie days when they had a lot of players from their own academy back then. Don’t think they specifically getting proven players as they have not been very successful when they tried to do so last few seasons n hence the change of focus.

United seem intent on getting a solid CB to go with De Gea n try to follow the success Pool had with the VVD/Allison partnership. They have a lot of CBs but none seems the dominant, fast n able to play from the back type which they feel Maguire is able to do. Let’s see.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Actually this window, Man United has been targeting younger n preferably British players so as to have a backbone of home grown players which is going back to the Fergie days when they had a lot of players from their own academy back then. Don’t think they specifically getting proven players as they have not been very successful when they tried to do so last few seasons n hence the change of focus.

United seem intent on getting a solid CB to go with De Gea n try to follow the success Pool had with the VVD/Allison partnership. They have a lot of CBs but none seems the dominant, fast n able to play from the back type which they feel Maguire is able to do. Let’s see.

Man U retrofiiting with new players still need time to get their act together, so probably this season is more like a run-in phase.

My take is that Man City and Pool will make it to the top 4.

More like remaining 4 teams slugging it out for the remaining 2 ucl places.

Dark horses - Wolves, Everton, and maybe Watford. 

But things may get tricky after the first 8 games. Lets see how things pan out.

• Praise 2

Man U retrofiiting with new players still need time to get their act together, so probably this season is more like a run-in phase.

My take is that Man City and Pool will make it to the top 4.

More like remaining 4 teams slugging it out for the remaining 2 ucl places.

Dark horses - Wolves, Everton, and maybe Watford.

But things may get tricky after the first 8 games. Lets see how things pan out.

Yes agree with most of your assessment.

I’ll add in Leicester to your dark horse list though they lost Maguire.

• Praise 3

sian maguire gonna start against chelsea this week for sure.......

He will need time to assimilate with his new team members so maybe best time to face him now? Anyway, I still feel he is not in VVD’s class despite costing more.

• Praise 4

EPL transfer deadline is this Thursday 8 Aug so lots of rumours flying round.

This one is reported in Daily Mail of Man United going after Christian Eriksen who is in his last year of contract. I think there is a possibility this will go thru as his value will plummet once window closes. He could still leave for other European teams as their window only closes at end August.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7324201/Transfer-News-Man-Utd-working-deal-Tottenham-star-Christian-Eriksen.html

• Praise 3

Based on Financial figures for 2017-18

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2017-18-accounts-manchester-united-city

To be fair Man Utd is not spending money they do not have.

Revenue of 590.

Worrying portion is :

Net debt £254m

Interest and finance costs £24m (10%)

The glazers are also taking out secured loan against Man Utd shares, this can cause things to go south very quickly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9591470/man-utd-fans-glazers-loan-collateral-darcie/

A bit like overdraft on Credit card, as long the next pay cheque is big enough, then Bank will be happy to continue this relationship.

Back to Pool numbers,

Liverpool had a total wage bill up from £208m to £263m for the year in a season which saw the arrivals of Mo Salah, Virgil van Dijk, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Andy Robertson.

Ownership Fenway Sports Group, registered in the US as NESV I, LLC, of which John W Henry is the principal shareholder

Gate and matchday income £81m

TV and broadcasting £220m Commercial activities £154m

Net debt Not stated; bank loan £56m; £99m owed to FSG.

Interest payable £8m (5%)

Profit 125M

The past year, we had a good run in Champion League for the second year in running (winning it this round), so numbers should be more swee.

It is a wonder why we did not buy 1st team players but rather invest in two young talents instead.

I guess the interest rate is considered healthy(Aroundn 5%) and there is no need to wipe out the loan

Could be keeping the powder dry for a âtransformerâ, a term I heard some pundits mentioned. A transformer being a player who can take us to another level, like VVD or AB.

YNWA

Talk about transformer I can see Radx eyes lit up

Ya game of 2 halves. Regardless of why this was so, it showed both the strengths n weaknesses of both teams. So u can get at City n Pool but u need to be top of your game. Anyway, Iâm looking forward to the season proper next week!

Second half some of Man c players looked a bit laboured

Not sure if it is due to insufficient preseason training

• Praise 3

Second half some of Man c players looked a bit laboured

Not sure if it is due to insufficient preseason training

Just my guess that the pressing game took its toll in the heat as City pressed very high n were closing Pool down quickly. Though Pool also play a pressing game, they were more measured.

This pressing game whilst very impressive n effective, has a high casualty rate. Players get knackered as the season progresses both thru injuries n fatigue. We shall see how the teams cope as almost all the top teams bar Arsenal n United play this pressing game.

• Praise 5

Arsenal getting Daniele Rugani?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1162540/Arsenal-Daniele-Rugani-Juventus-Man-Utd-Wolves-Transfer-News

Some other press reports saying they after French U21 International Dayot Upamecano from RB Leipzig?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rb-leipzig-stance-dayot-upamecano-18854277

Whichever they choose or maybe both, Arsenal has quietly gone about addressing the weaknesses in their team thru series of loans n payments made in instalments. Quite saavy of them to do it this way though I believe they may need to pay more for this method of payment?

• Praise 3

Arsenal getting Daniele Rugani?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1162540/Arsenal-Daniele-Rugani-Juventus-Man-Utd-Wolves-Transfer-News

Some other press reports saying they after French U21 International Dayot Upamecano from RB Leipzig?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rb-leipzig-stance-dayot-upamecano-18854277

Whichever they choose or maybe both, Arsenal has quietly gone about addressing the weaknesses in their team thru series of loans n payments made in instalments. Quite saavy of them to do it this way though I believe they may need to pay more for this method of payment?

Isn't almost all deals based on installments?

Isn't almost all deals based on installments?

Not all. I believe it’s normally upfront quite abit n at most 2-3 instalments. First time I hear of 5 instalments on top of a down payment. Like buying car
  • Praise 3

Not really see how they nego .

like pgs buy neyma pay very fast i think

That one is termination fee iirc

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 1

Not all. I believe itâs normally upfront quite abit n at most 2-3 instalments. First time I hear of 5 instalments on top of a down payment. Like buying carð

I agree that it's usually more upfront then lesser gradually.. h

Pepe is supposedly divided evenly over 5 years.... slightly better terms

Saliba is cheap upfront because loan back

Anyway how it is paid not important....important is we get the player we need lol

I agree that it's usually more upfront then lesser gradually.. h

Pepe is supposedly divided evenly over 5 years.... slightly better terms

Saliba is cheap upfront because loan back

Anyway how it is paid not important....important is we get the player we need lol

Agreed, getting the right player is paramount; other matters not important.

But my point was more how Arsenal had managed to get in players despite their limited budget thru good planning but whether this comes back to haunt them later when payments get due I’m not sure but I suppose in the football world, it’s what happens now that matters so credit to Gunners for this

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3