EPL- 2019/2020

Spring

7 minutes ago, Scion said:

no one talking about poor old Arsenal who got 2 losses and dropped further down the table after Covid......

asn no need talk already , this season is over for them.they not going to drop, not getting into top 4 either.

they need build for next season, make sure their best players stay, early recruitment etc . 

↡ Advertisement

55 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Spurs still rusty despite having all their players back from injuries.

Man U got a gem in Bruno... Too bad Spurs din sign him back in August. Ended up with Ndombele and Lo Celso. N made worse by signing the wrong Fernandes.

To be fair, so far i see almost all the teams were rusty. Most of the players lack sharpness.

• Praise 6

Congrats Liverpool on being well deserved EPL Champs after 30 long years! They are on the way to setting many records this season. Just a pity that they couldn't progress in the domestic Cups nor UCL.

City's last fire was extinguished at Chelsea last night by losing 1-2. Good game with Chelsea showing why they shld be able to finish in the top 4 by being clinical. 

The FA cup qtr finals are being scheduled this weekend with 4 of the big 6 still in the competition and separated in the draw.  

• Praise 7

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Spring said:

Congrats Liverpool on being well deserved EPL Champs after 30 long years! They are on the way to setting many records this season. Just a pity that they couldn't progress in the domestic Cups nor UCL.

City's last fire was extinguished at Chelsea last night by losing 1-2. Good game with Chelsea showing why they shld be able to finish in the top 4 by being clinical. 

The FA cup qtr finals are being scheduled this weekend with 4 of the big 6 still in the competition and separated in the draw.  

No worries.... [nod]

Klopp aimed one cup a year....  :secret-laugh:

After this, next year he will chase the Tribble (FA, UCL & EPL)...  :yuush:

His trophy cupboard shot of Mickey Mouse Cup and FA Cup. With this 2 cups, he will complete his collections. :grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

No worries.... [nod]

Klopp aimed one cup a year....  :secret-laugh:

After this, next year he will chase the Tribble (FA, UCL & EPL)...  :yuush:

His trophy cupboard shot of Mickey Mouse Cup and FA Cup. With this 2 cups, he will complete his collections. :grin:

City could upstage Pool despite finishing below the Reds in EPL by getting a Cup treble of League Cup, FA Cup n UCL and that would be a pity as it might overshadow Pool's remarkable season as the Reds were capable of achieving much more but I guess the EPL was too treasured so full focus on this competition fair enough.

U hv to be greedy to sustain the relentless pursuit of excellence but Ok I've spoken enough and I don't want to take anything away from Pool esp today, congrats again!!

• Praise 5

Man City's appeal of UEFA ban: What's at stake for City and Financial Fair Play

The CFCB found that City "committed serious breaches" of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations -- which limit the net losses clubs can accrue over a three-year period -- between 2012 and 2016 and failed to cooperate with the subsequent investigation. In response, the club made it clear they felt the process was "flawed," that the accusation of financial irregularities is "false" and that there is "irrefutable evidence" of their probity that has been ignored.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-marcottis-musings/story/4106533/man-citys-appeal-of-uefa-ban-whats-at-stake-for-city-and-financial-fair-play

City may lose 2014 EPL title

Liverpool could benefit if City found to have broken rules relating to European ban, fine

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/city-may-lose-2014-epl-title

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

I hope City lose 2014 EPL title.

Then titles will come to Liverpool like buses.

You wait so long for one and then 2 come at the same time.

:grin:

image.png.b6128c0cd379bb3327b55af70ea16977.png

• Haha! 3

FA cup weekend saw 4 of the top 6 reach the semi finals and the draw is as follows:

Man City v Arsenal

Man United v Chelsea

This is the only chance for Arsenal and Chelsea to win silverware this season. United have another chance in UEL whilst City having already bagged the League Cup, are going for treble with UCL as well.

• Praise 7

I too hope that 2014 title would be rescinded and given to pool instead.

Looking at the pix of past captains that won the premiership title, not hard to see one that is sorely missed. 

IMG-20200626-WA0000.jpg

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

I too hope that 2014 title would be rescinded and given to pool instead.

Looking at the pix of past captains that won the premiership title, not hard to see one that is sorely missed. 

IMG-20200626-WA0000.jpg

He slips and cost the cup.... 😣

Some interesting record albeit minor ones were set after this round of midweek games. 

Harry Kane became the first player in the EPL to score against all the EPL teams he has faced when he netted against Sheff Utd last night. It was the 29th EPL club he has scored against. 

Willian became the first player in EPL history to score a goal in every calendar month of the year. This record unlikely to be broken as the season normally doesn’t hv matches in June n July. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Some interesting record albeit minor ones were set after this round of midweek games. 

Harry Kane became the first player in the EPL to score against all the EPL teams he has faced when he netted against Sheff Utd last night. It was the 29th EPL club he has scored against. 

Willian became the first player in EPL history to score a goal in every calendar month of the year. This record unlikely to be broken as the season normally doesn’t hv matches in June n July. 

disgusted by chelsea lost. dun even want post😑

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

disgusted by chelsea lost. dun even want post😑

I told u already the defence is the weak point. Comical defending for the first 2 West Ham goals.

Lampard always harps on about not being clinical but if u see the stats, Chelsea's finishing of chances is about 4th best thereabouts which is where they are at the moment but they definitely don't have the 4th best defence for sure. Even Rudiger who is normally their best defender has become suspect. Perhaps it's not an individual issue but a collective one?

A good defensive coach shld be able to sort it out or maybe a change of personnel needed. Kepa also whilst not to be blamed for the goals still looks unconvincing n doesn't command the box like a good goalie shld. He doesn't breed confidence.

The usual excuse of not being able to break down a well organised defence shld nvr be used as even Pool and City struggles when faced with this kind of teams.

• Praise 5

After a lousy weekend chelsea kenna wack 3-0.

I though their top 4 is gg.

Who knows lei lose also.

End of season it look like man u is making it .

It look like chelsea and lei left to scrape for last spot🤣

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Beregond said:

After a lousy weekend chelsea kenna wack 3-0.

I though their top 4 is gg.

Who knows lei lose also.

End of season it look like man u is making it .

It look like chelsea and lei left to scrape for last spot🤣

Man United is the form team since EPL restarted, they hv won all their games bar a draw with Spurs. Their forward line of Greenwood, Rashford and Martial plus Bruno n Pogba in MF is very strong. Only weakness is perhaps their defence which is average at best.

Inversely, Leicester has gone downhill since the restart. Think they only won 1 game so far. Chelsea are woefully inconsistent and weak at the back. They might still scrap thru cos the last EPL round of fixtures will see Leicester vs Man United which means 1 or both teams will drop points.

Relegation battle is also interesting, Bournemouth and Villa looked doomed but last weekend's victories brought them closer to Watford and West Ham. 2 from these 4 will join already relegated Norwich City in the Championship next season.

• Praise 6

Just now, Spring said:

Man United is the form team since EPL restarted, they hv won all their games bar a draw with Spurs. Their forward line of Greenwood, Rashford and Martial plus Bruno n Pogba in MF is very strong. Only weakness is perhaps their defence which is average at best.

Inversely, Leicester has gone downhill since the restart. Think they only won 1 game so far. Chelsea are woefully inconsistent and weak at the back. They might still scrap thru cos the last EPL round of fixtures will see Leicester vs Man United which means 1 or both teams will drop points.

Relegation battle is also interesting, Bournemouth and Villa looked doomed but last weekend's victories brought them closer to Watford and West Ham. 2 from these 4 will join already relegated Norwich City in the Championship next season.

I check the fixture.

And i realise man u final match is against lei.

Chelsea got a.tough game at pool.

Final 3 game if they win 1 draw 1 lose 1. Should be able to make top 4.

If they cannot.even do that.  I dun know what else to say

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I check the fixture.

And i realise man u final match is against lei.

Chelsea got a.tough game at pool.

Final 3 game if they win 1 draw 1 lose 1. Should be able to make top 4.

If they cannot.even do that.  I dun know what else to say

If United loses one of their games, Chelsea will qualify with 2 wins from 3 games for sure. 1 damning statistic for Chelsea is that losing by a 3 goal margin whilst having 76% possession is a new EPL record😭

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3