Any Hyundai Elantra 2011/2012 owners here?

wangxiaodi

Just bought a used Hyundai Elantra 2011 model. Left about 2 years.

So far quite a comfy drive. Pumped full tank about closed to 40litre. Not sure how much distant it can cover though.

Any Elantra users here to share more info and your good and bad points?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

So far quite a comfy drive. Pumped full tank about closed to 40litre. Not sure how much distant it can cover though.

Fuel usage depends alot on your right Foot & Type of Road use...manly Highways,13-14Km/L should not be a problem,City Driving should get 10Km/L.

Fuel usage depends alot on your right Foot & Type of Road use...manly Highways,13-14Km/L should not be a problem,City Driving should get 10Km/L.

oh i see. Still trying to drive around and getting familiar with this car. But generally i am quite impressed with this model, Elantra as compared to other model like new Avante, 2019 model.

Went to test drive the Avante 2019, but seems like did not have very big Wow factor. Especially when driving. Seems like quite normal. Elantra seems more sleek and classy for the interior and exterior. 

More curves on the 2011 Elantra.

It looks more sleek too.

This i agree. Not sure about 2017 model though...might be more "mature" and not as sporty

Turbocharged

Those 2011 Elantra are selling at almost $10,000 annual dep, as compared to a brand new Avante, which depreciates only $6,600 a year if you drive till scrap.

• Praise 1

same here. I collected on 2nd Aug. Model 2011. Pumped abt 36 litres on sunday. So far going at 13km/l average (city+highway). My previous ride Peugeot 5008 was more comfy though. But maintenance very high. Lets see this one, how it fares.

• Praise 2

same here. I collected on 2nd Aug. Model 2011. Pumped abt 36 litres on sunday. So far going at 13km/l average (city+highway). My previous ride Peugeot 5008 was more comfy though. But maintenance very high. Lets see this one, how it fares.

Mine same. Pumped 39.5 litre... i think really full tank would exceed 40litre.. 

and i have reach half tank and mileage is about 310 kilometer.. Not sure if this is consider ok.....

why would you buy the older elantra at sky high depre when you can get the previous gen elantra/new avante a lower depre? 

Previous generation? You mean the Avante 2006-2008? 

When we buy and change car, sometime we look at other aspect.

I was driving old nissan COE car. If i want to change and throw some money down to another ride, at least must be something that give me a bigger difference in driving sense and comfort. 2011 elantra so far can give me and my family this.

if i change to the old Avante........ it felt the same as the old kia cerato forte 2008-2009.. the change and feel is not too drastic. 

when you buy car in sg...it is all about losing money one la.. its a matter of losing less or more. But buy short tern second hand car at least will lose less. 

the new Avante, 2019, seriously i don't like the front and exterior. Went inside and test drive.. Also didn't felt very "shiok"..

just my own 3cents worth of personal opinion.

Previous generation? You mean the Avante 2006-2008? 

When we buy and change car, sometime we look at other aspect.

I was driving old nissan COE car. If i want to change and throw some money down to another ride, at least must be something that give me a bigger difference in driving sense and comfort. 2011 elantra so far can give me and my family this.

if i change to the old Avante........ it felt the same as the old kia cerato forte 2008-2009.. the change and feel is not too drastic. 

when you buy car in sg...it is all about losing money one la.. its a matter of losing less or more. But buy short tern second hand car at least will lose less. 

the new Avante, 2019, seriously i don't like the front and exterior. Went inside and test drive.. Also didn't felt very "shiok"..

just my own 3cents worth of personal opinion.

nono i meant elantra md, sorry for the confusion. elantra md was mainly sold during the high coe (2011/2012) era so depre will be pretty high followed by the facelift elantra ad and then now the avante. elantra ad coe should be lower than elantra md which brings the depre lower. i was coming from the price and cost point, nothing about drive or aesthetics. all 4 cars are using same engine and transmission which dates back to the older avante 2009 with some tuning here and there. 

actually losing more or less depends on calculation and dont forget the wear and tear from older vehicles. if kana a lemon car left with 2 years and need some major repairs, dilemma comes about whether to just fix or throw.  

elantra md with high coe - depre more than 9k/year according to sgcarmart

elantra ad with mid coe - depre around 7k-8k/year 

avante now with 25k-35k coe - depre around 7k per year

Edited by ferrytales

nono i meant elantra md, sorry for the confusion. elantra md was mainly sold during the high coe (2011/2012) era so depre will be pretty high followed by the facelift elantra ad and then now the avante. elantra ad coe should be lower than elantra md which brings the depre lower. i was coming from the price and cost point, nothing about drive or aesthetics. all 4 cars are using same engine and transmission which dates back to the older avante 2009 with some tuning here and there. 

actually losing more or less depends on calculation and dont forget the wear and tear from older vehicles. if kana a lemon car left with 2 years and need some major repairs, dilemma comes about whether to just fix or throw.  

elantra md with high coe - depre more than 9k/year according to sgcarmart

elantra ad with mid coe - depre around 7k-8k/year 

avante now with 25k-35k coe - depre around 7k per year

I See I see. But i guess its too late to regret now. Since it is already committed. Just drive this car for another 1 year to 1.5 year then decides what is the next plan.

If car is good, no major issue, might consider extend 5 year COE.

or just trade in with car dealer for another "newer" car .

Thanks for sharing

I See I see. But i guess its too late to regret now. Since it is already committed. Just drive this car for another 1 year to 1.5 year then decides what is the next plan.

If car is good, no major issue, might consider extend 5 year COE.

or just trade in with car dealer for another "newer" car .

Thanks for sharing

cheers but in general, the elantra generation of cars are pretty good and reliable. proper oil changes on time will do its job, wear and tear are unavoidable as long as its not some major damage, the car runs like a tank.  [bounce2]

drove the avante 09 and now the new avante. 

https://www.hotcars.com/hyundai-elantra-1-million-miles-5-years/

cheers but in general, the elantra generation of cars are pretty good and reliable. proper oil changes on time will do its job, wear and tear are unavoidable as long as its not some major damage, the car runs like a tank.  [bounce2]

drove the avante 09 and now the new avante. 

https://www.hotcars.com/hyundai-elantra-1-million-miles-5-years/

How is the new Avante Interior? I test drove one few week ago. The basic model. not really my liking. But hope it works well for you.

Heard it can hit 700 kilometer per full tank though...as claimed by the sales man...

How is the new Avante Interior? I test drove one few week ago. The basic model. not really my liking. But hope it works well for you.

Heard it can hit 700 kilometer per full tank though...as claimed by the sales man...

700km possible, just whack east to west via pie everyday at 3am to and fro, confirm hit 700km.

700km possible, just whack east to west via pie everyday at 3am to and fro, confirm hit 700km.

Various factors to consider - 

1. tank capacity

2. fuel used - shell/esso/etc etc - i find esso better than shell. other no idea.

3. how you drive

4. traffic

I stay punggol and work various locations in sg. Currently will be going tuas for this month. So far 14.2 kmpl. may get 600 km get out of full tank.

• Praise 1

My early 2016 Elantra MD can go approx. 580-600km on a full tank. 30% normal road and 70% expressway. Fueling with 95 SPC caused near my home. Normal to light footed. 

May consider changing ride if COE drops further.. [:p]

• Praise 2

My early 2016 Elantra MD can go approx. 580-600km on a full tank. 30% normal road and 70% expressway. Fueling with 95 SPC caused near my home. Normal to light footed. 

May consider changing ride if COE drops further.. [:p]

so good? mine half tank can hit 300. now left last 4 level...only travelled 395..

your drive quite good FC leh....

↡ Advertisement