Any Hyundai Elantra 2011/2012 owners here?

wangxiaodi

so good? mine half tank can hit 300. now left last 4 level...only travelled 395..

your drive quite good FC leh....

my half tank about there too. u can continue driving till fuel signal blink to see the total km travelled. 

Overall i feel the fuel consumption is only ok and acceptable not great or fantastic. 

I always traveled alone and my tyre size is 15 inch. 

↡ Advertisement

my half tank about there too. u can continue driving till fuel signal blink to see the total km travelled. 

Overall i feel the fuel consumption is only ok and acceptable not great or fantastic. 

I always traveled alone and my tyre size is 15 inch. 

Oh cool.

Thanks bro. Cos mine the previous owner have the bigger sports rim which states - 205/45R17 84W (not sure what it means). Maybe it is 17 inch?

So not sure if this cause the FC to drop....

• Praise 1

hyundai FC not great one lah. 11-12+ km/L is good enough.

17 inch definitely will suffer a bit 

I'm quite surprised someone would buy an old elantra now. Want to extend COE also should be ok bah. So many older avantes already extended liao 

Edited by Lala81

hyundai FC not great one lah. 11-12+ km/L is good enough.

17 inch definitely will suffer a bit 

I'm quite surprised someone would buy an old elantra now. Want to extend COE also should be ok bah. So many older avantes already extended liao 

extend or not extend...let me drive for at least 1 year to 1.5 years and see how this car perform. Might just trade in again and get a new car.

My early 2016 Elantra MD can go approx. 580-600km on a full tank. 30% normal road and 70% expressway. Fueling with 95 SPC caused near my home. Normal to light footed. 

May consider changing ride if COE drops further.. [:p]

actually i don't think mine can hit even close to 580.. if can hit 520 to 530 until blinking light is out.. i would be happy. probably because of the 17inch rim bah....

extend or not extend...let me drive for at least 1 year to 1.5 years and see how this car perform. Might just trade in again and get a new car.

lol it's an elantra lor. It's essentially been an unchanged car for quite a long while except for cosmetic tweaks and just better kit and some of the niceties.

But i really don't like the steering feel of your particular model. It's too numb.

lol it's an elantra lor. It's essentially been an unchanged car for quite a long while except for cosmetic tweaks and just better kit and some of the niceties.

But i really don't like the steering feel of your particular model. It's too numb.

hmm.. i have drove worst. like Mitsubishi's EX 2008 to 2009? the steering also heavy..

What car you driving now bro?

hmm.. i have drove worst. like Mitsubishi's EX 2008 to 2009? the steering also heavy..

What car you driving now bro?

I have the AD elantra. I drove the MD when i went to Perth. 

The AD has improved that part though it still has less feedback compared to other japanese B&B like honda/mz/toyota. But interior space is roughly comparable.

I only test drove Lancer EX when i was buying my car in 2008. Can't remember much about that part.

The MD is a sensible B&B car. Just that given current depreciation of these older cars, would have thought someone would buy new except for those strongly considering to extend COE.

Edited by Lala81

I have the AD elantra. I drove the MD when i went to Perth. 

The AD has improved that part though it still has less feedback compared to other japanese B&B like honda/mz/toyota. But interior space is roughly comparable.

I only test drove Lancer EX when i was buying my car in 2008. Can't remember much about that part.

The MD is a sensible B&B car. Just that given current depreciation of these older cars, would have thought someone would buy new except for those strongly considering to extend COE.

Well, before this, another agent recommended me Avante 2019. But of cos we did not wise to folk out so much cash up front. And generally i do not like the new avante. It looks rather normal. And upon test driving, the feel and handling was not very fantastic.

It felt like not a very major change when compared to my own nissan sunny. And after test driving a few other short term cars like Cruze, Kia cerato Forte (all left about 1.5-2 years).... Elantra gave us (wife and father in law) the best feel....

just our own preference..

Well, before this, another agent recommended me Avante 2019. But of cos we did not wise to folk out so much cash up front. And generally i do not like the new avante. It looks rather normal. And upon test driving, the feel and handling was not very fantastic.

It felt like not a very major change when compared to my own nissan sunny. And after test driving a few other short term cars like Cruze, Kia cerato Forte (all left about 1.5-2 years).... Elantra gave us (wife and father in law) the best feel....

just our own preference..

Err... the current FL AD is just better than MD, granted some of these are quite minor changes like i pointed out earlier.

Only two reasons can make sense

a) Upfront outlay

b) U find the FL AD ugly (which is a common sentiment haha)

But doesn't matter lah. It's a won't go wrong kinda car. I won't complain if i had only a MD to drive either. 

Err... the current FL AD is just better than MD, granted some of these are quite minor changes like i pointed out earlier.

Only two reasons can make sense

a) Upfront outlay

b) U find the FL AD ugly (which is a common sentiment haha)

But doesn't matter lah. It's a won't go wrong kinda car. I won't complain if i had only a MD to drive either.

Thanks bro.hope u are enjoying your drive too everyday!but the car now has that fragrance that is making me dizzy and unwell everyday. Bought a deodorant to counter it. Hope it improve soon...

Thanks bro.hope u are enjoying your drive too everyday!but the car now has that fragrance that is making me dizzy and unwell everyday. Bought a deodorant to counter it. Hope it improve soon...

hmm? the dealer go use those interior cleaning agents on the leather/dashboard before handover to you?

Just leave in the sun to bake with some windows partially down, should be ok liao bah.

I also felt bit sick once after doing servicing when they did something to the AC. 

hmm? the dealer go use those interior cleaning agents on the leather/dashboard before handover to you?

Just leave in the sun to bake with some windows partially down, should be ok liao bah.

I also felt bit sick once after doing servicing when they did something to the AC. 

Its just kinda fragrance whereby you enters you will smell it. It smell good but after a while, it makes me dizzy and headache.

I guess the smell must be from the previous owner,they use air freshener inside and the interior has all the smell on them now..it might take a while before it goes away..i hope.

Its just kinda fragrance whereby you enters you will smell it. It smell good but after a while, it makes me dizzy and headache.

I guess the smell must be from the previous owner,they use air freshener inside and the interior has all the smell on them now..it might take a while before it goes away..i hope.

Could have been used to counter cigarette smell too.

I am thinking to get the Hyundai Elantra 2011 model with 1 year COE left and to renew COE (for 5 years) next year. Any known major problem for this 2011 model and what are the parts definitely have to be replaced for a 9 years old car if I bought from the used car dealer? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1