Soh Rui Yong is not selected for SEA Games

Ender

Not surprising that they can't find witnesses la.

SG media isn't known for investigative journalism. They are only good at propaganda and sensationalism. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Same thing happened a few years back in STTA when Feng Tian Wei was dropped from the national team.

Those who are outspoken will not be tolerated in local sporting arena!

Edited by Civic101

You need to give examples for a) . since you say it is common should not be hard to give one real life example. I am curious what your example did compared to Soh...  

For B) I think it is reasonable as there are always good reasons for sending someone other than the BEST, maybe for grooming new blood, etc. However, I don't think this is valid in this discussion. Soh was not dropped in favour for some else because there were not enough vacancies. He was just dropped. 

Feng Tian Wei? 

And just whatever has happened, it is actually very tough to be drop from the team. In fact SG is more than dying to send athletes out to compete.  I witness how SA try to set up extra competitions, and sending athletes for overseas competitions so that they can qualify for the SEA games end of the year. 

To drop a qualify athlete from the team is never easy, to drop a gold medalist is even a harder decision to make.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Same thing happened a few years back in STTA when Feng Tian Wei was dropped from the national team.

I think ftw one was more like she's the incumbent no. 1 but they needed to put in new blood. But she obviously felt otherwise. 老将vs下一代。

Don't think she's so troublemaker from what I recall.

Feng Tian Wei?

And just whatever has happened, it is actually very tough to be drop from the team. In fact SG is more than dying to send athletes out to compete. I witness how SA try to set up extra competitions, and sending athletes for overseas competitions so that they can qualify for the SEA games end of the year.

To drop a qualify athlete from the team is never easy, to drop a gold medalist is even a harder decision to make. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Lol the current sponsor is who? Haha can't be 2xu again right?

Feng Tian Wei? 

And just whatever has happened, it is actually very tough to be drop from the team. In fact SG is more than dying to send athletes out to compete.  I witness how SA try to set up extra competitions, and sending athletes for overseas competitions so that they can qualify for the SEA games end of the year. 

To drop a qualify athlete from the team is never easy, to drop a gold medalist is even a harder decision to make.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually Soh's case, is SA nominate Soh for the coming  SEA game, but SNOC reject the nomination from SA. That means Soh had met the SA criteria.

The sticky point is likely to be the accusation of Liew's sportmenship which SNOC already nomiated for that sportmenship award. Despite independent witness supporting Soh's claim had step forward, my guess is SNOC doesn't want to reopen a 3 year old case they deemed as closed. in the sense, Soh's does seem like a trouble maker for them.

Actually Soh's case, is SA nominate Soh for the coming  SEA game, but SNOC reject the nomination from SA. That means Soh had met the SA criteria.

The sticky point is likely to be the accusation of Liew's sportmenship which SNOC already nomiated for that sportmenship award. Despite independent witness supporting Soh's claim had step forward, my guess is SNOC doesn't want to reopen a 3 year old case they deemed as closed. in the sense, Soh's does seem like a trouble maker for them.

Got independent witnesses supporting Soh's claim?

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/i-didnt-see-anybody-slow-down-says-filipino-marathoner-ashley-liews-act-sportsmanship-2015

Other witnesses whom TODAY previously spoke to said they did not want to get involved, or had not seen the incident.

Following Soh's comments on Sunday, two witnesses who saw the incident at East Coast Park in 2015 told TODAY that they did not see Liew, or any other runner, slowing down for the others after the U-turn blunder.

Today’s independent investigation on the incident.

I find it totally weird that today can’t find any person to support Liew account.

Of course SNOC can find 4 sworn statements but today cannot find any.

I better not comment anymore later kenna something. To be being banned from sea games for posting something is kind of harsh.

I kind of understand how he felt after all these years where he being the gold medal winner did not get even half the limelight as Liew...

Firstly he is not banned from SEA games, he can still participate as an individual (but still have to represent SG)  with no connection to SA or SNOC, and he can keep all his winnings. However he would still have to apply Sanction from SA, otherwise his race result will not be recognize.  He will therefore also have to make his own arrangement from registration, travel and accommodation, including costs of flying his coach to the competition. 

Personally I dont think he is drop because of his postings in public, it is more of the lawsuit and disciplinary action taken against him by SNOC.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Got independent witnesses supporting Soh's claim?

That filipno maratonerr, and the coach standing at ECP.

Well it's like getting rejected by a girl at which point right.

Does she outright reject you while u ask for coffee, or meet u for coffee and tell you u no chance....

Maybe SA knows SNOC will reject. So hence still nominate him lor even though they don't really want anything to do with him.

It's hard to say ... the outcome is there, but the process behind it is behind closed doors.

SNOC can always act as the bad guy mah. Since they aren't the ones dealing with the athletes during most of the time.

Feng TW was drop from STTA direct, and not SNOC. And Fend wasnt even half as aggressive as Soh.

SA, despite Soh having disagreement with them, recommended him for SEA games, but Soh was drop by SNOC, which is a bigger issue here. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

Well it's like getting rejected by a girl at which point right.

Does she outright reject you while u ask for coffee, or meet u for coffee and tell you u no chance....

Maybe SA knows SNOC will reject. So hence still nominate him lor even though they don't really want anything to do with him.

It's hard to say ... the outcome is there, but the process behind it is behind closed doors.

SNOC can always act as the bad guy mah. Since they aren't the ones dealing with the athletes during most of the time.

I have the impression he had resolved his issue with SA diespite past comment, as he is still receiving some allowance from SA. So SA had invested (though not much) some money in him, don't think they would be part of the plan to take him out. But just me as an outsider saying. Don't know what going on inside.

Edited by Ender

Will be more interesting if he contests on his own and win gold.

Would SNOC with thick skin celebrate/count the gold in its tally?

Firstly he is not banned from SEA games, he can still participate as an individual (but still have to represent SG)  with no connection to SA or SNOC, and he can keep all his winnings. However he would still have to apply Sanction from SA, otherwise his race result will not be recognize.  He will therefore also have to make his own arrangement from registration, travel and accommodation, including costs of flying his coach to the competition. 

Personally I dont think he is drop because of his postings in public, it is more of the lawsuit and disciplinary action taken against him by SNOC.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

If TCJ is on SNOC, I think he's big on being a team player.

Being a team player here doesn't mean just between athletes, it also means between coaches, association and the athlete in question.

This one is like taking o level private candidate. 

• Praise 1

Lol the current sponsor is who? Haha can't be 2xu again right?

Current SA official apparel sponsor? 

Under Armour.  [thumbsup]

2XU ask them go F spider liao... [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually Soh's incident create quite a big inconvenient  among many athletes who went for overseas races early part of the year. Just that many choose to not talk about it.  [:p]

Will be more interesting if he contests on his own and win gold.

Would SNOC with thick skin celebrate/count the gold in its tally?

He's a gold medal level athlete, the chance of him winning again is of course there. So SNOC when omitting him, must have measured the risk already. What they do then is probably already pre-planned.

Whether they are competent or incompetent, this one should already have plans liao  [laugh]

In politics as well

Current SA official apparel sponsor? 

Under Armour.  [thumbsup]

2XU ask them go F spider liao... [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually Soh's incident create quite a big inconvenient  among many athletes who went for overseas races early part of the year. Just that many choose to not talk about it.  [:p]

ya, this guy can bring them medal , which is what they want.

unless really got no choice, really buay ta han. 

if not they wont ban him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1