Soh Rui Yong is not selected for SEA Games

Ender

He's so big and burly frame.

Seriously, the reason why he can do this is cos hardly anyone in SEA is his size. He's like the Mountain size for a singaporean. Like Adrianli but maybe packing another 20-30kg easy.

Ya that’s true, size matters for throwing Field events. He is Ang Moh size.

Last time, the Chinese born shot putter who goes back to China n only appears during SEA games also won a gold before due to her size. But subsequently, the competition caught up n she could only win other coloured medals. On a side note, nvr understood why SA entertained this kind of Athlete who obviously out to milk $ whilst we shamelessly indulged her.

Back to Soh......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

If he runs in Philippines, he is at least 10% off his Seoul Marathon time.

March is cool and dry to set a record.  Unlike November

at least 10% off his Seoul timing? 

He ran 2:23:42 in Seoul, 10% off means in Philippines he can run 2:09:16? 

Mai talk cock lah!!!

I know bulls**t is free, but at least do a little maths before you shoot lah....

It will be superb if he can pull off 2:20, I dont think @ender or anyone will agree he can do a 2:09:16 if he runs in Philippines...

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

10% off his Seoul timing? 

He ran 2:23:42 in Seoul, 10% off means in Philippines he can run 2:09:16? 

Mai talk cock lah!!!

I know bulls**t is free, but at least do a little maths before you shoot lah....

I meant he should be slower by at least 10%.

Sorry for NOT making myself clear.

Ya that’s true, size matters for throwing Field events. He is Ang Moh size.

Last time, the Chinese born shot putter who goes back to China n only appears during SEA games also won a gold before due to her size. But subsequently, the competition caught up n she could only win other coloured medals. On a side note, nvr understood why SA entertained this kind of Athlete who obviously out to milk $ whilst we shamelessly indulged her.

Back to Soh......

I don't understand also. But well ... no point beating SA's head over what happened almost 15-20 years ago.

At least for T&F, all seem to be local athletes now. Other than TT, don't think got any foreign-born athlete policy?

Too bad James Wong old liao cos last time he won multiple Gold medals at discus for us in SEA games as he was so much better than the competition that he could even take a break n only start serious training nearer the start of the games n still walk away with the Gold medal

Edited by Tianmo

I meant he should be slower by at least 10%.

Sorry for NOT making myself clear.

OKOk miscommunications... [:p]

But I also dont agree that he will be 10% slower, 10% is like 14 min slower, which is about 2:37. 

IIRC, Soh has not run slower than 2:30 in the last 2 years. Anything above 2:26 would be bad for him already.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I don't understand also. But well ... no point beating SA's head over what happened almost 15-20 years ago.

At least for T&F, all seem to be local athletes now. Other than TT, don't think got any foreign-born athlete policy?

Yah, as far as I know, T&F now are all locals.

One of the condition for nomination to the games is must be SG citizen, PR also no count.

If i am not wrong, at national school levels, only SG citizen can participate and get invited to join the high performance development team. PR not entitle.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

The fight goes on.

This morning in the papers, Soh has issued lawyer letters to both SNOC and SA. One sueing SNOC for rejecting his nomination to SEA games, the other to SA for not appealing against the rejection. Both SNOC and SA have referred the letters to their respective lawyers.

If both SNOC and SA decides to take him on, it would mean he will have 4 court cases to manage, 2 against SNOC, 1 against SA, and 1 against Liew. Looks like going to be a lot of running for him coming up, not on the road, but to and from the courts.

I think his supporters can start to standby their cheques liao, preapre for a call for donation to help fight for his right in the name of justice. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If nothing else, he has my admiration for standing up for what he believes in, in a rational way. As far as I can tell, this is not a case of him flaying about and opposing with bare assertions, he is taking the fight to SNOC and SA by trying to hold them accountable for the rules that they themselves have set. Not saying that it will eventually be found to be the case (that remains to be seen), but it will be the ultimate climbdown for SNOC/SA if they are indeed found to have not adhered to the requirements they have put out for selection.

Soh must be either financially secure to fight on 3 fronts or will a crowdfunding exercise start soon?

Personally, from what I have read about him, and what he has done so far, I dont think he has the means to see them through, even have also he wont use his own money to do it. High chance of a crowdfunding campaign on the way.

Given so many proven cases in SG, as long as you cry victim, or fighting against any governing body in the name of justices, no scare no money come flowing in to support. 

The more important question is, will he get enough support funds to last him till the end if he needs to keep appealing, or if the opposite keeps appealing.  All 4 cases are somehow linked, so if there is any appealing, chances are for all the 4. Each appeal is in the region of 5 dig, I think he needs to stand by close to $500,000 before he steps into the courts.

Lets also not forget that SNOC and SA are ruling entities, the ones who set the rules. Liew has ONEathlete behind him, where I think Mok is also part of ONEathlete. 

Soh? He must be very confident of his cases, or pocket very very deep, or already got big mountain set up an account to help him fight his cases, or his head is simply too big for his brain to work properly.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally, from what I have read about him, and what he has done so far, I dont think he has the means to see them through, even have also he wont use his own money to do it. High chance of a crowdfunding campaign on the way.

Given so many proven cases in SG, as long as you cry victim, or fighting against any governing body in the name of justices, no scare no money come flowing in to support.

The more important question is, will he get enough support funds to last him till the end if he needs to keep appealing, or if the opposite keeps appealing. All 4 cases are somehow linked, so if there is any appealing, chances are for all the 4. Each appeal is in the region of 5 dig, I think he needs to stand by close to $500,000 before he steps into the courts.

Lets also not forget that SNOC and SA are ruling entities, the ones who set the rules. Liew has ONEathlete behind him, where I think Mok is also part of ONEathlete.

Soh? He must be very confident of his cases, or pocket very very deep, or already got big mountain set up an account to help him fight his cases, or his head is simply too big for his brain to work properly. [:p][laugh][laugh]

To be fair, it's its reputation at sake. So of coz need to fight for the right la. If not his reputation is damaged just like that.

• Praise 1

To be fair, it's its reputation at sake. So of coz need to fight for the right la. If not his reputation is damaged just like that.

Abit ironic isn’t it saying that Soh’s reputation is at stake cos in the first place if u look back it was he who cast doubts on Liew, SNOC n whoever by coming up with all sorts of accusations, justified or otherwise. N now if he claims that his reputation is at stake, I would then say who threw the first stone?

• Praise 7

Want to sue here sue there. Really very expensive siah

Other people is use zheng hu money and sponsor money to defend themselves (SNOC and SA)  :huh:

U is using your own money (or maybe soon to be crowdfunded $)

Abit ironic isn’t it saying that Soh’s reputation is at stake cos in the first place if u look back it was he who cast doubts on Liew, SNOC n whoever by coming up with all sorts of accusations, justified or otherwise. N now if he claims that his reputation is at stake, I would then say who threw the first stone?

I dont know if anybody follows,  but i think this is all a snowballing effect. 

It all started in 2016, the year after he won his first SEA games gold medal. He started by criticizing the SA Olympics selection criteria, and gotten into a debate with Mok. And then  he got more vocal, and decided to change the rules himself, disregard replies from corporate sponsors and SA.   

If anyone remember, he was almost drop from the team 1 week before the 2017 SEA games, but because he was 50% of gold medal, SA lanlan goestan and let him go. Instead of appreciating the chance, he made things difficult for SA by cutting holes in his singlet as a form of protest to the reply by 2XU, resulting in the then Technical Director to yell at him at the start line. BIG disgrace to both SA and himself, and of course the whole of the SG team. 

That incident could have added a lot fuel to his fire burning, and so he pushed on, thinking that nobody can do anything to him, because he is the best, and SA cannot afford to drop him. Then with the same mindset  when problem with SNOC and Liew arrived, he decided to take on the bigger animal....

If SA is a little harmless kitty, then SNOC would be a full grown tiger...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Want to sue here sue there. Really very expensive siah

Other people is use zheng hu money and sponsor money to defend themselves (SNOC and SA)  :huh:

U is using your own money (or maybe soon to be crowdfunded $)

actually I think zheng hu money for lawsuit also not suka suka can use one, if no case I also dont think zheng hu will allow it. After all SNOC and SA will have to be accountable for the money used. SA may not even have budgeted for such a lawsuit. SA actually quite poor one.. [:p]

But if Soh starts a crowdfunding donation campaign, he will be using donated money to fight for his "right", no need be accountable to the donor since money donated willing. Why not? 

This one is like the black shirts against the HKPF... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement