Ender

Soh Rui Yong is not selected for SEA Games

Not only Japan, In team of sports in general, Asian games include China, TW and SK also.

Last time I been wondering how come the reward in commonwealth game is so much lower than Asian games, because I always though commonwealth games has higher standard.

Lately then I realize, actually the standard of Asian games is already very close to Olympics. If one can make it to Asian games, there is almost no problem getting to Olympics. [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Ya, China and TW. Actually Chinese gene can run endurance. Lose out to Kenyan and Etopia only.
↡ Advertisement

Of course not lah.

SG had 58 golds in the last SEA games in 2017.

But in term of athletics, The Track and Field team is not strong, It only contributed 2 golds, of which 1 came from Soh, the other is from high jump.

So, in terms of Athletics, yes he can be quite a big f**k in medal contribution, but on the whole his is still a tiny little fly, 1 less of 58 is not going to make much different, although 1 less of 2 is going to be a big impact for SA. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Too bad James Wong old liao cos last time he won multiple Gold medals at discus for us in SEA games as he was so much better than the competition that he could even take a break n only start serious training nearer the start of the games n still walk away with the Gold medal

• Praise 5

yah 2 hit wonder in SEA games is cfm for him for now, due to politics is for sure, but no one can be sure it will not be due to performance also, unless he gets to run. 

Yes he ran a PB last year in Seoul,  but the weather and conditions in Philippines is not the same as Seoul, and we cannot assume he will produce the same result or run another PB base on what he ran last year. We also cannot assume that the rest of the competition has not caught up base on results 2 years ago, although I think is quite likely since SG has taken the last 3 golds back to back. 

Has he peaked? nobody knows, not even himself.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If he runs in Philippines, he is at least 10% off his Seoul Marathon time.

March is cool and dry to set a record.  Unlike November

Posted (edited)

Too bad James Wong old liao cos last time he won multiple Gold medals at discus for us in SEA games as he was so much better than the competition that he could even take a break n only start serious training nearer the start of the games n still walk away with the Gold medal

Edited by Lala81

He's so big and burly frame.

Seriously, the reason why he can do this is cos hardly anyone in SEA is his size. He's like the Mountain size for a singaporean. Like Adrianli but maybe packing another 20-30kg easy.

Ya that’s true, size matters for throwing Field events. He is Ang Moh size.

Last time, the Chinese born shot putter who goes back to China n only appears during SEA games also won a gold before due to her size. But subsequently, the competition caught up n she could only win other coloured medals. On a side note, nvr understood why SA entertained this kind of Athlete who obviously out to milk $ whilst we shamelessly indulged her.

Back to Soh......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Posted (edited)

If he runs in Philippines, he is at least 10% off his Seoul Marathon time.

March is cool and dry to set a record.  Unlike November

at least 10% off his Seoul timing? 

He ran 2:23:42 in Seoul, 10% off means in Philippines he can run 2:09:16? 

Mai talk cock lah!!!

I know bulls**t is free, but at least do a little maths before you shoot lah....

It will be superb if he can pull off 2:20, I dont think @ender or anyone will agree he can do a 2:09:16 if he runs in Philippines...

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

10% off his Seoul timing? 

He ran 2:23:42 in Seoul, 10% off means in Philippines he can run 2:09:16? 

Mai talk cock lah!!!

I know bulls**t is free, but at least do a little maths before you shoot lah....

I meant he should be slower by at least 10%.

Sorry for NOT making myself clear.

Ya that’s true, size matters for throwing Field events. He is Ang Moh size.

Last time, the Chinese born shot putter who goes back to China n only appears during SEA games also won a gold before due to her size. But subsequently, the competition caught up n she could only win other coloured medals. On a side note, nvr understood why SA entertained this kind of Athlete who obviously out to milk $ whilst we shamelessly indulged her.

Back to Soh......

I don't understand also. But well ... no point beating SA's head over what happened almost 15-20 years ago.

At least for T&F, all seem to be local athletes now. Other than TT, don't think got any foreign-born athlete policy?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tianmo

I meant he should be slower by at least 10%.

Sorry for NOT making myself clear.

OKOk miscommunications... [:p]

But I also dont agree that he will be 10% slower, 10% is like 14 min slower, which is about 2:37. 

IIRC, Soh has not run slower than 2:30 in the last 2 years. Anything above 2:26 would be bad for him already.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I don't understand also. But well ... no point beating SA's head over what happened almost 15-20 years ago.

At least for T&F, all seem to be local athletes now. Other than TT, don't think got any foreign-born athlete policy?

Yah, as far as I know, T&F now are all locals.

One of the condition for nomination to the games is must be SG citizen, PR also no count.

If i am not wrong, at national school levels, only SG citizen can participate and get invited to join the high performance development team. PR not entitle.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

The fight goes on.

This morning in the papers, Soh has issued lawyer letters to both SNOC and SA. One sueing SNOC for rejecting his nomination to SEA games, the other to SA for not appealing against the rejection. Both SNOC and SA have referred the letters to their respective lawyers.

If both SNOC and SA decides to take him on, it would mean he will have 4 court cases to manage, 2 against SNOC, 1 against SA, and 1 against Liew. Looks like going to be a lot of running for him coming up, not on the road, but to and from the courts.

I think his supporters can start to standby their cheques liao, preapre for a call for donation to help fight for his right in the name of justice. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Soh must be either financially secure to fight on 3 fronts or will a crowdfunding exercise start soon?

• Praise 1

If nothing else, he has my admiration for standing up for what he believes in, in a rational way. As far as I can tell, this is not a case of him flaying about and opposing with bare assertions, he is taking the fight to SNOC and SA by trying to hold them accountable for the rules that they themselves have set. Not saying that it will eventually be found to be the case (that remains to be seen), but it will be the ultimate climbdown for SNOC/SA if they are indeed found to have not adhered to the requirements they have put out for selection.

Soh must be either financially secure to fight on 3 fronts or will a crowdfunding exercise start soon?

Personally, from what I have read about him, and what he has done so far, I dont think he has the means to see them through, even have also he wont use his own money to do it. High chance of a crowdfunding campaign on the way.

Given so many proven cases in SG, as long as you cry victim, or fighting against any governing body in the name of justices, no scare no money come flowing in to support. 

The more important question is, will he get enough support funds to last him till the end if he needs to keep appealing, or if the opposite keeps appealing.  All 4 cases are somehow linked, so if there is any appealing, chances are for all the 4. Each appeal is in the region of 5 dig, I think he needs to stand by close to $500,000 before he steps into the courts.

Lets also not forget that SNOC and SA are ruling entities, the ones who set the rules. Liew has ONEathlete behind him, where I think Mok is also part of ONEathlete. 

Soh? He must be very confident of his cases, or pocket very very deep, or already got big mountain set up an account to help him fight his cases, or his head is simply too big for his brain to work properly.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally, from what I have read about him, and what he has done so far, I dont think he has the means to see them through, even have also he wont use his own money to do it. High chance of a crowdfunding campaign on the way.

Given so many proven cases in SG, as long as you cry victim, or fighting against any governing body in the name of justices, no scare no money come flowing in to support.

The more important question is, will he get enough support funds to last him till the end if he needs to keep appealing, or if the opposite keeps appealing. All 4 cases are somehow linked, so if there is any appealing, chances are for all the 4. Each appeal is in the region of 5 dig, I think he needs to stand by close to $500,000 before he steps into the courts.

Lets also not forget that SNOC and SA are ruling entities, the ones who set the rules. Liew has ONEathlete behind him, where I think Mok is also part of ONEathlete.

Soh? He must be very confident of his cases, or pocket very very deep, or already got big mountain set up an account to help him fight his cases, or his head is simply too big for his brain to work properly. [:p][laugh][laugh]

To be fair, it's its reputation at sake. So of coz need to fight for the right la. If not his reputation is damaged just like that.

• Praise 2

To be fair, it's its reputation at sake. So of coz need to fight for the right la. If not his reputation is damaged just like that.

Abit ironic isn’t it saying that Soh’s reputation is at stake cos in the first place if u look back it was he who cast doubts on Liew, SNOC n whoever by coming up with all sorts of accusations, justified or otherwise. N now if he claims that his reputation is at stake, I would then say who threw the first stone?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6