Soh Rui Yong is not selected for SEA Games

Ender

Want to sue here sue there. Really very expensive siah

Other people is use zheng hu money and sponsor money to defend themselves (SNOC and SA)  :huh:

i think zheng hu money is our money

we are 'crowdfunding' SA and SNOC. wahahahahah

knn, i shld tell my boy to be a lawyer. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

How to compete against the best of African like Ethopian and Kenyan?

Build, physiology and genetics are different. Furthermore these people they lived in high altitude.

Mayb can consider Asian Games first? No Africans in Asian Games, only Asians...

But he is not even close to a medal in Asian games standard, granted if he keeps to or better his PB in Seoul through 2021, he would  have a shot at the 2022 Asian games, since this timing is within 6th place ranking of the 2018 Asian games.

Provided he is not drop from the team by that time.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

i think zheng hu money is our money

we are 'crowdfunding' SA and SNOC. wahahahahah

knn, i shld tell my boy to be a lawyer. 

I read briefly 2 days back, that gov proposing a new ruling for lawyers here.  That they only get paid when they win the claim for their client. In my layman term, I think is winner gets paid, loser work for free. 

But I have not gone into details on what is the actual proposal yet... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

2 more days, and we shall see what will be the responses from SNOC and SA... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Interesting, he choose to send the letter on 7 Aug, with the long weekend of 9-12 Aug, leaving them 2 working days (8 &13) to work on his letter...  :huh:

2 more days, and we shall see what will be the responses from SNOC and SA... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Interesting, he choose to send the letter on 7 Aug, with the long weekend of 9-12 Aug, leaving them 2 working days (8 &13) to work on his letter...  :huh:

dealing with such a case, I guess no long weekend for those officials. 

How come I feel this Soh is like a spoilt child huh? Am I the only one with this feeling?

• Praise 2

So finally SNOC and SA responded. 

SNOC requested to extent the dead line of reply to end of this week, and that future corresponds be kept private.  Soh rejected both request via a 2nd legal letter. In order words, SNOC wanted to settle in private, Soh wants to go to court. 

SA responded that SA is willing to go to court, but prefer to use mediation as a first approach to settle the issue. Soh rejected the suggestion of mediation,   and claim that unless SA fulfilled his demand in the 1st legal letter, he is not interested in any meet up. 

Looks like is a see both of you ( SA & SNOC) in court from Soh. 

On top of this, it seem like Soh named Malik Aljiuned in particularly from SA. No writing off that the 2 may also go into a legal battle on a personal note.. 

If Malik takes Soh on personally, then Soh will have 4 courts to attend, and this could go up to 5 if he decides to take on Tan Chuan-Jin since he has single out Tan from SNOC a few times.

Lets wait and see what goes from here.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Meanwhile, for those who are worried of our distances running future, I have good news for you.  Update tomorrow.  ^_^

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

dealing with such a case, I guess no long weekend for those officials. 

How come I feel this Soh is like a spoilt child huh? Am I the only one with this feeling?

the term in my mind is shit-stirrer

• Praise 2

the term in my mind is shit-stirrer

Soh is definitely an a**hole. But he is now one with a case.

This is what happens when sporting organisations move away from simple performance based assessment to other woolly markers like off field conduct blah blah.

You get lousy results, lots of politicking with very public spats and now open themselves up for lawsuits.

This is the rotting state for a lot of singapore’ s sporting organisations. Hahaha

Athletics organisation is so easy to run compared to team sport organisation - still can mess up. Deserve it. Hahaha

• Praise 2

Soh is definitely an a**hole. But he is now one with a case.

This is what happens when sporting organisations move away from simple performance based assessment to other woolly markers like off field conduct blah blah.

You get lousy results, lots of politicking with very public spats and now open themselves up for lawsuits.

This is the rotting state for a lot of singapore’ s sporting organisations. Hahaha

Athletics organisation is so easy to run compared to team sport organisation - still can mess up. Deserve it. Hahaha

huh? There's nothing inherently wrong with having other assessment criteria aside from gold medals.

As a boss, you will hire someone who is the best at getting work done but also gives you the most trouble?

As a uni administrator, you will award the valedictorian to the fellow with the highest GPA but was caught for peeping in the toilet?

huh? There's nothing inherently wrong with having other assessment criteria aside from gold medals.

As a boss, you will hire someone who is the best at getting work done but also gives you the most trouble?

As a uni administrator, you will award the valedictorian to the fellow with the highest GPA but was caught for peeping in the toilet?

As a boss, you should find out why your best worker gives you the most trouble and solve it.

Your uni example has no equivalence in this situation - really pulled off from your a**. Haha

But it is exactly people like your type running our sporting organisations- with the results/lawsuits they deserve.

Worse, it is public like your type supporting the people like your type running down our sporting organisations with zero accountability. Haha

As a boss, you should find out why your best worker gives you the most trouble and solve it.

Your uni example has no equivalence in this situation - really pulled off from your a**. Haha

But it is exactly people like your type running our sporting organisations- with the results/lawsuits they deserve.

Worse, it is public like your type supporting the people like your type running down our sporting organisations with zero accountability. Haha

Disagreeable people (at least to a non pathological state) usually do rise. 

If a person is disagreeable. Doesn't mean the boss has to be agreeable.

The people in charge are in charge of an association/federation, not one person.

Neymar is one of the most recognisable names on the planet. But PSG recently made a public statement "u are under contract. Shut your trap and come back to the fold or you will be junked". 

I'm thinking he's only about 100 times more famous than SRY?

I guess the owners and administrators of PSG also don't know how to run one of the top clubs in football ...

• Praise 1

The people at the top of any organisation are more likely to be disagreeable, rather than agreeable. 

A star performer is just a star performer. Yes talent is talent and not easily retained/replicated (based on pareto's principle).

From an objective point of view, SA has no competition within Singapore. If SRY loses the support of SA/SNOC, at most he just continues to run his own marathons.  

His timing is currently not going to get him into elite podium category for any major meets. He's the best in the region, but is a far cry from even close to being Asian games level.

If I am the SNOC/SA committee members and want to be hard headed about it, do I take the bulls**t that he offers or do i just spend the time/effort on the next generation. Cos frankly, at most he's good for another 1-2 more SEA games?

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

I will repeat! SEA games is small fry la!! Win the Boston the Tokyo la

True. I think Junie sng, Jos Yeo, ang Peng siong... All sea games gold medals collect and give away like finisher t-shirts

True. I think Junie sng, Jos Yeo, ang Peng siong... All sea games gold medals collect and give away like finisher t-shirts

I think don't degrade his achievements lah. He has achieved a lot.

You have to understand that SG has no terrain suitable for training for endurance events. Altitude, weather all works against us.

Similarly, even with all the amateur cyclists enthusiastic about road cycling.

Swimming is just water, it's possible to build a world class competition swimming pool anywhere in the world. But for long distance runners, it's much harder to reach world class level here. Just the local climate alone is not suitable here.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Disagreeable people (at least to a non pathological state) usually do rise.

If a person is disagreeable. Doesn't mean the boss has to be agreeable.

The people in charge are in charge of an association/federation, not one person.

Neymar is one of the most recognisable names on the planet. But PSG recently made a public statement "u are under contract. Shut your trap and come back to the fold or you will be junked".

I'm thinking he's only about 100 times more famous than SRY?

I guess the owners and administrators of PSG also don't know how to run one of the top clubs in football ...

Team sports is trickier but same rule. TEAM performance is paramount.

TEAM sport is to team performance as INDIVIDUAL sport is to individual performance.

Common theme in ALL - PERFORMANCE.

Once you move away, politics, money and whatever will creep in. These will create unhappiness and once you meet someone crazy like Soh. This is what you see.

I am surprised most don’t understand- but I guess this is why we deserve the national sports performance we see. Hahaha

Team sports is trickier but same rule. TEAM performance is paramount.

TEAM sport is to team performance as INDIVIDUAL sport is to individual performance.

Common theme in ALL - PERFORMANCE.

Once you move away, politics, money and whatever will creep in. These will create unhappiness and once you meet someone crazy like Soh. This is what you see.

I am surprised most don’t understand- but I guess this is why we deserve the national sports performance we see. Hahaha

Well, we all deserve what we get. So you aren't wrong.

I think don't degrade his achievements lah. He has achieved a lot.

You have to understand that SG has no terrain suitable for training for endurance events. Altitude, weather all works against us.

Similarly, even with all the amateur cyclists enthusiastic about road cycling.

Swimming is just water, it's possible to build a world class competition swimming pool anywhere in the world. But for long distance runners, it's much harder to reach world class level here. Just the local climate alone is not suitable here.

Somehow, climate and environment, including daily diet, etc., plays a part. Local athletes improve when they go overseas and train, and better still, stay there long-term and train.

I recall when still back in schooldays, was in the athletics / cross-country team of my JC, and we had a friendly with the SAS (sg american school) - can tell you we were totally out-ran [laugh] Not much difference in physical, since it's endurance thing, but somehow we still run out of gas compared to them. Well, these foreign students stayed here and acclimated already, but maybe diet still different and the training techniques and amount of hours is different.

Somehow, climate and environment, including daily diet, etc., plays a part. Local athletes improve when they go overseas and train, and better still, stay there long-term and train.

I recall when still back in schooldays, was in the athletics / cross-country team of my JC, and we had a friendly with the SAS (sg american school) - can tell you we were totally out-ran [laugh] Not much difference in physical, since it's endurance thing, but somehow we still run out of gas compared to them. Well, these foreign students stayed here and acclimated already, but maybe diet still different and the training techniques and amount of hours is different.

Yeah u see some angmohs here going down PCN on their runs, their running pace is really very fast considering they are like in their 30s to 50s. There are asians that can run as fast, but usually all tend to be younger and they all look like they do X-country/track or are army boys haha. Only the rare few non-youngsters like @Ender who runs at a fast pace.

↡ Advertisement