The Bear is handsome   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Bear handsome?

• Yes
    • Yes! Yes! Yes!
    • Definitely
    • Of course

Prologue

Relentless pursuit of excellence. According to many reviews, Lexus is the final word in motoring.

Hold. My. Beer.

There is nothing wrong with a V6, 310 horses of Japanese finest. The fault lies with the user. The car is motoring perfection but the driver wasn’t looking for perfection. The driver is looking for soul. A car that makes you look forward to walking down to the car park and go somewhere even when you don’t have to.

The GS350 time is up. After 6 excellent years or so. I need a new car.

Edited by The_Bear
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So where do we start?

I have owned a Proton. A Z4. Crossroad, Corolla. 3 series, Lexus and even a Ford Capri.

And there was the Skoda Octavia Mk 2 VRS. Let’s start with that Skoda experience.

The last VRS I had was a joy. Harvest Motor gave me a warranty that outlasted them. Now that VAG took over the mantle, I doubt the warranty will outlast them this time.

The new Superb is superb. Except for the 7 speed dry clutch DSG. Then it’s not so superb. I have to blame MCF for this paranoia. All the horror stories in the VW 1.4TSI Threads.

Luckily, the Octavia Mk3 RS245 has too much power for that gearbox. They have to make it wet. I like it that way,

• Praise 2

On 8/2/2019 at 2:41 AM, The_Bear said:

So where do we start?

I have owned a Proton. A Z4. Crossroad, Corolla. 3 series, Lexus and even a Ford Capri.

And there was the Skoda Octavia Mk 2 VRS. Let’s start with that Skoda experience.

The last VRS I had was a joy. Harvest Motor gave me a warranty that outlasted them. Now that VAG took over the mantle, I doubt the warranty will outlast them this time.

The new Superb is superb. Except for the 7 speed dry clutch DSG. Then it’s not so superb. I have to blame MCF for this paranoia. All the horror stories in the VW 1.4TSI Threads.

Luckily, the Octavia Mk3 RS245 has too much power for that gearbox. They have to make it wet. I like it that way,

Only 1.8 Superb is dry.  2.0 is wet.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1