COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Went to few showrooms this Saturday afternoon. Very quiet including Borneo motors. Showrooms only got SE and 1-2 families viewing cars. No need to wait for test drive at any showroom. (Not sure about Mazda, didnt go)

Seems COE will go up this round given 3 weeks and quota reduced but eventually it will be down in coming rounds due to low demand. If Major AD quiet like this on weekends then coe cant keep going up.

Maybe This year CAT-A will remain between 20-30K and CAT-B 30-35K

If the economy worsens due to worsening trade war, i would  project the following, before the end of this year:

Cat A = 20k - 25k

Cat B = 25k - 30k

Edited by Nav14
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Went to Mazda showroom on Saturday around 2pm.

Not crowded at all. Estimated about 4 groups of look-look-see-see customers.

The Mazda3 Astina(top of the range) specs is really good at $107k.

Got everything a typical car buyer wants in a modern car.

The dashboard is classy and looks high SES.

Sunroof, 18" rims, 360Camera, keyless, high end Bose system, lanes keep, active cruise brake, etc.

If only it has the pointed star or propeller blade logo on the front, that would be PERFECT car at the right budget for me.

Edited by Jwee85

Sunroof, 18" rims, 360Camera, keyless, high end Bose system, lanes keep, active cruise brake, etc.

If only it has the pointed star or propeller blade logo on the front, that would be PERFECT car at the right budget for me.

I guess after this wed coe bidding, the showroom will be even more quiet due to coe increased.  [laugh]

Should be up for both Cat A and B ba. Not because I already got my COE. It’s because quota reduced and 3 weeks instead of the usual 2 weeks. And lots of fear mongering happening.

Agreed. 2 more days let's see.

• Praise 2

what brand huh?

I guess after this wed coe bidding, the showroom will be even more quiet due to coe increased. [laugh]

AD already increased prices last week.

If coe goes up, AD can offer discounts again.

AD already increased prices last week.

If coe goes up, AD can offer discounts again.

Must be business very good until they increased price last week liao?!

Bro,  you could strip away all the added functionality and tech in the car, 

Slap a proper badge at it, price it at $100k and it will the perfect car for alot of Singaporeans  [:p] 

Was pretty crowded on Friday evening if I recall correctly though. 

• Praise 1

After this round coe increase, then dealers will have national day promo and COE will continue to rise the next round. Govt really huat

After this round coe increase, then dealers will have national day promo and COE will continue to rise the next round. Govt really huat

Trade war + Currency war....
  • Praise 1

Haha, unfortunately many Sinkies still cannot rise above the meaningless vanity of owning a Merc/BM/Audi.

One need to realize that nobody gives a shit of what car you drive, especially if it’s a so-called luxury car that is yet as common as Toyota Vios.

• Praise 1

Haha, unfortunately many Sinkies still cannot rise above the meaningless vanity of owning a Merc/BM/Audi.

One need to realize that nobody gives a shit of what car you drive, especially if itâs a so-called luxury car that is yet as common as Toyota Vios.

That’s pretty harsh. Sounds like sour grapes.

Not everybody buys those brands for vanity, even though in SG one of the ways to flaunt your wealth is the car you drive. Calling it meaningless is very broadbrush. Unfortunately there is a degree of perception on what car u should drive, depending on your job. If u drive a car way below your means, people may question your financial literacy vs your financial prudence, or you don’t know how to enjoy life.

You also don’t get the technologies of conti cars such as the gearbox in b&b cars. For eg, dsg vs cvt. The driving feel is totally different. If u have not driven a dsg go try.

Reliability may be lower but that goes with all advanced tech. The saying goes, if you don’t do, you don’t make mistakes.

In short, vanity is not meaningless, and people do give a shit about what car you drive, not car enthusiasts but people on the street (many) who can’t differentiate a Suzuki and Seat for e.g., or what car they took on grab.

• Praise 1