COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Haha, unfortunately many Sinkies still cannot rise above the meaningless vanity of owning a Merc/BM/Audi.

One need to realize that nobody gives a shit of what car you drive, especially if it’s a so-called luxury car that is yet as common as Toyota Vios.

Not all buy for the badge. Some buy it to enjoy the superior ride comfort, for example,  which is obvious in some of these luxury models.

↡ Advertisement

That’s pretty harsh. Sounds like sour grapes.

Not everybody buys those brands for vanity, even though in SG one of the ways to flaunt your wealth is the car you drive. Calling it meaningless is very broadbrush. Unfortunately there is a degree of perception on what car u should drive, depending on your job. If u drive a car way below your means, people may question your financial literacy vs your financial prudence, or you don’t know how to enjoy life.

You also don’t get the technologies of conti cars such as the gearbox in b&b cars. For eg, dsg vs cvt. The driving feel is totally different. If u have not driven a dsg go try.

Reliability may be lower but that goes with all advanced tech. The saying goes, if you don’t do, you don’t make mistakes.

In short, vanity is not meaningless, and people do give a shit about what car you drive, not car enthusiasts but people on the street (many) who can’t differentiate a Suzuki and Seat for e.g., or what car they took on grab.

cool, enjoy your expensive luxury car then...if you are driving one.

10 years down the road and we will look back at the financial literacy and prudence. 

• Praise 1

Thatâs pretty harsh. Sounds like sour grapes.

Not everybody buys those brands for vanity, even though in SG one of the ways to flaunt your wealth is the car you drive. Calling it meaningless is very broadbrush. Unfortunately there is a degree of perception on what car u should drive, depending on your job. If u drive a car way below your means, people may question your financial literacy vs your financial prudence, or you donât know how to enjoy life.

You also donât get the technologies of conti cars such as the gearbox in b&b cars. For eg, dsg vs cvt. The driving feel is totally different. If u have not driven a dsg go try.

Reliability may be lower but that goes with all advanced tech. The saying goes, if you donât do, you donât make mistakes.

In short, vanity is not meaningless, and people do give a shit about what car you drive, not car enthusiasts but people on the street (many) who canât differentiate a Suzuki and Seat for e.g., or what car they took on grab.

Maybe I’m in my 40s now and don’t really care what other people think. Just feel quite sad if I let my car define me as a person.

I drive a Skoda now. DSG gearbox turbo engine. Quality can be had without the badge that you pay a premium for

• Praise 4

Maybe Iâm in my 40s now and donât really care what other people think. Just feel quite sad if I let my car define me as a person.

I drive a Skoda now. DSG gearbox turbo engine. Quality can be had without the badge that you pay a premium for

Skoda is value for money no doubt. Good choice.

For the premium cars there is that difference in interior quality and driving dynamics, so that’s where the money comes in. And no doubt Skoda has a good range of cars, there are some ranges which r not found here in Skoda, like performance suvs, coupes, 2 doors etc.

Now only 1.20pm, already 679 bids out of the 1k quota for Cat A already. Dunno later Cat A increase by how much.

Would you know how much?

10 years down the road and we will look back at the financial literacy and prudence. 

Unless I regret spending the money (unlikely if you had done your sums) and result in bad financial situation, I will likely look back at the 10 years of driving comfort and enjoyment instead.

Do not want to look back at 10 years and wondered why I didn't make life more enjoyable while there is still time. All the money saved but all the time lost.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Aiyo , this thread is for COE lei .. knn , now become a thread for who can full cash this car or those who loan for cars are stupid and will suffer bankruptcy in the long run lor .....  

Go open your own thread to argue or haolian about what cars you full cash please  ... 

Lets just keep this thread for COE discussion lei  ... 

• Praise 7

Now only 1.20pm, already 679 bids out of the 1k quota for Cat A already. Dunno later Cat A increase by how much.

Really curious to see later how much Cat A will increase? Guess should be at least $3k to $5k?

Supercharged

I hope that the COE continues to go up and up and up lor ... 

Why ?? Cos i got mine already at 34k so if it continues to go up before i collect my car , feels shiok lor .... 

Definitely sour grapes. If can afford it, why not? What’s the purpose of saving so much money anyway? Buy 2 houses, 3 houses maybe more? No matter how rich or how poor we are, we all have about 80 yrs walking on this world.

I got a friend in his 50s, earning about half million a year, have saved millions, still going to drive his 2nd Toyota sienta to the end of COE. In the end, he can look back at financial prudence and the many millions his children can enjoy. Good for him.

• Praise 1

Only 2pm think soon Cat A will be the first one to break egg?! Looks like Cat A business very good and strong in this round bidding.

Edited by 13177

Only 2pm think soon Cat A will be the first one to break egg?! Looks like Cat A business very good and strong in this round bidding.

Maybe 2:15 break egg liao
  • Praise 1