COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Coe went up so much, this coming weekend or next, showroom should be like ghost town. I believe the $6k increased in Cat A should be due to some big car company bidding for commercial use?!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

when the economy is booming, everyone jumps into buying new cars

COE surge will be followed by many more rushing to the showrooms, afraid that the prices will go up further

when economy tanks, a high COE price will probably see empty showrooms, as people avoid to commit to big ticket items during times of uncertainty

just my guess

• Praise 1

COE surge will be followed by many more rushing to the showrooms, afraid that the prices will go up further

when economy tanks, a high COE price will probably see empty showrooms, as people avoid to commit to big ticket items during times of uncertainty

just my guess

Heyday is over. Edited by Twich

just my guess

These are funny human behaviour isn't it. A car or a house is a medium to long term commitment. Yet buying behaviour is made based on at the moment kind of mindset. E.g Good time buy car can over stretch to take loan say 7 years - as if so sure good times confirm for 7 years. Vice versa Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 2

These are funny human behaviour isn't it. A car or a house is a medium to long term commitment. Yet buying behaviour is made based on at the moment kind of mindset. E.g Good time buy car can over stretch to take loan say 7 years - as if so sure good times confirm for 7 years. Vice versa

In the SG context, buying a car with the 10-year (or 15-year) lifespan is about timing the COE. This is unique to SG, unlike other countries, where one can decide to use the car forever if money is an issue, to spread out the cash flow. I think, just like houses, there would be opportunities to refinance and reduce the monthly installment.

Similarly for the used car market. In SG, the prices follow the new car market with slight discount. Again, this is unique to SG with the COE system. When new car prices are high, used car prices will follow. 

• Praise 5

Meaning"???????????? Wat is meaning

The world has totally changed.....Serious challenge is ahead.

Singapore nang will still buy, whether can afford or not. No car, no dream fulfilled.

Make sure there is 300K in the saving account. And no family commitments.

My ride expires in Dec.. Still have hope for decrease in COE price? Looking to get new ride..

You hoping COE to decrease to how much before your buy?

Turbocharged

My ride expires in Dec.. Still have hope for decrease in COE price? Looking to get new ride..

No harm to wait and monitor.

Anyway, if you  trade in your existing ride, you'd be getting just the paper value.

Might as well use it till the end of its lifespan.

So even if you eventually pay slightly more for your new ride, the fact that you maxed out the life span of your existing car and used it till the last day covers up for it.

Sure to have promo end of the year from Nov, as distributors make a last ditched effort to meet their annual sales quota.

Edited by Vinceng

Dear all, newbie here. would like to seek opinion and advise here.

i am first time car buyer, found a PI offered 1 time guaranteed COE bidding.

after the COE bidding, they unable to secure me a COE due to outbid by last min.

1. is the deal still valid?

2. will there be any compensation i can get if i cancel the deal?

Thank you in advance Sensei & senpai here.

after the COE bidding, they unable to secure me a COE due to outbid by last min.

Most likely they will offer you open cat.

If they ask you to top up, tell them the deal is off, and get back your deposit.

Does the sales agreement states the terms of the refund?

If they say 1 time guaranteed coe and now they cannot secure coe for you, by right they should refund your deposit to you. So that you can move to other ADs.

↡ Advertisement