COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Supercharged

Best to ask them, as they make the final decision.

Dear all, newbie here. would like to seek opinion and advise here.

i am first time car buyer, found a PI offered 1 time guaranteed COE bidding.

after the COE bidding, they unable to secure me a COE due to outbid by last min.

1. is the deal still valid?

2. will there be any compensation i can get if i cancel the deal?

Thank you in advance Sensei & senpai here.

↡ Advertisement

Most likely they will offer you open cat.

If they ask you to top up, tell them the deal is off, and get back your deposit.

Does the sales agreement states the terms of the refund?

No, they didn't offer me open cat. i am buying a Cat A car, i don't think they will spend that extra.

they told me as below.

1. "they will surely bid by the highest in the next bid", which i got doubt in this statement, there's always a chance to get outbid unless they really bid @ $40K or even higher in Cat A.

2. They did not ask for top up and assured me that i will get my car at their agreed handover date range.

or i just wait for the second bid and see what is the outcome?

If they say 1 time guaranteed coe and now they cannot secure coe for you, by right they should refund your deposit to you. So that you can move to other ADs.

i got think of this option, the problem is.. the price offered by other all increased by 6K now.. i feel i am like the meat on chopping board... just lay there and kena chop....

No, they didn't offer me open cat. i am buying a Cat A car, i don't think they will spend that extra.

they told me as below.

1. "they will surely bid by the highest in the next bid", which i got doubt in this statement, there's always a chance to get outbid unless they really bid @ $40K or even higher in Cat A.

2. They did not ask for top up and assured me that i will get my car at their agreed handover date range.

Thought they have already mentioned that they only offered 1 bid guaranteed coe? And now if they cannot secure any coe, why they didnt give you back your deposit and still ask you to wait for second bid?

Edited by 13177

My ride expires in Dec.. Still have hope for decrease in COE price? Looking to get new ride..

Why not u just buy when the coe dips in about 2-3 bidding rounds then go for 8 bid non-g so u can delay your collection.

Get for reputable ADs and resist the top up game, they will deliver the car to you regardless.

Thought they have already mentioned that they only offered 1 bid guaranteed coe? And now if they cannot secure any coe, why they didnt give you back your deposit and still ask you to wait for second bid?

they said if i cancel my deal, i wont get the price they offered outside. true enough that all ADs price raised by 6K.

i am in dilemma situation, i want the deal which is quite a good deal to me but i feel i got cheated by them. 

so actually 1 bid guaranteed COE also not a confirm thing.. just want to raise this issue up for all to discuss. 

i can only make 2 more post after this.. hahaha.

"You can make 3 more posts until 09 August 2019 - 09:54 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 8 more approved posts"

• Praise 1

they told me as below.

i got think of this option, the problem is.. the price offered by other all increased by 6K now.. i feel i am like the meat on chopping board... just lay there and kena chop....

Which PI is this, if you don’t mind saying...

The next bid is in 2 weeks time, and likely CAT A will have an increase again.

If they never ask you to TOP up, I think it’s ok. Cause price increase means the topping up game will start.

Do you still need the car?

If I were you, I will cancel and walk away from the deal.

I think the entire automobile business knows CAT A will go up. To offer 1 bid guaranteed COE and still not get, just meant that they try to squeeze whatever small margin from the buyer.

they told me as below.

Are you in a hurry to get the car?

I would suggest wait 2 weeks. And see if you can squeeze them for any freebies since they didn't fulfil their part of the deal.

• Praise 1

they said if i cancel my deal, i wont get the price they offered outside. true enough that all ADs price raised by 6K.

i am in dilemma situation, i want the deal which is quite a good deal to me but i feel i got cheated by them. 

so actually 1 bid guaranteed COE also not a confirm thing.. just want to raise this issue up for all to discuss. 

i can only make 2 more post after this.. hahaha.

"You can make 3 more posts until 09 August 2019 - 09:54 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 8 more approved posts"

I guess car dealers whether it is PI or AD, all play the same game. Heard some AD they can even did not submit bid for their customer but counted as 1 bid la. But if the car dealer give you guaranteed coe,  esp when they already said that it is 1 guaranteed bid, by right they must secure the coe for you lo. No wonder you feel cheated by them.

I guess car dealers whether it is PI or AD, all play the same game. Heard some AD they can even did not submit bid for their customer but counted as 1 bid la. But if the car dealer give you guaranteed coe, esp when they already said that it is 1 guaranteed bid, by right they must secure the coe for you lo. No wonder you feel cheated by them.

Yes... I encountered one AD. Reputable.

Won’t say the name, but their PhV fleet is on the roads now.

they told me as below.

I will ask them to give more freebies due to the delay and give them 1 more attempt failing which they have to give you some compensation for the loss in opportunity, all in black and white.

My gut feel is Cat A might soften by $1-2k due to technical correction in the next COE tender, so there is a good chance of securing your COE in 2 weeks' time.

Which PI is this, if you don’t mind saying...

The next bid is in 2 weeks time, and likely CAT A will have an increase again.

If they never ask you to TOP up, I think it’s ok. Cause price increase means the topping up game will start.

Do you still need the car?

If I were you, I will cancel and walk away from the deal.

I think the entire automobile business knows CAT A will go up. To offer 1 bid guaranteed COE and still not get, just meant that they try to squeeze whatever small margin from the buyer.

Not nice to name them here cause the PI so far the attitude to me is good, the sales man also served me very well. 

i would say is good to have a car for convenient. but i can live without having a car as well. if i walk away this deal, i will not get this price maybe in coming 2-5 years?

they are honoring their word, no top up required.

reply to " Are you in a hurry to get the car?

I would suggest wait 2 weeks. And see if you can squeeze them for any freebies since they didn't fulfil their part of the deal."

Not in hurry, i am ok to wait for the next COE bidding. they cant offer me any freebies as they had given their best to me. Anything on top of that will affect the Sales man comm which i do not want to jeopardize people's earning. everyone need the earning for living.

reply to " I guess car dealers whether it is PI or AD, all play the same game. Heard some AD they can even did not submit bid for their customer but counted as 1 bid la. But if the car dealer give you guaranteed coe,  esp when they already said that it is 1 guaranteed bid, by right they must secure the coe for you lo. No wonder you feel cheated by them."

the PI did submit the bid around last few min, but gotten out bid. I think this cant blame them as everyone chiong in last min, so this is my luck i guess... feel cheated, but nothing i can claim from them... walk away deal = my loss... so conclusion... wait lor......

Not nice to name them here cause the PI so far the attitude to me is good, the sales man also served me very well. 

i would say is good to have a car for convenient. but i can live without having a car as well. if i walk away this deal, i will not get this price maybe in coming 2-5 years?

they are honoring their word, no top up required.

reply to " Are you in a hurry to get the car?

I would suggest wait 2 weeks. And see if you can squeeze them for any freebies since they didn't fulfil their part of the deal."

Not in hurry, i am ok to wait for the next COE bidding. they cant offer me any freebies as they had given their best to me. Anything on top of that will affect the Sales man comm which i do not want to jeopardize people's earning. everyone need the earning for living.

reply to " I guess car dealers whether it is PI or AD, all play the same game. Heard some AD they can even did not submit bid for their customer but counted as 1 bid la. But if the car dealer give you guaranteed coe,  esp when they already said that it is 1 guaranteed bid, by right they must secure the coe for you lo. No wonder you feel cheated by them."

the PI did submit the bid around last few min, but gotten out bid. I think this cant blame them as everyone chiong in last min, so this is my luck i guess... feel cheated, but nothing i can claim from them... walk away deal = my loss... so conclusion... wait lor......

Suggest you just stick to this deal at least for one more round. Sudden sharp increase could be cause of your outbid which your PI may  have not anticipated. 

Edited by Mann123

Dear all, newbie here. would like to seek opinion and advise here.

i am first time car buyer, found a PI offered 1 time guaranteed COE bidding.

after the COE bidding, they unable to secure me a COE due to outbid by last min.

1. is the deal still valid?

2. will there be any compensation i can get if i cancel the deal?

Thank you in advance Sensei & senpai here.

You should not cancel the deal. just ask them to secure the COE for you the next round. Lucky yours is guaranteed, imagine if you had bought non-guaranteed.

Edited by andrewyewkc
  • Praise 1

If the car you are buying is already in SG, ask them to include the VIN number in the agreement. Like that they cannot sell the same car to another person and die die must get the COE for you

You should not cancel the deal. just ask them to secure the COE for you the next round. Lucky yours is guaranteed, imagine if you had bought non-guaranteed.

Hopefully his dealer can secure coe for him, if not dont know what should be the next course of action?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

they told me as below.

So long as they hand you the car with COE by the agreed date range, there is no misrepresetation and the contract is valid legally.

↡ Advertisement