COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Maybe many ADs anticipated that next round coe will drop back to 29k to 30k? Thats why they didn’t bid this round since this round really increased a lot.

I don't rmb any sellers actually wrote down ng/g bids "consecutively.

Get it written down, including approximate delivery date range.

Yo bro, i kanna this with jaguar from wearnes. Any other bros can help out? I sign an agreement with jaguar from wearnes on 30th july with 4 ng bids and can back out if coe is not secured within 4 ng bids. On the actual day of bidding, Agent gave me excuse and tell me car loan haven approve, so they cant bid this rd coe. However, i receive a phone call from the bank on 7th aug to verify for car loan application and they mention to me that the application is only sent today. So i smell some deliberation of not bidding from the agent. Any advice on what i should do? Are they allowed to skip all coe bidding and only bid coe when coe is lower?

honestly, if I were to buy car's brand like jaguar, volvo, bmw, merc, bmw. I would not bother too much about coe bidding unless coe suddenly shot up $20k-$30k. I am pretty sure these AD will finally close the deal.  

Edited by Jp66
  • Praise 1

no lah, close shop just because of one screwed up deal?

any decent PI will compensate to keep his business and reputation going

Yeah that's exactly what I meant bro  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Maybe many ADs anticipated that next round coe will drop back to 29k to 30k? Thats why they didnât bid this round since this round really increased a lot.

AD should know very well that COE wont drop back to29k to 30k, one can simply tell by looking at the close to 1,000 unsuccessful bids, COE price will only be on the uptrend, no way it will come down. Unless dealers are able to clear their backlogs by next few bids , which is unlikely. Of course my judgement could be terribly wrong. Edited by Ct3833

AD should know very well that COE wont drop back to29k to 30k, one can simply tell by looking at the close to 1,000 unsuccessful bids, COE price will only be on the uptrend, no way it will come down. Unless dealers are able to clear their backlogs by next few bids , which is unlikely. Of course my judgement could be terribly wrong.

Looks like the impact on the reduce coe quota really huge! Can drive the Cat A coe back to 30k or even 40k level!

Looks like the impact on the reduce coe quota really huge! Can drive the Cat A coe back to 30k or even 40k level!

Electio is around the corner, LTA wont want to screw the votes, but let's wait till election is over, we shall see if they will bring in taxi companies to help push up COE price or not.

honestly, if I were to buy car's brand like jaguar, volvo, bmw, merc, bmw. I would not bother too much about coe bidding unless coe suddenly shot up $20k-$30k. I am pretty sure these AD will finally close the deal.

But the question is how long they will make me wait. If coe continue to go up, it also mean they will not bid at all and my deposit is always stuck with them
  • Praise 1

But the question is how long they will make me wait. If coe continue to go up, it also mean they will not bid at all and my deposit is always stuck with them

Premium makes has gotten a big margin from you already so worst case (at the end of 4 bids as contracted), they probably give you a open CAT end of day. I suppose you sign the contract knowing it is for the duration of 4 bids.

You can give your inputs here if otherwise. Would be an interesting case that I hardly heard of.

• Praise 2

Only stuck with them for 4 bids, about 2 months la. After which either they return you your deposit or offer you an open Cat, or even worst case ask you to top up.

4-6 bid to allow them AD to play with their profit.. spend so much time and effort trying to profit more from coe instead of selling their car.... this is Singapore! Haha

• Praise 1

Only stuck with them for 4 bids, about 2 months la. After which either they return you your deposit or offer you an open Cat, or even worst case ask you to top up.

Depends whether they diligently bid for every rd. Haha.
  • Praise 1

Depends whether they diligently bid for every rd. Haha.

If they counted every bid even though they did not bid, still not so bad. Just tie by them for 2 months.

the PI did not state the approx delivery date, is this means they can play until whenever they want, regardless 1 bid guaranteed COE?

Edited by sp1d3rMan77
  • Praise 1

Yo bro, i kanna this with jaguar from wearnes. Any other bros can help out? I sign an agreement with jaguar from wearnes on 30th july with 4 ng bids and can back out if coe is not secured within 4 ng bids. On the actual day of bidding, Agent gave me excuse and tell me car loan haven approve, so they cant bid this rd coe. However, i receive a phone call from the bank on 7th aug to verify for car loan application and they mention to me that the application is only sent today. So i smell some deliberation of not bidding from the agent. Any advice on what i should do? Are they allowed to skip all coe bidding and only bid coe when coe is lower?

My guess is that the SE was busy and may have overlooked. Should not be an deliberate delay. They earn about 30% profit (50k?) from your car, no need to chut pattern to save a few k
  • Praise 1

My guess is that the SE was busy and may have overlooked. Should not be an deliberate delay. They earn about 30% profit (50k?) from your car, no need to chut pattern to save a few k

I hope so. Cos i cant interpret how much can they earn from deliberation.