COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2019

Carbon82

I hope so. Cos i cant interpret how much can they earn from deliberation.

Go to lta website and look for car costs. From there you will know how much you have overpaid for your car.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

the PI did not state the approx delivery date, is this means they can play until whenever they want, regardless 1 bid guaranteed COE?

If they didn’t commit to a delivery date, technically yes because all you can harp on is where is your COE. They could have gotten your COE and still deliver your car 5 months later.

Don’t understand why didn’t get a delivery date in the first place.

And btw, you said since you’re buying Cat A so you don’t think that they will “spend that extra” on you. It’s not about spending extra - contractually they are supposed to do it.

Edited by subzero17
  • Praise 1

If they didn’t commit to a delivery date, technically yes because all you can harp on is where is your COE. They could have gotten your COE and still deliver your car 5 months later.

Don’t understand why didn’t get a delivery date in the first place.

And btw, you said since you’re buying Cat A so you don’t think that they will “spend that extra” on you. It’s not about spending extra - contractually they are supposed to do it.

They can't commit a delivery date due to not sure when will LTA approve OMV.

from what i understand, all COE bidded by them all failed. even open cat also.

They can't commit a delivery date due to not sure when will LTA approve OMV.

from what i understand, all COE bidded by them all failed. even open cat also.

Same for me. But my SE told me, once car is in SG, approx 6-8 weeks. Have they given you a chassis number and let u know your car is already in SG?

If all failed you want to let them try again then go ahead. They did put in a bid so there was intention of bidding. I’ll just stick with them out of good faith. But tell them this coming round must get.

Same for me. But my SE told me, once car is in SG, approx 6-8 weeks. Have they given you a chassis number and let u know your car is already in SG?

If all failed you want to let them try again then go ahead. They did put in a bid so there was intention of bidding. I’ll just stick with them out of good faith. But tell them this coming round must get.

i think its time for me to go down their office face to face discuss.

they did not give me the chasis number but they mentioned car already in SG, pending LTA's approval.

PI got promised the date that the commit to hand over car, they will do as it is. i think is good to make them write down in the contract.

• Praise 1

People here really don't know the law and don't know their rights.

If you buy GCOE and they don't get a car for you by the due date you can rent a car and claim back from the agent the rental fees.

Please don't think they give you a courtesy car out of kindness of their hearts.

:D

Thanks for heads up. First time encounter this in my years of buying new cars  [:)]

You are lucky to have gotten a loan car. Now VW sales is not so good, during the good days, they would probably ignore you. Guranteed COE does not mean you would get it during first bid unless it is stated in your sales agreement, otherwise they can bid for a few more times. On the quick delivery, you can check if there is a delivery date stated on the sales agreement, my guess is not. If quick delivery is a salesman promise, there is no contractual obligation for AD to fulfill.

Once a contract is signed, there would be penalties if one back out , so in fact they are not afraid that you cancel contract. So in summery, they are being nice and you are one of the few lucky ones.

Yeah I thought so too, on hindsight  [laugh] 

Thank you for your input.

• Praise 1

Deregistration has gone up in Jul:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M05-Dereg_by_Quota.pdf

Revalidation has come down in Jun:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/Monthly_COE_Revalidation.pdf

It looks like car sales have come down a lot so the 2nd hand car dealers have reduced extending the COE of 10-year old cars to sell.  More owners could have also given up driving.

• Praise 2

I think many Drivers extended their coe prematurely when the pqp were quite Low a few months back, in anticipation that the reduction in quota will spike up coe.

My 2 cents

• Praise 2

Likely to be still trending up. Last bid 1k+ quota 2k+ bids received. But it will hover around there la. +/- 1k

Next round coe should still around $30k.
↡ Advertisement