2019 facelift Honda Shuttle

Ceribro101

My Shuttle just travelled past 39k and looking to change a set of new tyres.

Rotated the stock Yokohama BluEarth E50 tyres every 10k but one of the tyres is still visibly more wear out on the side than the other 3 tyres. Though the threads are still much more than 1.6mm, the tyres are significantly less grippy and braking is definitely affected.

Any recommendation for a new set of 15" tyres? Anyone changed to 195/65r15 and yet the tyres don't rub the wheel wells? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, imbecilelight said:

My Shuttle just travelled past 39k and looking to change a set of new tyres.

Rotated the stock Yokohama BluEarth E50 tyres every 10k but one of the tyres is still visibly more wear out on the side than the other 3 tyres. Though the threads are still much more than 1.6mm, the tyres are significantly less grippy and braking is definitely affected.

Any recommendation for a new set of 15" tyres? Anyone changed to 195/65r15 and yet the tyres don't rub the wheel wells? Thanks.

can consider michelin  energy saver XM2, if you want real cheap then tourador tyres or rydanz.. 

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

can consider michelin  energy saver XM2, if you want real cheap then tourador tyres or rydanz.. 

Seems like XM2+ is the to-go-tyre for 15". Wonder if any tyres from other brands can have similar or even better overall performance on a Shuttle. 

Not considering tourador and rydanz as I don't want to paste their decals at the back of my car. 😂

Edited by imbecilelight

47 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Dunlop 15" tires ~ $75 per tire.

Which exact model?

Other than XM2+, I have shortlisted Dunlop FM800 and Goodyear ATM2. Have not seen any reviews of these 2 tyres installed on Shuttle. 

3 hours ago, imbecilelight said:

Seems like XM2+ is the to-go-tyre for 15". Wonder if any tyres from other brands can have similar or even better overall performance on a Shuttle. 

Not considering tourador and rydanz as I don't want to paste their decals at the back of my car. 😂

u don't need to paste decals if you dont want to.

That being said , u can't go wrong with a Michelin tyre.

14 hours ago, imbecilelight said:

Even they paste their decals on your car, you still can take them out lo.

17 hours ago, shrjun said:

u don't need to paste decals if you dont want to.

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even they paste their decals on your car, you still can take them out lo.

Since they giving $10 off each tourador tyre for pasting the decal, think we should have the integrity to keep the decal intact till changing the tyres to another brand.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, SGCMgentoro said:

I just change to CEC6...wonderful soft and quiet...I won't mind for high wear and tear plus my milage increased per tank.

*JDM petrol sienta 15"

That's great! Think Continental tyres are known to be quiet.

Soundproofing of Shuttle is really quite bad. I guess quiet tyres won't be sound quiet on a Shuttle. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:46 PM, imbecilelight said:

Which exact model?

Other than XM2+, I have shortlisted Dunlop FM800 and Goodyear ATM2. Have not seen any reviews of these 2 tyres installed on Shuttle. 

Generally, those $75-$85 are good enough if you don't drive above 120 km/hour in dry weather or 100 km/hour in wet weather.  Another aspect is to change them before 50k km or maximum 3 years as tires harden fast in our hot weather.

• Praise 1