Downpay ferrari at just 30k?

StreetFight3r

"Mr Eddie Loo, 56, president of the Singapore Vehicle Traders Association and founder of CarTimes Group, said he was not aware of such schemes."

You think i believe meh??

those PHV route oso similar to such Helpful scheme like?

President have to ensure they don't know what happens below, so they can remain truly ignorant.
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

LOLOLOLOLOL, there is a saying, money easy come, easy go! Many people carry LV Gucci Bottega wallet with many cards but bank account in hundreds every month end.

Wah piang eh...these ppl see me use Goldlion wallet (onli buy during OG lelong sale one) how liddat?

LOL! Cannot afford don't buy la. I know I cannot afford a new 420i, I bought a used one for 100+K full cash. 

i don't think anyone asked you what you can afford and if you paid full cash 

100k full cash nia want to come out hao lian please la 

• Praise 9

Then this article in The Straits Times must be fake news.

That's why the Audi A3 (1 litre, 3 cylinder, 12V engine) promo at $107K sold like hot cakes, when it's no larger in interior space than a $57K Perodua Bezza (1.3l, 4 cylinder, 16V engine).

It must be terribly disgraceful and shameful to be seen driving in a Perodua  [laugh]

I disagree. You simply buy within your means and budget. 

Don't wear a hat bigger than your head.

Agreed. Don't see why driving a Perodua is any disgraceful & shameful in any ways, being able to afford a car by itself is honestly a blessing i'd say. 

I'd think it'll feel better to be able to full cash a Perodua than take a high loan for a Ferrari, or even a Mercedes for that matter. But to each his own I suppose, different folks different egos to stroke  [laugh]

• Praise 1

i don't think anyone asked you what you can afford and if you paid full cash 

100k full cash nia want to come out hao lian please la 

Well im sure there are people who have paid more than 100K full cash. Im just saying in this context it is about buying what you can afford. I'm only able to put out 100k in cash to buy something so i stick to that budget. With 100k, I can easily use that as downpayment for a new BMW 420i but that would mean I go into debt. This would mean every month I must make sure i set aside money for the installments. This would mean my regular spending is affected. I might have to cut down on my meals at restaurants just so I can finance the loan I took. Doesn't make sense now does it? I don't think loans are financially wise when it comes to buying a car. Then again you will probably say that a car isn't a financially wise decision. Right now I can take pride in the fact that I am debt free. I can sell my car any time now and not have to worry if the selling price will cover the outstanding loan.  I mean if you've put down more than 100K in cash to buy a car, good for you! I haven't because I don't have that ability yet.

Well im sure there are people who have paid more than 100K full cash. Im just saying in this context it is about buying what you can afford. I'm only able to put out 100k in cash to buy something so i stick to that budget. With 100k, I can easily use that as downpayment for a new BMW 420i but that would mean I go into debt. This would mean every month I must make sure i set aside money for the installments. This would mean my regular spending is affected. I might have to cut down on my meals at restaurants just so I can finance the loan I took. Doesn't make sense now does it? I don't think loans are financially wise when it comes to buying a car. Then again you will probably say that a car isn't a financially wise decision. Right now I can take pride in the fact that I am debt free. I can sell my car any time now and not have to worry if the selling price will cover the outstanding loan.  I mean if you've put down more than 100K in cash to buy a car, good for you! I haven't because I don't have that ability yet.

All you have to say is " cannot afford don't buy" 

like the saying goes....Empty vessel makes the most noise 

• Praise 2

Once I was at a major big AD (will not mention name) with a friend who is collecting his car. The SE basically told us you can buy their car with 0-100% loan and there are various ways to bypass the regulations. The only thing is that the interests will be higher with more loan. Seems like all these loan curbs just make life harder for poorer people. 

only for poorer who die die want that car.

or must buy a car.

there are many dealer out there who do this. u can drive away a car (paying less then 5k downpayment )

but u need to take load at a loanshark % from their inhouse finance company.

if u cannot control your finance, these trap are every where.

buying a new extra wide hd tv with 3 years installment etc etc 

not only cars..

• Praise 2

In the 90s car dealers came up with "overtrade", inflating trade in car prices, loans and interest so that ppl can afford the cars. Now they bring it back for the same reasons. Otherwise car dealer eat what? With the quota shrinking all the time the salesman jiak sai if they sit around, do nothing and watch quota shrink.

For companys to buy vehicles they are able to take full loan. It's a loophole as it does not restrict it to just commercial vehicles. With overtrade it just open doors to any car an individual wants to buy. It's a matter of finding an ah loong to lend the money for the loan. When the car dealer is also the ah loong...best, He earns it all.

Edited by Watwheels

Buy Perodua considered YOLO or not?

And I dun mean after a crash....

that one is

You

Only

LiveD

Once

• Praise 2

Supersonic

that one is

You

Only

LiveD

Once

Hahahaa...gives new meaning to Initial D. Makes me wanna driftttt

After you survive you will feel like Yoloing everyday 

Buy Perodua considered YOLO or not?

And I dun mean after a crash....

All you have to say is " cannot afford don't buy" 

like the saying goes....Empty vessel makes the most noise 

Yeah because that statement summarises the whole situation. You take a massive loan to attain something that you typically wouldn't be able to afford. Unless you have the means to pay off the monthly installments without it affecting your regular spending, it is really stupid to take a loan for something you will struggle to pay off. Cannot afford, don't buy. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3