Downpay ferrari at just 30k?

StreetFight3r

Actually some ADs do allow, I manage to get a 2 year loan when I bought my car as it gave a good discount as compared to not taking the loan. Calculated interest paid would still be below the discount itself.

Sometimes I think its also down to the SE to bargain with the management but that's my guess lah 

Its very hard to get a 3yr loan. Reason is that the socalled interest rate is hidden in the multiyear principal that doesnt reduce over time when calculating interest rate.

Trust me I tried to ask for 4 or 5 yr loan but was told nope, min 6 years.

Basic point is that car buyers need to be smarter than car sellers... unfortunately most times its definitely the other way round

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

You are being overly sensitive. There is nothing wrong giving an example. I'm happy that this is the most expensive car i've bought using cash.  Considering I could only afford to pay cash for cars with a 50K price tag previously, I would say being able to pay 100k for a car in full cash is an achievement. Maybe this achievement is nothing to you because you've paid maybe 200k in cash for a car but I can proudly say I am not in debt. This is called living within your means. 

judging by the number of likes on my rebuttals ....i guess im not the only one being over sensitive 

and the person who liked yourpost im quoting ...behaves the same way as you all over the internet from eons ago 

Edited by hpy090909

Supersonic

Sigh, life is not easy.

Scrimping to save every month.

Who is the bloody full cash sifu?

Basket!

Some say that the sifu live in CCK

But others reported sightings at Nassim Rd

All we know is, he sibei haolian

I read your post back and forth a few times to have come to a conclusion I am not only poor but also poor in English.

Haha sorry

The tldr version is that the downpayment is obviously a barrier to owning the car. But its not only about preventing ppl from having too high a debt-service ratio. If u can accumulate $20-$30k in savings (min for new sub-$20k omv car) it shows u have good financial prudence that should also get u all the way thru paying off the loan. And even when u cant pay, u wont suffer much if u default as car can be sold off with outstanding balance cover by paper value.

When u get a clever workaround so u dont have to accumulate dp sum and add on top the much bigger debt service ratio u are taking a huge risk on a depreciating asset... so those who cheat the system may think they very clever but the only clever one is the dealer selling u car at high interest rate

I canât pay 100% full cash. 100% full loan have?

I use cpf can?

Since all also lose $$, might as well

Some say that the sifu live in CCK

But others reported sightings at Nassim Rd

All we know is, he sibei haolian

No lah, how can be CCK, Enye confirm stay Holland Road area.

• Praise 2

Eh... U one moment say u easily blew $250k on cars, now u say u can only afford to pay cash with a $50k price tag?

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2713930-goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-5/page-9?hl=goodyear

So what is what? Can u make ur mind?   [laugh]

And pls....

Ppl calls me Canon King [grin]

Dun u dare steal my title.  :D

Bloody hell... thought after i stole the cannons from sentosa i'm the indisputable big cannon fairy in mcf liao but still i lose to those in this thread... haiz sigh  [laugh] ..

Hypersonic

I use cpf can?

Since all also lose $$, might as well

Then people will want to use cpf to buy proton too

Both sides are taking a risk. Buyer take the risk that he can continue to service the monthly installment, seller take the risk that they can collect the money.

If buyer dont pay the loan, the seller can just tow the car away happily and sue the buyer till pants drop.

Seller wins.

I can’t pay 100% full cash. 100% full loan have?

I have heard of people taking loan for renewing COE on their own car. But loan more than the PQP amount. Interest rate also higher than normal.

• Praise 1

Haha sorry

The tldr version is that the downpayment is obviously a barrier to owning the car. But its not only about preventing ppl from having too high a debt-service ratio. If u can accumulate $20-$30k in savings (min for new sub-$20k omv car) it shows u have good financial prudence that should also get u all the way thru paying off the loan. And even when u cant pay, u wont suffer much if u default as car can be sold off with outstanding balance cover by paper value.

When u get a clever workaround so u dont have to accumulate dp sum and add on top the much bigger debt service ratio u are taking a huge risk on a depreciating asset... so those who cheat the system may think they very clever but the only clever one is the dealer selling u car at high interest rate

Thanks for explaining, I understood what you meant , just joking with you.

I canât pay 100% full cash. 100% full loan have?

Since you are joking , I would say sell kidney easier. Haha
  • Praise 1

If buyer dont pay the loan, the seller can just tow the car away happily and sue the buyer till pants drop.

Seller wins.

Sue doesn't mean will get money back. To tow the car they also need to find it. It's a hassle for everyone involved. Dealers rather have a good customer who pays on time.

Hypersonic

Thanks for explaining, I understood what you meant , just joking with you.

Since you are joking , I would say sell kidney easier. Haha

[laugh] [laugh]  Ok, OT a little. Got time go to Lazada and see this https://www.lazada.sg/products/bowers-wilkins-nautilus-the-ultimate-loudspeaker-black-one-pair-i286446089-s459905538.html

Read the Q&A. Good read on a lazy day. :D

• Praise 2

Eh... U one moment say u easily blew $250k on cars, now u say u can only afford to pay cash with a $50k price tag?

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2713930-goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-5/page-9?hl=goodyear

So what is what? Can u make ur mind?   [laugh]

And pls....

Ppl calls me Canon King [grin]

Dun u dare steal my title.  :D

I bought my first car at 50K

Dumped a ton of cash into it on mods, repairs, etc 30-40K

Renewed coe at 45k

Total spend is 135K

Sold it off at 63K

Bought my Z4 sDrive35is at 63K

Renewed COE at 40K

Fixed wear and tear 5K

New paint was 2K

Total spend is 110k

Total Spent on both cars is around 245K

Clearly I didn't spend 250K at one shot. It was accumulated spending on both cars.